Introduce Yourself

Greetings!  gnuhapi is my alias and I'm an analog dinosaur, beginning to learn and get happy with digital.  My first camera was a Kodak Brownie and from there I progressed through Aires, Canon, Leica, Yashica, Nikon and a few experimental stints with Hasselblad, Speed Graphic and a custom 16x20 graphic arts camera which I built into my darkroom wall.  I did some photojournalism, advertising racetrack, wedding and evidence photography during several other careers which fed me.  Retirement and subsequent travel brought on the sale of my surviving Nikons and the purchase of a nondescript digital, a couple of Canons and a doomed-to-failure Nikon 1V2.

When the Nikon's lens failed, and my Canon G-11 would not fit the bill for a scheduled trip to Turin this April, I bought an X-Pro2.  Naturally, the normal 35mm lens wouldn't suffice, so along came the 18-135.  When the trip was cancelled due to the pandemic, and I was locked down at home in Spain, I amused myself shopping on Amazon.  Along came an EX-3 with a 27mm, a 23mm and ultimately the X100V and too many peripherals to admit to.

My photography is eclectic but heavy on a preference for Black & White and documentary shots.  I also do many reference photos as I paint as well.  I'm enthused to find this forum and looking forward to learning and communicating.

hello from washington DC. I'm new to photography and new to fuji!

i originally bought a sony a6100 then something about watching and seeing fuji images i decided to pick up a x100f which i love! just the other day on impulse picked a xt3. 

I have a lot to learn and hope i can pick up a few things here

Hi, I’m a long time amateur photographer from the south of England. I’ve recently bought my first FujiFilm camera, a X-H1 and a couple of lenses. My previous digital cameras have been Canon and Pentax.  I’ve always liked the look of Fuji stuff but never got round to buying a camera from them until recently. The X-H1 ticked all the boxes for an upgrade and the price was very affordable. I’m really enjoying using my new Fuji stuff and am really liking the colours and quality of the pictures I’m getting from the X-H1.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm a recent Fuji convert from Olympus, and have so far got myself a X-H1, XF18-55, XF55-200 and a Samyang 12mm. Next purchase will be a 100-400 then stop spending!!

I mostly do landscapes with a bit of wildlife thrown in, but don't really photograph people!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I’m a micro four thirds convert. Just sold all my m43 gear and purchased the x-t4 with 16-80mm. My first Fuji setup. I can honestly say, it was the best decision I have made. Had been considering it for years and don’t know why I waited so long. 

I’m absolutely blown away by the results I’m getting straight out the camera

New Fuji user here but I've been a full time photographer for the last 15 years.   Just picked up the X-T4 and a couple f/2 crons.  Really happy with the system so far but I really enjoy mounting vintage glass to the body. The results are stunning.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Not Exactly new, but Don't think I introduced my self.  Must have missed this thread.

I'm Aaron.  I love doing both 4K video, and Photography.  I did have a X-T4, but returned it.  There were some money issues.  And some other things.  But will replace it shortly.  I strongly believe that who we are as creators, shows the world who we are.  Here is who I am:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe68xB9s6JACuGE3gEWcbIg

On 8/15/2020 at 8:05 AM, mimsy89 said:

Hi all

I’m a micro four thirds convert. Just sold all my m43 gear and purchased the x-t4 with 16-80mm. My first Fuji setup. I can honestly say, it was the best decision I have made. Had been considering it for years and don’t know why I waited so long. 

I’m absolutely blown away by the results I’m getting straight out the camera

Wonderful camera. For a very good explanation of all the dials, buttons and possible settings, have a look at David Greengo at Creative Live.

Hi everybody. I am a long time amateur photographer based in the North of England. My interests are in landscape and portraiture. Most of my photography has been done here and in the west of Ireland. I have the X-Pro2 and a range of fixed and telephoto lenses together with the X-100F and X-100V and love the cameras. Having for many years done film photography using Olympus OM cameras, I feel very much at home with Fujifilm's film simulations - no manufacturer gets near their gorgeous renditions. Now four years in with Fujifilm after using Pentax as my first digital experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I'm from Milan, Italy and pretty new to the photo world in general. I have the XT3 still with the kit lens 18-55 and the XH1 mostly used with 50-140 2.8. For the moment I'm focused on natural life and sport in particular road bike and triathlon.

I would love to get some tips on the use and probably the proper AF (c) setting especially related to road bike races. Is there a dedicated area of the forum for such technical discussions?

Thanks a lot !

Fabrizio

Edited by fabri26MI
X-H1/50-140/140*f/8*1/125

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

I am Rainer from Helsinki, Finland. 

I just sold all my Nikon gear (about 10 kg 😆 ) which I have been using since switching to digital 2004. I got a XT-4 and lenses 16-80 and 100-400. So far I'm very pleased.

I shoot mainly landscapes and nature.