Introduce Yourself

4 hours ago, Olaf W. said:

Welcome to our forum! Take a look at the X-T30 section for more information about your cam.

Thank you! I’ll definitely check it out when I get my camera. I’m really excited to try it. 

I have an entry level Canon DSLR at the moment. It’s ok but not great in low light and a bit slow for wildlife or anything fast moving. Hoping the XT30 will be a big upgrade for me. Love the portability of it. I’m hopefully going on a big trek next year and it will be ideal to take with me. 
I’ve seen reviews which say the small size is a negative but hopefully for me it’ll be a plus as I’m only little  :)

I’m very much an amateur photographer but enjoy it as a hobby. I also attend a local photography group which is great. 

I enjoy landscape and nature photography, wildlife, pretty much anything that isn’t people posing! 

Im from Aberdeenshire in Scotland. 

hi,

My name is Bartek, I am a full-time photographer from Poland. I currently have x-t2 and x-pro2. It looks like they will stay with me for a long time :) Like many people, I sold my FF dslr nikon equipment two years ago and I loved these small but powerful X cameras and lenses. 

lately I deal mainly with portrait photography. After hours I also practice airbrush painting.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, Stewart Dodd said:

I have been a Fuji user only relatively recently.  My previous system was Canon and the weight was becoming a factor.  Sold it all and now a Fuji convert. I have tried to keep it simple and small.  XT2 AND XT3  with 16-55, 50-140 plus Samyang 8mm fisheye and 100mm macro.  Still making mistakes but hey ho  there's always the delete button. I live in Dundee,  Scotland and have settled here until my toes point to the sky.

Nice to see someone else from Scotland on here. 🙂  I keep meaning to visit Dundee to check out the V&A, the building looks really cool. 
My XT30 is arriving next week and I’m so excited to try it out, I’ve never used mirrorless before. I’ve had an entry level Canon for a few years so this should be a big upgrade! 
If you have any tips please send them my way. 

Hi, I've been practing with my Fujifilm XH1 for a little more than 7 months or so. I really enjoy the manual options that allow us to focus on our subjects without taking our eye off the subject. Below are you can find a few of my pics. You can check out the rest of my photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/danslevent but not all of them were taken with my Fujifilm XH1.

Cheers, Chris

9 minutes ago, lapinbleu007 said:

Hi, I've been practing with my Fujifilm XH1 for a little more than 7 months or so. I really enjoy the manual options that allow us to focus on our subjects without taking our eye off the subject. Below are you can find a few of my pics. You can check out the rest of my photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/danslevent but not all of them were taken with my Fujifilm XH1.

Cheers, Chris

Great images! All really sharp with beautiful colours. What software do you use for post processing?

20 minutes ago, teaandcake said:

Hi, I'm glad you like my photos. I only use DarkTable to do the post processing. I do the cropping and I play with the contrast a little to get my images the way I want them. I also play with the lighting and the background of my photos a little to get a different effect before I take my photos. 

Cheers !

C

34 minutes ago, lapinbleu007 said:

Hi, I'm glad you like my photos. I only use DarkTable to do the post processing. I do the cropping and I play with the contrast a little to get my images the way I want them. I also play with the lighting and the background of my photos a little to get a different effect before I take my photos. 

Cheers !

C

I haven’t heard of that, interesting. I use Lightroom very tentatively and only do the basics. I have heard that it doesn’t handle Fuji RAW files so well but I’m going to see what they’re like before I think about switching to a different program. 

I need to work on my photography, I’m very amateur and just do it as a hobby. I’m hoping that the Fuji system with the dials will make me think about each part and hopefully improve my skills. 

1 minute ago, teaandcake said:

I haven’t heard of that, interesting. I use Lightroom very tentatively and only do the basics. I have heard that it doesn’t handle Fuji RAW files so well but I’m going to see what they’re like before I think about switching to a different program. 

I need to work on my photography, I’m very amateur and just do it as a hobby. I’m hoping that the Fuji system with the dials will make me think about each part and hopefully improve my skills. 

From what I understand, Darktable is very similar to Lightroom. It does handle Fuji RAW files but as a I am also an amateur, I don't know if it does it very well or if it does a mediocre job. In any case, I've never had a problem with it.

At least with the focusing system on the Fuji cameras, I'm learning a lot more about photography. My photos come out less blury because I can see what is happening when I focus the lens and camera. The stabilization features are top notch as well. 

4 minutes ago, lapinbleu007 said:

From what I understand, Darktable is very similar to Lightroom. It does handle Fuji RAW files but as a I am also an amateur, I don't know if it does it very well or if it does a mediocre job. In any case, I've never had a problem with it.

At least with the focusing system on the Fuji cameras, I'm learning a lot more about photography. My photos come out less blury because I can see what is happening when I focus the lens and camera. The stabilization features are top notch as well. 

Interesting. I already use LR so if the Fuji RAW files look ok I’ll just stick with it. I think in areas of high detail there can be a lot of artefacts and ‘worms’ which don’t look very nice. I’m not sure how easy it is to sort that out in LR, especially as I’m very amateur. Apparently it’s due to the Fuji sensor and LR doesn’t process it so well. 

