olli

Introduce Yourself

Makes sense. Did you know you can get adapters that will let you use other lens mounts on a Fuji x-mount camera? I have one for FD and EF. The older ones are better though as they usually give you control over the aperture. Focus peaking makes manual focusing a breeze. Also they're not that expensive.

Welcome to the forum. If you are coming from the film world you're in for a surprise. The good news is that once you're adjusted to the digital aspects, you may find yourself looking to simplify things again, that's what happened to me after a 30 year gap. I think choosing the X-pro 1 and two primes is a great starting point. If you have some of your old lenses, you'll be happy to learn there are a number of adapters out there that will let you use those older lenses again.

31 minutes ago, Ken_Udle said:

Welcome to the forum. If you are coming from the film world you're in for a surprise. The good news is that once you're adjusted to the digital aspects, you may find yourself looking to simplify things again, that's what happened to me after a 30 year gap. I think choosing the X-pro 1 and two primes is a great starting point. If you have some of your old lenses, you'll be happy to learn there are a number of adapters out there that will let you use those older lenses again.

Thanks. I do like to keep it simple, other than possibly adding a short telephoto lens, I probably have all the digital gear I'll want/need. I will pick up a used Nikon F3 and 2-3 fast primes at some point - hard to resist at today's prices and I know that camera very well. I have many, many 35mm negatives/slides, plus quite a few 4x5 negatives to play with, so I'll pickup a scanner at some point.

I'm Allan, I've been shooting since my Brownie Starmite in in the 50's as a child. My first pro camera was a 4x5 Speed Graphic and my largest format is 8x10. I don't plan ever to go back to film. I shoot mostly 360x180 equirectangular panoramas. www.allan-der.com

Edited by ader0101

Hi Guys, 

Names Andy, from the UK. Just purchased an XT2 and 23 f2 and 100-400mm. Use to be a member on the original Fuji website when I had the x100T. Looking to get involved in the Fuji competitions if they still run. Also to see how the x family have evolved and to share with the community.

Hey all,  new to Fujifilm camera gear and extremely excited to continuously explore new genres of photography. I've been curious about a professional grade mirrorless system to add to my collection. So I need to mention my cousin who recently inspired me to explore the Fuji "X" series of camera bodies. We are both professionals, he's done product/studio and glamour for work, and for personal fun (since the 80's) he's been doing candid/street photography. He loves the Fuji X mirrorless rangefinder and chose it OVER Leica after renting several Leica systems.

As for myself, I have been tightly focused on my fine art nature landscape work for 2 decades, selling luxury sized frameless HD pieces as Limited Edition/Open edition. I work with several calendar publishers and keep busy with stock request. For this genre, I use Nikon's D800 series and F/2.8 lenses for all my nature and landscapes, not looking at all to navigate away from or replace this equipment as they are the right tools for the job. Of note, however, if I'm not headed into the wilderness for the edge of the day shooting, going "anywhere else" with 40# of gear in my LowePro pack + ball head and tripod is cumbersome so I miss out on quite a bit of opportunity unrelated to nature landscapes. 

Anyhow,  after researching I just purchased a new Fuji X-T2 body and 18-55mm lens and can hardly contain my enthusiasm. I'm thrilled with the concept of a small shoulder bag, Op-Tech strap and a few batteries and cards to go out and make images that tell stories. One might think why not stick with a Nikon Z6 or Z7 mirrorless. I'll just say keywords are "after researching" and leave it at that :)    I'm already anticipating my next Fuji lens investment, and I see myself growing my Fuji kit to get more involved again with wildlife and birds of prey photography. I've always loved the crop sensor for just that.