Introduce Yourself

Tom McPherson lives in Hopeman, Moray, Scotland, he is retired & striving to re-connect  through photography.

Specifically, Toms' main interests are in Black & White photography, Urban decay,  landscapes & seascapes, particularly areas of Moray.

Tom is passionate about conservation and keen to inspire others to appreciate, respect and enjoy wildlife. He has been fortunate to work in many far-flung places like New Zealand, Africa, India, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland & Italy,  but he's always happiest at home – in Scotland!

Tom uses mainly Fuji mirrorless cameras X-H1, X-T2, X-Pro2 and X-100F + full-frame Nikons D750 & D850, with wide variety of glass.

Looking forward to hearing from members!

Edited by Koogart

Hello, I'm David I have been dipping in and out of the rumours section, picking up tips and info for a while now. I have a few old but working film cameras and a heap of glass, you'd be surprised at what you can pick up for little money these days. 

My digital experiences have been in the main a point and shoot camera and predominantly my camera phone. A friend lent me his X100T for a weekend, that was it I was hooked. Loved the look and feel of the camera, so much so that I have a X100F arriving today. I don't have any particular style/genre in mind. 

Looking forward to exploring the X100F and reading other folks posts.

David

Hi my name is Fred and new to this Forum, i saw lots of interesting items on here over the last year or so and decided to join, as i need your help :) 

i have an issue with my X100f auto ISO i have used Auto ISO from Day one only turn it off if i set up a shot completely manually.

the issue is all 3 ISO settings are set to base 200 ISO, I shoot aperture priority and today in all lighting conditions every shot minimum ISO is 400 chosen by the camera yet my base shutter speed was set at 125/. my photos have a range of shutter speeds 680/1 500/1 etc but every time the camera chose lowest 400 iso.

looking back on other days shooting and all are 200 ISO unless light was low and needed to increase.

any ideas?

huge thanks to all

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My name is João, from Portugal. I use my cameras mostly to take pictures when I am in vacation. Some years ago, I had a Canon SLR (film era) and a DSLR but I sold them and bought a Canon  PowerShot G15. It is a good camera. I still have it, but taking pictures with a compact camera is not so fanny. Them, some weeks ago, I bought a Fujifilm X-T30 + 18-55mm F2.8-4. That's it, I'm new in the Fuji World! 😊

Edited by js1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All!!

I'm Arijeet. After months of checking finally got myself the XT3 this September. Has Sony bridge camera earlier and tried few DSLRs (never owned)

Here's few pics i took with it . Loving it. :)

Excited to start off in this group. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ArijeetC
Added more information about myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Croatia!

I am new to the photography and mostly interested in architecture/machinery and landscape photography.

Also macro is something that I would like to do but for now I should firstly cover the basics.

Hoping that work experience as camera assist (approx.1,5 years) will become handy in the beginning.

Right now waiting for my first camera ever  ......THE FUJI X100F..... :=)

Also i bought a bunch of gear with it along with tele and wide converters, some nice Hoya clears and polar, quality tripod and so on...

Right now my work (sale representative for one German tools brand) includes A LOT of traveling alone so I wanted simple old-schoolish small camera with kit that fits under the seat of my van. Hope I made the right choice.

Anyway, can't wait camera to arrive and while I wait will use this forum to inform myself better about topic on Fuji RAW rendering solutions (right now considering Caputre 1).

7 hours ago, androniksupersonik said:

Fuji RAW rendering solutions (right now considering Caputre 1).

Welcome to the forum. I tried a number of different apps for rendering Fuji RAW files and settled on Capture one 12 pro for Fuji. If you are just starting out, you won't go wrong with CapOne 12 for Fuji which I think is free. I later upgraded to the pro version. Best of luck.

8 hours ago, Ken_Udle said:

Welcome to the forum. I tried a number of different apps for rendering Fuji RAW files and settled on Capture one 12 pro for Fuji. If you are just starting out, you won't go wrong with CapOne 12 for Fuji which I think is free. I later upgraded to the pro version. Best of luck.

Thanks for the tip!

C12 is now a serious contender, only thing allegedly missing from it that I would actually need is panorama stitching. Do anyone know if that function can be achieved with some sort of plug-in for CS12 or can you maybe recommend some utility not-so-expensive software for that? Thanks!

* I started a separate thread about this topic: 

Edited by androniksupersonik

13 hours ago, androniksupersonik said:

Thanks for the tip!

C12 is now a serious contender, only thing allegedly missing from it that I would actually need is panorama stitching. Do anyone know if that function can be achieved with some sort of plug-in for CS12 or can you maybe recommend some utility not-so-expensive software for that? Thanks!

* I started a separate thread about this topic: 

Hi guys, I use DarkTable to edit my raw files. From what I understand, it's very similar to Lightroom and it's Free and it works great on various operating systems. I've never had a need to stitch my photos but many people who do have resorted to a free utility called Hugin. I've never had any use for it but maybe it will be fine for you.

Good luck,

On 10/5/2019 at 11:31 PM, lapinbleu007 said:

Hi guys, I use DarkTable to edit my raw files. From what I understand, it's very similar to Lightroom and it's Free and it works great on various operating systems. I've never had a need to stitch my photos but many people who do have resorted to a free utility called Hugin. I've never had any use for it but maybe it will be fine for you.

