Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone,

My name is Harold and I got rid of my Nikon D600 complete with oil spots and got a X-T1 about a year ago. I love the color and image quality. I get blown away after 35 years of shooting Nikon's with shots from the Fuji. It's like I'm talented all of a sudden and get way more keepers with the Fuji than I ever did with the Nikon's. I have a lot to learn as the learning curve is really steep for me after knowing the Nikon system like the back of my hand. I'm studying the owners manuaal and trying to go out and shoot for at least one hour everyday out in the forested area of Northern California, half way between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. It is God's country to me.

I need some help also. I am looking for a wireless programmable remote shutter release and would appreciate any input I can get. I would also like to get something that is triggered by lightning (I can't remember the name for it). I don't know if the two are available in one unit or not? If so, that is what I would like ultimately.

What about the difference between the XF 56mm and the XF 90mm? I don't own either but would like to get the best one of the 2 for portraits. Anyone have any facts on which is the better of the 2? Bokeh, sharpness, low light etc.? I have a 18-135 mm lens that is nice, and paid for. I know the primes are better but I had to retire early (forced into due to a guy texting at 50 mph and rear ending me. 24 Surgeries later, I am unable to work any longer. Unfortunately, I can't do a whole lot anymore. Having 5 of the 7 discs removed from my neck and still needing 4 removed from my back, really messes you up.) I have the 14 mm, 55-200, XF 60mm, XF 18-135 and some of my old Film Nikon glass via an adapter that take very good photos unbelievably. Since they were made for a film 35 mm and not an aps-c sensor. I like the Fuji lenses the best as they are a lot more compact, sharp and auto focus. I have had a lot of the same auto focus issues as everyone else. I just downloaded the 4.00 firmware update last night and haven't tested it yet. What do you all think? Did the upgrade resolve the auto focus issues? Any new problems created by the "upgrade."

I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully being able to help sometimes. I do this whole photography thing for self enjoyment and really love it. I look forward to the day I know the Fuji as well as I do the Nikon. It was hard giving up the full frame to go to an APS-C sensor but I am so impressed with this camera and lens package. A guy that is in the same photography group as I am talked me in to it. He has a Photographic Rental business in San Francisco. It is called Lumoid (www.lumoid.com). It is wise to rent a new camera and/or lens before purchasing them sometimes. I hope I am not doing anything wrong by adding their name in this post. I just know they are great people and go out of their way to help you and wanted to share for those who may need this type of service just to help my new family members out.

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans and Thank You to all who are now serving our country and to those that have served in the past. It means a lot to me. I lost my father from injuries sustained in WW II when I was only 4. I served as well from my Dad's example. I really wish we could turn this country back around. Freedom isn't free and our Government is at an all time low in my humble opinion. That's all, I know this is about Fuji photography.

Happy shooting everyone and may God richly bless each and everyone of you!!!

Good Day to all!

I'm from the Philippines and I'm a former owner of an Xpro-1 and now a proud owner of an XT10

I've been an X-photographer now for 2 years and I've used my Fuji camera on weddings,birthdays, debut and portriature

Until now, I am satisfied with my output. Cheers to all!

Hello to everyone !!!

From Virginia, home of the worlds largest naval base.

I'm just a casual shooter, been a long time Nikon user and still have and occasionally shoot my F3 and a Pentax MX. I trained and worked for a pro in Manila back in the 70's but work and constant travel with my full time job affected my hobby. 

When digital age came and I got interested again, i picked up new D70, went on to D200, 300 and now got my Fuji X-T1 last week. I only have the 18-55 lens but i plan on adapting my Nikon lenses.

Cheers to all !!!

Hi,

I'm Cate from Chicago.  I started out on a Canon Ftb in 1975, as simple as choosing aperture and shutter speed and taking the picture.  Lots of Kodachrome 64.  One of my kids knocked it off a table and it was never the same. 

Picked up a Canon 7D a few years back before a trip to Yellowstone Nat'l Park.  Got some great shots but ruined my shoulder from hoisting that with a 70-300 lens all day for 7 days.  Tried an Olympus OM-D EM1 but HATED the menu diving.

Enter my Fuji X-T1. Using the 35mm prime. Less than a week old and I love it.  I really want to get back to not messing with the camera so much and just taking pictures.  I miss that.  Lots to learn. 