I’m getting my camera next week so will see what I think :) Really excited to get out photographing with it. I’ve watched YouTube videos about the focusing and it looks really good. Maybe for once my photos will be in focus 😂 Do you always use the EVF, screen or a mix of both? On my Canon I mostly use the viewfinder but that’s mainly to save battery. 

16 minutes ago, teaandcake said:

Interesting. I already use LR so if the Fuji RAW files look ok I’ll just stick with it. I think in areas of high detail there can be a lot of artefacts and ‘worms’ which don’t look very nice. I’m not sure how easy it is to sort that out in LR, especially as I’m very amateur. Apparently it’s due to the Fuji sensor and LR doesn’t process it so well. 

I’m getting my camera next week so will see what I think :) Really excited to get out photographing with it. I’ve watched YouTube videos about the focusing and it looks really good. Maybe for once my photos will be in focus 😂 Do you always use the EVF, screen or a mix of both? On my Canon I mostly use the viewfinder but that’s mainly to save battery. 

I use a combination of both. When taking most pictures I use the EVF as it is more natural to me. I probably use the screen when I can't seem to get in a good position to use the EVF. I know you can take pictures by taping the screen but in my mind, that would add make my camera shake and that is the main thing I am trying to avoid. 

Hint : Be sure you take RAW and JPG photos in order to be able to zoom in more when in preview mode. If you only take RAW photos, you'll find out that you won't be able to zoom in as much as you'd like. I never had this problem while using my Nikons. 

6 minutes ago, lapinbleu007 said:

I use a combination of both. When taking most pictures I use the EVF as it is more natural to me. I probably use the screen when I can't seem to get in a good position to use the EVF. I know you can take pictures by taping the screen but in my mind, that would add make my camera shake and that is the main thing I am trying to avoid. 

Hint : Be sure you take RAW and JPG photos in order to be able to zoom in more when in preview mode. If you only take RAW photos, you'll find out that you won't be able to zoom in as much as you'd like. I never had this problem while using my Nikons. 

Thanks for the tip 🙂  My plan was to shoot only in RAW but if I can’t zoom in enough I’ll try RAW and JPEG. I might need to get a bigger memory card!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 8:37 PM, RonF said:

Great colors, great action.

My apologies for the late reply. Its hard put something new into routine. Been amazed by the Fujifilm customer service as I have been committed in getting along with the XT3 and on the learning curve to raise my 'keepers' folder. Its happening, but hard work on to it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello,

I've been a Canon user (amateur) for 12 years (30d - 7d - 6d), only used Fujifilm F50fd before, which was my first digital camera (and I wasn't quite happy with it because of noise). Now I'm going to switch the system, for multiple reasons.

So I've got X-T3 and just one lens for start (16-80 f/4).

I will miss my two EF L-lenses, though...

Also, I tried to switch to Capture One - as I heard, it's the best processor for Fuji's raw files, tried it, but still have to stick with Lightroom because one important feature is missing from C1 - generating HDR image from bracketed shots, and I use it quite often.

Edited by syborg

1 hour ago, syborg said:

Hello,

I've been a Canon user (amateur) for 8 years (30d - 7d - 6d), only used Fujifilm F50fd before, which was my first digital camera (and I wasn't quite happy with it because of noise). Now I'm going to switch the system, for multiple reasons.

So I've got X-T3 and just one lens for start (16-80 f/4).

I will miss my two EF L-lenses, though...

Also, I tried to switch to Capture One - as I heard, it's the best processor for Fuji's raw files, tried it, but still have to stick with Lightroom because one important feature is missing from C1 - generating HDR image from bracketed shots, and I use it quite often.

Hi 🙂

I had a Canon 100D which was my first camera and I recently got an XT30. I feel I use it a lot more than my Canon and really like it so far. 

Im still in a bit of a dilemma about which software to use. I’m used to using Lightroom and find it’s better value for money than Capture One as it has mobile apps and offers Photoshop etc. too. 
Ive got the free version of Capture One but have only used it a couple of times. I think I prefer the interface of Lightroom. 

On 6/21/2020 at 8:12 AM, teaandcake said:

Nice to see someone else from Scotland on here. 🙂  I keep meaning to visit Dundee to check out the V&A, the building looks really cool. 
My XT30 is arriving next week and I’m so excited to try it out, I’ve never used mirrorless before. I’ve had an entry level Canon for a few years so this should be a big upgrade! 
If you have any tips please send them my way. 

Welcome. I'm looking forward to you photos from Scotland. I'm likewise thinking of the x-t30 myself. What lens?

20 minutes ago, mjcmt said:

Welcome. I'm looking forward to you photos from Scotland. I'm likewise thinking of the x-t30 myself. What lens?

I wouldn’t expect too much from my photos, I’m very amateur and I’m lucky if they’re in focus 😂 

I love my XT30 and got it with the 18-55mm lens. I’m happy with it so far and for a ‘kit lens’ it seems really well made and good quality. I’m thinking of a 35mm prime next and perhaps a wide angle after that.