Good luck,

Thank lapinbleu007I will probably for start go with basic free Fuji CS12 and some free stitcher. Then when/if I will need more from software I will consider buying full CS12 + PTG Pro

8 hours ago, androniksupersonik said:

Thank lapinbleu007I will probably for start go with basic free Fuji CS12 and some free stitcher. Then when/if I will need more from software I will consider buying full CS12 + PTG Pro

Good luck to you. As I use Linux, the kind of software I can use differs. The only thing I use is Darktable for simple modifications. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i am a young photographer from germany and after 2 years with an old olympus pen epl5 i'm now going to become part of this comunity with an fuji x-t20 and an 16.50 and 50-230mm. I am looking forward to the amazing controls and image quality. I hope you can help me a little bit with some advice for new lenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fuji-x community, 

living in Ovronnaz, canton Wallis, Switzerland, as if my english might be sometime approximative, please apologize.

briefly récently i recentered my activities around phototography and ski teaching, after have spent many years in the opera world.

was around 16 y.o. when i begun to be seriously interested with all was turning around photo.

Was Nikon-addict from the biginning, and stay... but a few years ago at the issue of the first X-100, i was seduced by the concept... and succesively followed a -S one, a -T one and finally a -F one and an X-Pro-2 which is definitely my prefered one... (awaiting on the X-Pro-3...)

I like to shoot even with old style manual optics, than with the most récent AF one.

And very happy to joint the community.

Edited by MY-Photo-CH

Hi Everyone,

Great to be here.

My name's Inzajeano. I hold a BA and MA in photography. I've exhibited across the globe and my work has been published in various newspapers, books and magazines.

I'm mainly an analogue medium format user but have now got myself a 50R and very excited to learn from all of you.

You can see some of my work here: www.Inzajeano.com

ONE LOVE!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've been into photography since the early '50s when my parents bought me a Kodak Retina camera. Since then I've used pretty much everything from Minox to 4x5, then went digital in the late '90s with an Olympus VGA sensor (forgot the series). Got serious with the Nikon D1, then filled up a closet with full frame, APS C, then m43 cameras until I found my Fuji E-3. Nowadays i shoot for myself, whatever interests me at the moment but I've done some pro and semi-pro catalog, portrait and landscape work.

With the FujiFilm gestalt I've found the sweet spot between the technical and user aspects of photography. The files I get from my E-3 + 18-135 seem to have a "presence" that goes beyond the numbers. I think I've found a home at last.

G'Day from down under.

My name is Tom. I live in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.

I'm 68, retired. Photography is my hobby. Started out with Canon gear, DSLRs and lots of very expensive lenses. I purchased a Fuji X100 when they were fist released and immediately fell in love with it. When the X-Pro 1 was released I was in two minds as to whether  to purchase it, mainly because at that stage only three lenses were available. I read all the reviews I could find and this made up my mind. I purchased the X-Pro 1, along with all available lenses (3 at the time) and have not regretted doing so. My lens collection, so far..18mm 35mm 60mm 18-55mm and 100-400mm. As far as my Canon gear goes, it sits in the cupboard and very rarely used. I sometimes think I should take advantage of the Canon 5D11 High mp, full frame sensor, but I can't fault the brilliant performance of the Fuji cameras, especially the X-Pro1 and just maybe my next camera will be the X-Pro3 , and sell of all my Canon gear.

Edited by TeePee

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I'm Natalie, and kinda new to Fuji mirrorless cameras, although thats not strictly true as the first camera I had was a fujifilm MX1500. I recently picked up a Fuji X-T30 in the black friday sale and have been learning how to use it. I'm a seasoned Canon veteran, and still have an EOS M50 too, plus plenty canon glass.

Anyway, i'm from the UK, and just thought i'd say hi

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Been thru a couple of Fujis, since the X100 LE. But Im new to the X-T3 and I have been shooting with Sony a9. 

I came back to Fuji because of what I believe is the most important fact of photography, namely the glass. 

Have been shooting weddings, portraits and motorsport. 

Im not best friend with the X-T3 yet, some quirks and things that I need to figure out. 

I have one question! Is it possible to program a button to have another shutter speed then the one I have dialed in on the shutter wheel or command dial?

Photo is from 2018 and taken with the X100f.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot 35 mm film since 1978, and pretty much documented most of my life and the lives of my family. I only shot digital since 2004, and then only point-and-shoot, then later on, with phones. I recently retired, and looking for a way to spend some time, I decided to do some creative photography. I wasted a lot of time and effort to find a digital body to use with a substantial collection of existing Nikon film gear. I just felt like I was going to spend $3k on a body, and still have a 20th century system, so I looked into 21st century mirrorless rigs. I did a hefty amount of research before committing, but Olympus and Fujifilm both made the short list. The deciding factor was the collection of internet user comments. I noticed next to no one reported broken Fujifilm equipment, while Olympus comments not only reported many failures, but also difficulty getting repair services. So, I bought Fujifilm, and I'm beyond happy with it.

At the moment, I have an X-E3 w/XF 18-55 kit lens, an XC 50-230 OIS II, and an XC 16-50 OIS II. Not finding any deals on the XF 55-200, I went with the XC because I only shoot the occasional outdoor shot with a lens that long. After experiencing the XC 50-230, I added a used XC 16-50 to use in harsher environments than I feel comfortable subjecting the XF 18-55 to (bad weather, beach sand, etc.). I use the supplied EF-X8 flash for light TTL, but mainly as a commander for an array of flash gear from my film rig. It works flawlessly. The whole system does.

I don't think the X-E3 gets as much love as some other models, but it is absolutely the one for me, and its price point had nothing to do with it. I'm coming out of film, and the last thing I need is an overwhelming collection of buttons and menu options. I sought, bought, and expected 'minimalist', as Fujifilm calls it, and not only is the feature set spot-on, the ergonomics of them are optimal for me. I've owned this rig a little over three months now, and I am ALWAYS anxious to get my hands back on it.

Edited by itchy shutter finger