Introduce Yourself

My name is Carolyn.  I bought my fuji as a new camera to upgrade from my smart phone.  I took some photo classes in college using a friends cannon and learned the basics of light, shutter and aperture.  

When I bought my fuji, i learned some basics, and had fun with those.  I put it down for a while though  and seem to have lost my ability to use it confidently.

I need basic questions answered, this is why I'm here.  I'd really like to love my camera, I'd like to feel like it's a part of me and that what I see I can capture.  Hoping to find help here.

Thanks for your moderation of this forum, I look forward to your advice & guidance!

Hi there,

I'm Andy from Würzburg, Germany. I'm a Fuji-Guy for around 2 years and I shoot with a X-T1 plus the 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200. That's it. Right now I think I don't need nothing more. But time will tell ;)

I love nature and landscape photography. But sometimes I'm also taking some street, even I'm really bad at it 🤣

In this Forum, mostly I'm looking for inspiration and ideas. I'm not a gearhead at all^^

That should be enough for now.

see ya

Hello everyone,

I'm Henning, originally from Germany now living in the US form many years (NY metropolitan area). I've been working in retail all my life selling mostly fine Swiss watches and a little while ago my store started to carry the Leica brand of cameras - which rekindled my interest in the art of photography. Now, although I respect Leica and their products, I do not see myself in this kind of league and after some research decided to let my really old and shoddy Pentax K100D rest and instead treated myself to something new - the X-T30. So far I am enjoying this camera very much and love the learning experience. This camera is with me most of the time lately.

There is one thing I was wondering about... I have rather large hands and decided to add a bracket/grip for better handling. Is there a camera case that will accommodate the added grip? Maybe someone here has ideas/suggestions.

Also, the other day I went to the beach at 6:00am to shoot some sunrise photos and it became clear that I need a much better tripod. The wind blew my 20 dollar piece of cr*p Amazon tripod over but luckily no damage to my Fuji. Any suggestions regarding a better tripod? I am a hobbyist and don't want to spend a fortune. My thoughts went to a used Manfrotto via ebay but are there good new options anybody can recommend?

In any case, thanks for reading and happy shooting. Btw, I searched briefly on this forum about the case issue but couldn't find anything...

Warm regards,

Henning

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm Brandon, from the US I got into photography about a year ago when I bought my X-T2 and am now slowly trying to build up my portfolio while I attend college in Hawaii! If you have any locations you would recommend shooting on the islands let me know, cause I'd love to explore them!

hi everyone

i'm Andrei from Romania but living in the Austrian mountains now :P

i'm new to bothe the forum and the fuji system having just gotten (this afternoon) both an used cheap X-E1 and a new 7artisans 35mm 1.2

i've been a canon user for quite some years now but i feel i made a mistake with the M system, choosing it for the size (hiking a lot) and thinking it's future proof...i ended up adapting EF-S lenses all the time which negates any size advantage and hurts the ergonomics of the camera

so far i'm liking my new old x-e1 and my plan is to slowly sell the canon lenses i own and get fuji ones. next on the list is a 16-50 3.5-5.6, then either the 27 or the xc 35 to replace the 7artisans, samyang 12mm (i have this of my M5 and i love it) and then maybe the 50-230 or simply wait for the x-e4 and kit that new one with either the 18-135 or the 16-80

i think i've narrowed down my wishes for the kit i want to put together: 3...maybe 4 lenses total...1 zoom and 2 primes

Is this the place for confessions?

I was very bad.

Two years ago stopped using my X100 and bought a RX100V because I wanted to take photos of my young kids who move very fast and are not inclined to pose. 

In mitigation I kept the X100.

I lost count how many times the RX100 went back in to be repaired. With the 2 year limit on the warranty approaching I sold it and came back to the fold, buying a XH1 with a Xf18-55 and a grip for the equivalent for £600. The camera was only registered 2 1/2 weeks ago!! 

I've only had a camera a few hours but wow am I impressed😮 

Please forgive me for my transgression

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

Quick introduction. My name is Craig Rose and I am coming to Fujifilm from the Canon realm. Having sold off most of my Canon gear after a good run, I thought it was finally time to make a fresh start. I just ordered the X-T3 with the 18-55mm kit lens and am really excited to get started with a new system. Most of my photography has been what some might call extreme action. My specialty is firefighting/fire service imagery which I have done for nearly two decades. You can see my work here:

EMERGENCYPHOTO.COM

I'm hoping to transition to subject matter that is a bit less adrenaline-centric, like landscape, nature, etc. Look forward to participating in the forum.

Cheers!

Craig

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by CARose

New to the Fuji products, long time Canon user for various sports I’m involved in. I have one of the new X-T4’s on pre-order and looking forward to getting some trips out shooting soon. I’m impressed with the early reviews and quality of the X-T line that I’ve read while doing my homework before hitting the place order button. Questions to follow once I get mine in hand. 

Hi, I'm new to Fuji, having switched from a Sony A6300 to a Fuji X-H1 with a 16-80 f/4 in the last few weeks as my carry around camera. I also have a Pentax K1-ii but the lenses are big and heavy so I use that when I go somewhere specifically to take photos. Looking forward to finding Fuji shooting and processing tips here.  My normal process is Lightroom and Dxo/Nik, but I have added a pre process from RAF to TIF in Capture 1 at present which seems to be working well.

I had a similar workflow when I started with Fuji raw files. It didn't take long before I realized I could get the kind of results I needed using only Capture One Pro 20. I'd be interested to hear what your experience is after using your new workflow for awhile. Welcome to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - my name is Michael and photography has long been a passion of mine. I was a long time Canon user and made the switch to Fuji last year. I purchased an XT3 and currently have a 23mm and 56mm 1.4 lenses and shoot mostly portraits. I had a couple questions with some issues I am having with my camera which is what drew me to the forum in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I’m a past user of four manufacturers.

I’ve loved both photography and film/video since school days.

Fuji’s x-t3 brought me back to a multiple lens system and got me excited again. So much so my wife (a Minolta shooter since college) bought a x-t3 too!