Introduce Yourself

Hi everybody out there...my name is Martin and I am a doc, live in S/W Germany near the Swiss and French border close to Freiburg and the Black Forest.  I take photographs mostly with the tiny Fuji X-E2s/27mm, but own some other digital and analog Cams. Educated in photography at "Ostkreuzschule für Fotografie/Berlin" I learnt that most of my photos are boring, but a good curator can make a nice exhibition with nearly any portfolio. And: Badly spoken/written English is the most widely spoken/written language in the world, I am part of that community;-)

Stay healthy!

Edited by docmartin

Hello,

I'm Otis from Greece. I know a little about photography, and a lot about the technical side of imaging and video. I just got some Fuji X-series equipment and I'm interested in using in for video projects. I thought this forum would be the place to start.

I've been an analog (i.e., film) photographer for over 55 years. Getting into digital has not been easy. The cameras have so many capabilities and the software is at times confusing. Anyway, I've at last settled on Fuji as meeting my needs, with the best user interface I have seen. Have an X100V and a X-S10. Let the new journey begin!

16 hours ago, Joel O said:

I've been an analog (i.e., film) photographer for over 55 years. Getting into digital has not been easy. The cameras have so many capabilities and the software is at times confusing. Anyway, I've at last settled on Fuji as meeting my needs, with the best user interface I have seen. Have an X100V and a X-S10. Let the new journey begin!

Enjoy the voyage of discovery.

Hi,

My name is Brandon.  Have been using Fujifilm cameras for a few years now.  Started with an X-T1, moved up to the X-T2 and most recently purchased an X-Pro3.  Love the form of these cameras having switched over from Nikon and haven't regretted it once.

To be honest, I'd never stumbled upon this forum until today.  Looking forward to reading through and being a part of the community.

Greeting from Australia

I am a long time photographer, new to Fuji with recent purchase of an X-T3.

I actually started in underwater photography with a Nikonos V, a Nikon F80 film cameras in the 90's, before transitioning to the Nikon D100 and D200 based systems. I then transitioned to MFT mirrorless in 2013, using Panasonic Lumix GX7, GX9 and G9 bodies. These days my photography is broader adventure, landscape and travel based.

My philosophy is to change cameras only when I have hit the limits of a system, and I have found a limit in terms of low light (particularly astro) photography. I know many would say I should have gone all the way to full frame, but in my reading, tests and discussions, the Fuji system seem to balance great image quality and carry ability. And they seem fun to use, which is important.

So here I am. Look forward to future conversations. 

Cheers

Des

Hello Everyone!

I’m Mikey, from the Philippines. I am a hobbyist and experience wise a newbie with photography.

I switched to Fuji from Nikon last year and I currently have XT3 and XT4 as my cameras and 16 1.4, 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 2.0, 56 1.2, 90 2.0 and 50-140 2.8 as my lenses.

Hoping to learn and converse with everyone here! 

Hi all!

My name is Dave Avila  and I am from Chicago. I have owned my X-T3 for two years now and have accumulated the following lens: 18-55mm kit, 23mm 2.8, 16mm 1.4, and soon to be in my hands 100-400mm. I've previously owned Nikon DSLRs and used Canon DSLRs. Looking forward to learn and contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. am Shanmuga Raja (42) from Tamil Nadu (India). am wedding photographer since 22 years and used several cameras from past. very much interested in travel & street photography. On 2006 I purchased Fujifilm Fine Pix S9500 for my studio & wedding, then changed to canon series, again in 2018, brought my Fuji X-T100 & loved that camera, and sold that camera I replace with Fuji X pro 1 (used) & Fuji X-E3. I have lot of vintage lenses and love to pair with my fuji & shoot weddings & travel. having some m42 lenses, Nikon glasses, zenith series, etc.. plan to buy one more Xpro1.

I came across this X forum past week and love & happy to travel (chat) with you guys.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 | Fujifilm X-E3 | Nikon D700 | Canon 5D classic | Mark 2 | 6D | EOS 20D  

with regards,

Shanmuga Raja J 

https://www.facebook.com/shanmugarajafotographie/ 

https://www.facebook.com/ok.sathy/ 

https://www.shanmugarajavisualstories.myportfolio.com 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Good afternoon everyone. I’m new to the Fuji system but so far am loving it. Was a Canon shooter for years up to a 5DMkIV. But I love the aesthetics of the Fuji and it has always drawn me to want one. So I bit the bullet and purchased an X-T4 when they were released in 2020 for my first mirrorless and travel camera. Wow, am I loving the camera and Fuji ecosystem. 

Shot this picture today showing CA’s COVID existence. It was 70 degrees today, not one cloud in the sky, on a holiday weekend, and still the streets seemed empty. I shot it with my X-T4, XF 23mm f/1.4 at 1/500, f/5.6, ISO160.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi from Scotland!

Came to Fujifilm (X-T30) from Canon (5D mkII) about a year ago and haven’t looked back. I’m really enjoying the X-T30 now i have it set right for me. 
Been working on a budget so went down the adapted vintage lens route but, for me at least, it’s not the way forward. 
I’m mostly a landscape guy and i find the old glass doesn’t quite have the resolving power for anything more than a few meters away so sticking to Fujifilm lenses for that! In the right hands though and used in the right style the vintage lenses could be used to great effect, i don’t doubt it. 
I shoot in full manual mode to force me to slow down and take my time. Almost everything is tripod based (Gitzo carbon) and i use both Capture one and Lightroom. 
Looking forward to being part of the Fujifilm community which seems to be growing steadily and sharing some images and info!

Chris

15 minutes ago, Chrisrm7 said:

Hi from Scotland!

Came to Fujifilm (X-T30) from Canon (5D mkII) about a year ago and haven’t looked back. I’m really enjoying the X-T30 now i have it set right for me. 
Been working on a budget so went down the adapted vintage lens route but, for me at least, it’s not the way forward. 
I’m mostly a landscape guy and i find the old glass doesn’t quite have the resolving power for anything more than a few meters away so sticking to Fujifilm lenses for that! In the right hands though and used in the right style the vintage lenses could be used to great effect, i don’t doubt it. 
I shoot in full manual mode to force me to slow down and take my time. Almost everything is tripod based (Gitzo carbon) and i use both Capture one and Lightroom. 
Looking forward to being part of the Fujifilm community which seems to be growing steadily and sharing some images and info!

Chris

Hello, I'm from Scotland too! I had an entry level Canon which I rarely used. I got my Fuji and absolutely love it, I have an X-T30 with 18-55mm lens. Now I'm out with my camera often and have a lot more interest in photography.

2 minutes ago, teaandcake said:

Hello, I'm from Scotland too! I had an entry level Canon which I rarely used. I got my Fuji and absolutely love it, I have an X-T30 with 18-55mm lens. Now I'm out with my camera often and have a lot more interest in photography.

I’m in Perth and hoping to have more time to get out soon, locally though, going on flexi-furlough!

Can’t wait for travel to be allowed again, aiming to get to Iceland, Prague and the Outer Hebrides this year!

Just picked up a 15-45mm lens on Ebay for next to nothing, so far it seems really surprisingly sharp (when used between 23-35mm and around f/8!)