Introduce Yourself

Hi all,

My name is Bram and I'm from Belgium. I got my first Fuji camera yesterday! It's an X-E3 and I have a single lens: 27mm f2.8 pancake. I have some experience (Nikon D5600, Leica R4, old Minolta SLR and ancient Voigtlander). Reason why I came to Fuji is for the small, but great camera's with control comparable to the Leica R4, but digital, portable and with autofocus. I wanted a compact package, so hte X-E3 and pancake lens are a great fit! My plan is for the X-E3 to be a camera I take everywhere, all the time.

ANd I want to spend more time taking photo's and less time editing, so I'm trying t shoot JPEG as good as possible. A bit like film: Once a picture is taken, you couldn't change it either...

You'll mostly see picture of my family life, trips, etc. I'm not too serious about my photography, but I'm keen on improving, so all your critiques are welcome!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

My name is John M -mnhoj- and I live in Los Angeles.

I've recently come back to the Fuji system after brief visits to Sony, Olympus and Canon.

I picked up an X-H1 and am very happy with it and my growing collection of lenses.

10-24(arriving tomorrow), XF23 1.4, XF 35 f2(arriving Wednesday) and a Viltrox 56mm 1.4.

I also have a few legacy lenses Nikon 55mm 3.5 micro and a 100mm F2.8 series.

My passion is portraiture and I use Godox/Flashpoint gear for off camera lighting.

Thanks for having me.

Edited by mnhoj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm Essere from Hong Kong, have been on and off fujifilm user for over 2 decades. I remember that my first DC was the square shape one by Fujifilm, can't recall the model...

Owned X10 before, but stopped shooting for a few years, recently pick it up again with 2nd hand equipment X-T10 and then X-T2, mainly using a manual 35mm f1.4 lense.

Being a project manager in IT sector, I'm just an amateur (even after 20+ years since my first SLR) enjoying photography as a form of arts, really enjoy the color of Fujifilm jpeg, yet I love taking b&w photo myself.

Hope to learn from fellows here and share the joy in photography. have fun!

Edited by esli

Hello All, glad to finally be here as I feel like I’m everywhere else.   Some may know me already from my work with Fujilove as well as Fuji X passion Magazine.  Can’t wait to share here as well.

I also have an Instagram account at www.Instagram.com/joedagostinophoto

My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/JoeDAgostino1776

Or visit the blog/website at www.josephdagostinophotography.com 

My name is Adam and I live in Toronto. I bought my first Fujifilm X-E1 + 18-55mm many years ago as a small camera for travel. I fell in love with Fujifilm and I now have a X-T20 with 27mm f2.8 pancake with me always and for serious fun I have a X-T4 with XF16mm f1.4, XF23 + XF35mm f2, XF56mm f1.2, XF10-24mm, XF16-55mm, and XF50-140mm, Samyang 12mm f2 . I also use a Fringer Pro adapter with Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8, which works pretty well. 

I shoot video for a profession but stills for a hobby. I really enjoy the Fujifilm cameras and lenses probably for the same reasons the other people on this forum do. They are so much fun to shoot with and the images are amazing. I look forward to learning new things on the forum and maybe show a few of my photos.

Cheers

Edited by Adglad

Hi !

Michael, from Paris (France) and new to the fuji world  with xpro3. Key factor being : the optical viewfinder, not exactly a ground glass with reverse image but closer than EVF

Just switched from Olympus mFT (40 years olympus but prospect on new cameras is blurred)

Most of the time ,  large and medium format photographer (not really pocket size...) ; work in B&W , architecture and urban landscape

Stay safe all and let's take good picture

Hi I'm Brian.

Brand New to Fuji as of Friday 27th after my insurance finally paid out.

Basically after slipping 10 feet down an embankment into a, small river, taking my Canon DSLR and my CanonPowerShot G7 X, 4 lenses, backpack and tripod with me.

I wanted a smaller camera, even before my swim, as I had the entrylevel 1300d which I'd outgrown after 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

The short story: Hi im Rick I was in a wreck and my head got banged around severely. My wife got a new car and I got a XT-4 to replace my Nikon D80. 

I took my first pictures from an old brown box my mom got me about 55 years ago. It was a Brownie she picked up at a second hand store. I saved and bought a roll of film. Man I wish I still had those first images. Ive spent years just playing around taking pictures but mainly collecting old photograph negatives and learning how to make the prints off the negs I had collected. Some of the negatives were bigger than 8" x 10". It was pretty cool seeing what would come. My wife and I have got into boating and float around in our vintage cabin cruiser at night looking for the perfect shots. I didnt have patience for for fishing during the day but I am driven to learn how to use a camera and capture the beauty of the lake at night.  Christmas card pictures are also a highlight in my amateur photography. Oh and I fell in love with the vintage look of the XT-4 at first glance plus a Doc told me it would be good to challenge my mind to help it recover. I am on a high learning curve with a low attention span!!!!! LOL

Martin from WV ..... went to Fuji because of compact size and aperture choice on lens. In old manual days I had Nikon (stolen), Canon (made when they made my mf lens obsolete), and Pentax along with Pentax and Mamiya 645s. I first went Pentax route in digital but now only Fuji ... love to shoot the rangefinder style cameras : X-e3, 100V with 14, 16, 23, 50 and 90. Gave my Pentax stuff to my niece.  

Edited by Goonerjr
forgot to put my location

I'm Karel Also know as Lazy Charles.  I live in Antwerp.

I'm photograhing for more than fifty years now but it was never my professional work.  I was using Canon gear and get an second hand XE1 in 2015, following I get rid of my Canon stuf end bought an XT2 with several lenses. In 2018 I get an XT3 extra en in septembre I get an X100V.  The XT series I use most fot making documentaire photographing for poor culture organisations as a volunteer.  The X100V is the camera I have most of the time with me.  The last year photografing was not a priority due the C19 and a broken shoulder.  Hope 2021 we can start better.