Introduce Yourself

And here’s an example of a still life (mostly as I test the adding images function).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm Travis from Monterey, CA. I'm a new Fuji owner. Picked up a used XT1 with an 85mm Rokinon 1.4. Just getting the hang of things. Looking to add a 23mm AF. The Rokinon wiggles a millimeter or so when changing the fstop. Normal or did I buy a misfit? I'll check the other posts for the answer.

Cheers!

19 hours ago, cpX said:

Hi Travis, I have the 85mm F/1.4 Samyang lens too. (Nikon version with adapter) The lens should not wobble under any circumstances. I recommend exchanging it for another one if the warranty is still available.

Thanks for the response. I'm been trying to figure out if its the correct lens for the camera. Not really wanting to go though the trouble of an ebay return :/.

Edited by Olaf W.
Quote corrected

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, a Kiwi here (New Zealander), new to the Fujifilm world, having come from a series of Canon cameras. My last camera was the EOS 450D, which I have not used for at least 5 years. Yesterday I just bought an X-S10 kit with 18-55mm lens. As I expected, it's a whole lot of learning about this particular camera's functionality, without the benefit of knowing Fujifilm's style of UX.

We have a family vacation overseas planned for October this year. I'm hoping to learn a good deal about this camera before the big vacation. Since the pandemic started this overseas trip (all going well) feels like a big moment for us. Worthy of investing in a camera and learning to use it reasonably well!

Hello everyone,

My name is Benjamin, I am 35 and I am a newbie in the Fufi-world. I just bought my first camera, a XT-4 with XF 16/80F4 R OIS WR.

It is a huge task to tame this beast (I was working with Canon for years before Fuji), and I am curious to read this forum more deeply!

Thanks for having me!

Ben

Edited by Benbenbenben

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

my name Klaus and I'm from southern Bavaria. I'm doing nature photography, mostly landscapes (plus nightscapes in the future). I love the whole process from planing, shooting, post processing and printing. 

After 29 years as a Nikon shooter, I switched to Fuji GFX four weeks ago. Even I'm in the mid 50s, I was willing to try to carry the additional weight on my hiking trips. 😉 ATM I'm really curious about the GF 20-35/4 and hope this lens can complete my lenses in the wide-angle area. 

I hope I can learn many things here in the forum. Maybe at one point I can help other Fuji users too. 

If you are interested I have a few images displayed at. www.500px.com/klausschleicher

Happy shooting to all 

Klaus

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Don-Wales said:

Hi. Living in Wales but from the Highlands of Scotland so 2 opportunities there already for good landscapes. Switching system to Fujifilm coming from Pentax full frame as getting tired with the heavy gear on hikes.

Don.

Hello 😊 Fellow Scot here, from NE Scotland. 

Edited by teaandcake

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Krishna I'm a photographer from Nancy (France), I do photography since almost 2 years . I started with a cool Lumix GX9 but I quickly switched to Fujifilm with the XT-4 . I work with the 23mm F2, 35mm F2, 56mm F1.2 and the 50-140mm F2.8 .
Like many people I like emotions so I like wedding, sports portraits and street photography .
I'm honored to finally enter in this forum and if you want to see my work you can take a look here  : 
https://www.instagram.com/blackrish/
https://twitter.com/BBlackrish54
https://www.facebook.com/krishna.goma.1/

I can't wait to share and learn here .
Thanks for having me Fuji Family 

Hello my name is Alexander i lives in Russia (now terrible times here). I have used fujifilm last 4 years and it is the same time in my photography life.

I love to shoot portraits and fashion. Have used x-e1 x-t10 x-t2 x-h1 also take in rentals t3 and gfx system. I skilled to shoot with any lenses type and alot of technical equipment

Now my main camera is x-h1 it is enought for professional work 

https://www.instagram.com/aleksandr_m.f/

https://alexandermf.myportfolio.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, like you all, I've been on a photographic journey for a few years and like a lot of you, I've moved over from using Nikons to Fujifilm. I bought a Fujifilm XH1 about 2 years ago and I love it. I love the various film simulations. I paired my camera with various lenses like the wonderful Mitakon 35mm f/0.95. It usually comes along whenever I go out. Its low light and bokeh capabilities are really quite something. If that lens broke, I'd get another one without a second thought. 
I also got the Helios-44 58mm f/2.0 to capture more moody and/or bokehlicious images.

I just got the newest 23mm f/1.4 only to replace my 16mm f/1.4 because I felt that the FOV of the 16mm was just too big for me. I'm also not a fan of the clutch. 

Lastly, I also have the 80mm macro lens as well as the 100-400mm.

I probably won't be upgrading to the X-H2R or the X-T5 any time soon because I don't need many of the new features that those cameras provide. 

Here is a link to some of my photos if you care to check them out.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danslevent/

Here are some of my top favorites : 

I hope you like my work,
Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello. Comparatively new to Fuji and mirrorless digital. Until early 2022 I was shooting LF film (Horseman 45FA) scanned on a Flextight II, and MF digital (Hasselblad V-series with 50MP digital back). Decided I was too old to cart the LF gear around, so traded it in on a used GFX-50R and 32-64mm. Really liked using the 50R on an extended overseas trip, so bought the 100-200mm OIS to go with it.

On my return to Australia, I realised that I was mostly using the 50R in preference to the Hasselblad. So after 20 years of shooting Hasselblad I sold it all, and spent the money on an X-Pro3 with 35mm, 16mm and 100-400mm.

I do have a question about the X-Pro3 which I have posted in the appropriate subforum.

Edited to say: my favourite ever 35mm camera was the Contax G1 and I've spent a while looking for a digital equivalent. I think that I may have found it in the X-Pro 3.

Edited by Troz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All! New to the X System here, but have been a photographer for most of my life. Just picked up the GFX 50S ii and am really excited to have a digital medium format. This completely divorces me from film and being locked into Bronica Zenza, which has been very good. I also use full format Nikon z6ii, z7ii, D5, D3, and F3 for assignments when I am not shooting portrait, landscape, or architecture...

Glad to be here and sure a bunch of questions will come up and look forward to participating in this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from Nagoya, Japan. I am new to Fujifilm cameras but not to photography. Trying to document what interests me, I carry a camera almost every day with me since I moved to Japan. After using Leica rangefinder cameras and almost exclusively B/W film (self-developed, sometimes printed in a make-shift darkroom), I recently switched to Fujifilm Xpro3 and some prime lenses. To me, the Xpro3 is an almost perfect alternative to a manual RF camera and I am keen to learn a couple of new tricks here.