Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is Paul and I currently live in Melbourne, Australia. I say currently as I move around a lot. I am here in Melbourne doing a degree, as a mature age student, in the Arts - Photography.

I do shoot with another system but only used for sports. I started with a Fuji X10 and progressed to the X-T1 for the interchangeable lenses. I have only just upgraded to the X-T4 and can't wait to test out its capabilities (or is that my capabilities). I am hoping that the X-T4 will work with my favourite sport Ice Hockey, if so it will become the only system I use.

I shoot mostly sports and landscapes with a little commercial work to keep me up to date.

I look forward to learning from this community. :)

I have been a Fuji user only relatively recently.  My previous system was Canon and the weight was becoming a factor.  Sold it all and now a Fuji convert. I have tried to keep it simple and small.  XT2 AND XT3  with 16-55, 50-140 plus Samyang 8mm fisheye and 100mm macro.  Still making mistakes but hey ho  there's always the delete button. I live in Dundee,  Scotland and have settled here until my toes point to the sky.

Hello!  My name is Jeigh and I’ve been shooting an t2 for the past 3 years and Nikon for 12 years before that, and the list goes on.  I just upgraded to the t4 and have some questions about Fuji’s approach to multiple exposures(ME).  On the t2, we were limited to 2 layers and when you were satisfied with the finished image, the blended pic was saved and the source images were deleted.  In the t4, we’re allowed up to 9 layers, which is lovely, but when you finish with the ME, the source Images are still on the card.  The MEs are in the standard JPG format, the source pix are RAW so are much bigger.  Hence, they eat up a LOT of valuable card real estate.  
I have scoured the manual and this forum to see if anyone knows if there is a s/w switch to enable the source file clean-up, but have not found anything.  So who do I contact/ask to find out if a) there is such a switch, and b) if there isn’t, how best to make the suggestion to Fuji?

Hi,

I'm Carlos and all around new to the whole deal! Meaning, new to photography and my recent acquisition is an XT-3. My favorite side of photography is action sports, such as motocross, surf, skating and trying to focus on these. Looking forward to learn the video experience that xt3 can offer and learn\contribute with this amazing community.

Thank You for the opportunity to joint in.

Cheers

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 hours ago, Moze_snapsports said:

Hi,

I'm Carlos and all around new to the whole deal! Meaning, new to photography and my recent acquisition is an XT-3. My favorite side of photography is action sports, such as motocross, surf, skating and trying to focus on these. Looking forward to learn the video experience that xt3 can offer and learn\contribute with this amazing community.

Thank You for the opportunity to joint in.

Cheers

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Great colors, great action.

Greetings folks

I am an Amateur Street Photographer. I use Analogue and Pixels. As far as Fuji my current go to systems are the XT-3 and X100V. Retired are the Previous 4 X100 series cams and the XT-1 along with the XT-2. I have all the Fuji X mount primes and a couple of zooms.  I look forward to learning and hopefully be able to contribute as well. I have a Flickr and I just started an Instagram.

Blessings folks,

Javier (StreetVisionLA)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/

https://www.instagram.com/streetvisionla/

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Brian and I currently live in NYC. I started shooting photos about 2 years ago and immediately fell in love with photography. It connects me to the moment and the world in a way unlike anything else. I am a very active street photographer but I love it all. If i lived in the woods, I would be just as passionate about landscape and nature as I am about the city and its people. I learned on a banged up old Canon SL2 DSLR and after a while a friend of mine let me borrow his X-T2. I was floored with how Fuji felt like a paint brush as opposed to canon which felt like a robot. It changed everything instantly. I found a banged up x100s and kept it on manual for about 7 straight months of shooting everyday before I felt even remotely adequate. I am still a newbie, and dont consider myself great by any means, and am learning and trying new things constantly. I did however, get enticed by the ever dangling Sony carrot and took a bite. While I appreciate the technology and image quality, the experience doesnt come at all close to the connection to the world that Fuji provides. Its literally an extension of myself in the world with the ability to freeze time. Sorry for all the words and romantics. I am not normally a forum/group joiner but if all of us share the same passions this cant be a bad place to be. I sold off my fuji to fund the sony and have had a hole in my heart ever since. I am hoping to fill that hole soon. Cant decide between the Xpro2 /Xpro3 or the X-t3! Wishing all of you a great day and look forward to sharing words. Thanks! -Brian 

IG: martyrtryharder

Edited by SapsuckerSluggo

HI Olaf! Thank you. I had considered the x-t4 but it seems more geared toward video shooters and I am a 100% stills photographer. Also, that side screen set up isn't ideal for street shooting. I welcome any and all advice. Im literally stuck between those 3 cameras. Thanks again for the welcome. 

Hey guys, totally new here and my second post actually, as I have already posted to the general forum. Nice to be here and I hope all are safe in these horrendous times, never more so than forums and interests such as photography should stick together and support one another. ok, I'm from Cornwall in the United Kingdom and lucky to be living in such a beautiful place for Photography. I'm in the market for a new camera after selling all my Nikon gear a while ago for financial reasons, but now would like to pursue Photography all over again, I have no ties to any brand as I have no gear at all, but I have watched a few videos on YouTube about certain Fujifilm cameras and along with the looks and functionality, they have certainly peaked my interest again in photography. 

of course as I'm sure we're all after the best image quality when we shoot, otherwise what's the point, we all want to come away with an image or 2 if we're lucky. so please check out my original post in the general side, many thanks and I look forward to any input and advice users can offer, much appreciation. 

Hi all,

I am an armature photographer and I  have been shooting film all my life and I am expecting a pretty steep learning curve so I will be a frequent visitor here. I finally decided to take the plunge into digital and after months of comparing camera reviews in my price range I pulled the trigger on the X-PRO2 mainly because it was more like a film camera and I could use my vintage Nikkor and Leica lenses on it, I also liked the OVF. I am excited about getting into the new, for me, world of digital Photography and getting yo know the Fuji community.

@GaryZ welcome to the forum. I'm an x-pro2 user now after using Canon film and Digital. Since you are new to digital and Fuji, the most important advice I can offer is to get the right software for processing your files. After some looking around, I ended up choosing Capture One as it gave the best results for Fuji RAW files. Much better than LR

Hello all! I'm very much an amateur photographer but enjoy shooting Fuji bodies and lenses. Currently have the an XT1 that I got back in 2014 that I love! I've got the 35mm 1.4 and 56mm 1.2 lenses too that are just fantastic.

I also had the original x100 which I sold a few years ago - I've been considering picking up the new x100v because I very much enjoyed the shooting experience on that camera.

If it's appropriate for this post, some of my pictures are up at:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/mheathershaw/

Glad this forum exists and it's nice to see some traffic happening here - thanks!