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am Belgian, French-speaking (Google is my friend for all other languages). I started to take photos around 1977 with a Nikormat EL, and late last year, I gave all my Nikon gear (D3, 14-24, 24-70, 105 VR Macro, more others) to take an X-T1, the 18-55, the 10-24 and the 60 macro. And some old with the desired optical rings.
I absolutely do not regret it, my back told me thank you!   ;)
I mainly do landscape, street photography and portraits in some natural light. Happy to be among you:)

Hello everyone,

I'm from Slovenia. After 15 years with Canon i switched to Fuji and i won't go back! I mostly do travel, street and landscape photography. I use fuji Xe-1 with fuji 18-55, Samyang 12 and sometimes old minolta 50-200 lenses.

And with this year trip to India i started my photo blog, you can see it here

Cheers to all!

Hey all,

I'm James, originally from Dublin, Ireland but currently living in Hobart, Tasmania.....as you do. Been shooting Fujifilm since the X10 and currently have an X30 after an unfortunate crushing incident broke poor Fred my X10. The majority of images on my blog are taken with an X30 or the X10 for posts before January this year. It's a fantastic little camera and always amazes me with the quality of its files. 

Hi,

I try to take pictures to document my children's life, with some attention to the photographic aspect as well. After trying a few camera I chose Fuji because it is small, light weight and ergonomically excellent. 

Hope to be inspired by this forum. 

Some samples of photos here

M

Hi, my name is Alex I'm from Canada presently residing in Munich. I direct TV Movies and Series, which is a job I love and my passion is photography. I learned on a Yashica Electra 35 GT and used a Pentax K2 well into the 2000's. My switch to digital was with a Canon 5DM2. Beautiful camera until a friend introduced me to the Fuji X-Pro1.....now I have a X-T1 and X100t and no Canon and absolutely no regrets. I like fine art photography, portraits and landscape. I've joined this forum to exchange opinions and experiences with other Xers.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Folks,

For over 20 years I was a corporate industrial photographer working in the Aerospace/Defense industry, photographing ships, aircraft and radar sites at military bases and around the country.

I mostly shot large and medium format, but now since photography has gone all (mostly) digital, I use Nikons for my professional work, which is mostly architectural / real estate and events.

I have always been impressed with Fuji glass, and have used their 6x9 super wide cameras and view camera lenses on my 4x5s.

Being a former Leica M user, I found the Fuji X-Pro1  and X-E2  system to be the closest thing to shooting with my Leica, which I use for fine art. 

I am finding the quality of my Fuji X lenses to rival or surpass my Nikon glass, but unfortunately find higher dynamic range on my Nikons, and have to use both systems.  

I am hoping when the new Pro-2 body comes out, the quality will surpass my Nikons, (which I will sell) and be able to stick to one camera system. 

Bought my X-T1 in December 2014.

Love the results, love using he camera, love the lenses. And with the prospect of the X-Pro 2 or X-T2 on the horizon.

I think I will stick around Fuji for a while, for sure.

Guernsey

Channel Islands.

Hi, my names is Tom and have recently brought a Fuji X-T10. 

Just sold my Panasonic G6 but also used Nikon gear for a few years. Happy to change to the Fuji X series and enjoying the camera a lot.

Love B&W and enjoy the history of some of the famous photographers over the years.

Big disappointment though is the fact I can't view my raw files in Lightroom 5.6 but hopefully this will be fixed soon ( are you listening Adobe )

Hi. My name is Ken, and I'm a retired (yeah) Federal employee living in Laurel, MD. I've been fooling around with cameras since the mid-1970's. I started with a Minolta film camera, and used to send the rolls of film away to be developed. After a couple of weeks, I'd receive a packet of negatives and prints. Those were the days (not). Once I switched to digital, I used a variety of Canon DSLRs and lenses. That worked for me for quite awhile, but I eventually tired of the bulk and weight of the equipment. Switched to Micro Four Thirds for a number of years.

Was intrigued by Fuji, and admired many pics which were posted on various forums. I wanted to keep my equipment light, however, and none of the Fuji cameras seemed to have all the features I wanted. By early 2015, a number of things had changed. I found myself with an Olympus OMD EM 5 II and the Oly 12-40 lens. The M 4/3 cameras and lenses were getting heavier and bulkier. Kept thinking about Fuji. When the X-T10 came out, decided to give it a try. Still early days, but so far I'm quite enjoying the switch.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Greetings,

I wander,  home is the UK & appreciate taking photos in Africa, had cameras for many years & learnt with a Zenit and have had different Fujis for a long time, ( + the odd Pany ) now use the XS1 & XA1 with a finepix F300 EXR in my pocket, - the XS1 is my main camera, in spite of having several lens for the X-A1 it goes out with one lens that will not be changed!  see my photos on flickr - davidthompson444 - believe it is hard to buy a bad camera - maybe not so hard to buy a wrong one!

hope all enjoy digital photography with as much please as it has given me

David

Hello everyone!

So a little bit about my background and my jump to Fuji-

I've always been into art and took pictures when I was a kid, but didn't really get into photography until about 3-4 years ago. I've been a working photographer for about 2 of those years. I do portraiture, some events, and am wanting to get into some street shooting.

I just began my foray into the wonderful world of Fuji a little over a week ago. I traded in my Nikon d7100 (including battery grip, an 85mm 1.8, and the 18-200 kit lens) for an X-T10 with the 18-55 kit lens. I debated on making the switch for over a year. I had the usual concerns: Was the image quality really there? What about the autofocus system, what if I start missing shots? Low light performance? Mind you, this is even with guys like Zack Arias, David Hobby, and Bill Fortney exclaiming how "amazing these little cameras are". Two of those guys made their living off of Nikon for 20-30 something years. Guess I'm hard headed :-) But I finally made the jump.

This. These cameras. Wow. I photographed an event for a local mission here in Indianapolis 2 days after getting this camera. I did outdoors, and an indoor shoot with (by camera standards) virtually no light except what was on stage. This camera handled everything I threw at it and did it better than my d7100. Hand-held shots at 1/4 second that are tack sharp. 6400 ISO shots that have some noise but it's still crisp and very usable.

Street shooting was something that I didn't really view as an option because my d7100 was so bulky and noticeable. It seemed like work more than shooting for fun and after all that's why we all got into photography because it's fun to take pictures! And the toys are really cool :-p With my x-t10, I can't wait to get out and shoot!

Thanks for the read, take tylenol for any headaches and drink plenty of water...

Hi

My names Chris, I'm from England.

I wanted to get back to photography, and need something to take quality images with for work. I've been encouraged by a friend to look at Fuji and ignore desires for a big Canon or Nikon DSLR.

After huge deliberation I took possession of a new X-E2 with the XF 18-55 lense about a month ago. Just amazing, really pleased.

I have not had a proper camera since the 1980s ! Practica? cant remember how to spell it, a Nikon and a Konica shutter priority with a power winder!

The X-E2 is just ace. Theres so much stuff it can do, and for me to get my head around. Raw for example, taking movies. The film simulations make sense of course!

Am looking forward to getting the best out of it.

Hey  ;)

About time I said hello! Great forum by the way.

I'm a pro commercial photographer from Auckland New Zealand and use Canon gear for that. I'm also a tutor. I recently picked up the X100T for personal photography and love it.

For street and life photos the X100T is stunning. The sensitivity to highlights in poor light is amazing for street and creative stuff.

Recently picked up some Cactus V6 triggers so sure i'll start using the X100T for more portraiture in the near future. These triggers are insane by the way.

Here are a few images i've captured with the X100T, and looking forward to exploring this place more for sure.

tumblr_nsfvleAIp71s8f3v5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_nsabqpGJnn1s8f3v5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_nsabq1M69A1s8f3v5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_ns8b3gLFGp1s8f3v5o1_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_ns2u25pJvZ1s8f3v5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_nrt3zoUWp51s8f3v5o1_1280.jpg

PHOTOGRAPHY-BY-PAUL-PETCH-using-fujifilm

_

My commercial work is at http://paulpetch.co.nz/

Photography tuition at http://www.shop.paulpetch.co.nz/

A personal photo project called Good People Run over at http://www.goodpeoplerun.co.nz/

And my Fuji photos and blog at http://www.fujifilmcollective.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone who has made the change and have become a part of this collective.

I am Professional Photographer of over 20 continuous years, having used everything from Blad's and Leica's to Canon's and Nikons, I now find myself amongst a group of similar minded individuals who have found a system that evolves to make our job just that bit easier thru reinvention.

My Current Workload is 10% Commercial, 40% Photography Workshops and to keep me on my toes, 50% Weddings, which I love even more namely because of the Fuji X Series, being a lesser burden on an aching body.

I have only been a dedicated 100% Fuji Photographer since June 2015, but shot my first wedding with the help of a Fuji X100T in October 2014'.

What's in my Fuji Bag? 

Fuji X-T1 Chrome Silver, Fuji X-T1 Black, Fuji X100T Chrome, 16/1.4,  23/1.4,  56/1.2,  90/2, Macro tubes, Flashes and more boring accessories. Plus a book case of delicious Film Cameras.

Please feel free to view my BLOG, which contains my latest Weddings using the Fuji's in the snow.

johnmitchellphotography@wordpress.com

Regards,

JM

Hi, I'm new here and would like to introduce myself.

I'm from the Netherlands and currently shoot with a Sony A200 DSLR and occasionally with the Olympus E-PM1. Both the Sony as the Olympus are getting old and the sensors nowadays are much better. I like shooting with the Sony but the Sony A-mount is slowly dying so I don't want to invest in Sony gear anymore.

I'm thinking of switching to the Fuji X system (X-T10 probably). I also consider buying an Olympus OM-D E-M5II or E-M10. 

I am looking forward to learn about the Fuji X cameras and lenses and maybe become a Fuji X photographer too.

Hi, My name is Bob Primes and I'm a recently retired Hollywood Director of Photography.  When my Canon 5D Mk 2 outfit became too heavy to shlep around, I bought an XT-1, 10-24mm, 56mm f/1.2, 18-135mm, 50-140mm and 16-55mm.  I've shot about 29 thousand shots with the Fuji since spring of 2014.  I'm currently going through Lightroom reorganization hell but when I'm past that I'll try to post some shots that I like.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

A small introduction ...

I am a self-taught photography enthusiast from Belgium but living in Qatar, who started with the most basic Canon DSLR camera and upgraded my gear as my 'skill' started to improve. I started getting into photography somewhere in the end of 2012 and kept learning every day ...

My interests in photography is quite a wide arrange of subject including Equine photography (mainly the Arabian Horse as this is part of my job), and beside this i just love to take photo's of landscapes, cityscapes, architecture, culture related photography, nature, wildlife and actually pretty much anything that grabs my attention.

Some of my Arabian Horse photography got published in several brochures and web pages. 

My current gear setup is the following;

Canon 5D Mark III + Canon 70-200mm F2.8II, for my horse and action photography.

Fuji X-T1 Graphite + Fujinon 14mm + Fujinon 23mm + Fujinon 55-200mm, only acquired recently and am planning to use this as my main camera.

I would like to invite you to have a look at my photography profile for which i have chosen Flickr as i think it looks very clean and is an easy way to organize and showcase your photography.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ziggywellens/albums

A few examples for your enjoyment;

19343594546_144ec36187_b.jpgSunset in Cortona, Italy. by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

20275327009_7624468137_b.jpgResting Barbary macaques by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

18450634531_57ce82c6e2_b.jpgArabian Foal by Ziggy Wellens, on Flickr

Hello Everyone,

I am am amateur photographer from India, currently in Japan( Tokyo ).
I'm interested in most genre of photography of them streets and portraits I love most. I kind of like a bit of abstract too.
Recently very interested in Wedding, but haven't done any though!

I got a knack in photography from a very early age, but started taking it seriously only a year and a half back, my progress has been quite slow though, but my hopes and high. I started with the family Kodak film camera, then had a canon 590IS in which I learned all the manual settings( it was 2008 i think ), then I got myself a Canon 500D had loads of fun with this, had some good pictures from it too, mostly friends and abstract stuff, then came the Fujifilm X-T1 which I bought as i liked the compact idea, the quality and the design. 

Have been shooting with the Fuji for a year now, love the camera the lenses.

Sorry don't have any pictures to post now!
but do check out my links 

http://500px.com/dhiman
https://flickr.com/photos/dhimanr

http://dhimanroy.com   ( personal one, still updating )

cheers!
Dhiman

Hi,

I am in my sixties and started taking photos when I was 18. I worked in the UK but travelled to many parts of the world on business and leisure also. I mainly used Nikon, Canon, Bronica 645 and towards the end of using film I had a Leica M6TTL and an R4, R4s and a R7. I Have always had one or two compact cameras including the Canon G10 but in 2011 I purchased a Fuji X10 which I still use regularly today.

My love of Fuji started in the late 1980's when a friend in Hong Kong lent me a Fuji 645 with the folding lens. I loved it!

I my last Nikon was a D7000 which was hardly used as I not longer like carrying a large camera around. A year ago I bought the X-E1 and last week finally got rid of my SLR equipment and bought an X-Pro1. So now I have 3 Fujifilm cameras and if I do decide to buy anymore camera equipment in the future, I hope it will be an X-T series body.

I realise I need to embrace the functionality of digital technology more and believe that sticking to one brand will help me.