Introduce Yourself

Where do I start? I was born in a small.....too much?😉 

I am a former Canon shooter, going all the way back to 1978 when I was in Jr. High School. Though my first real 35mm was a Pentax K-1000, some years earlier. I picked an AE-Program in 1979, and for the following 38 years, Canon owned my soul. Spent most of my photographic career shooting news for a variety of papers and wire services. By 2008, I was burned out, mercifully the paper that I was shooting for began cutting staff, I was let go, frankly by that point I wanted out so I was not that unhappy. Needless to say, while I was still shooting commercial and travel, money would be tight, I began selling off a lot of gear that was no longer needed. It was this point I began hearing about mirrorless cameras, smaller, lighter, while intrigued at the time they were simply not established, the quality and support in as far as serious glass and other accessories left a lot to be desired. It would not be until 2016 when a buddy lent me one of his X-T1s, I was smitten. A few days later, I picked up an X-E2s with the kit 18-55 and I became a Fuji owner. A few months later the X-T2 joined the party followed by the X-Pro2. Much of my Canon gear helped finance the switchover. Yea, almost 40 years with one system, it was bittersweet to let them go, Canon was good to me from the F1/Film days to the 1DX but sometimes one has to move on. Canon was heavy, bulky and drew too much attention, especially now when everyone seems so paranoid when a photographer shows up with 2 rigs and huge white lenses attached. Fuji won me over with its relatively diminutive size (especially the X-E series) but it was the old school shutter dial and aperture ring that sealed the deal, that took me back 30 years. As for future Fuji purchases, well I love the rangefinder style of both the X-E and X-Pro, so, the upcoming X-Pro 3 may just find a home in my bag later this year. Possibly selling the X-E2s for an X-E3, ditto for the X-T2/X-T3. For the time being the three rigs that I currently own are paying the bills just fine.

Edited by thomasphoto60

Hi,My name is Semmy..I work as a photographer for wedding,birthday,documentation etc...

i have use canon cameras from 1993-2018..i'm switch to fuji xt1 since the first month of 2019,i love the color tone of Fuji X

now i'm interesting on vintage lens/adapted on Fuji X body

i'm happy that i found this group ,to learn more about fuji and photography today

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Bob.  I live in Greenock, Scotland and have just acquired an XT-2 which is giving me a pain as I can't make the rear command dial zoom in to allow a focus check.  It should do this by pressing and rotating but my camera seems to have lost this capability.  I'll look around the forum and hopefully someone can help.

Nice to be here.

Bob

Hi 

My screen name is Dave F. I am from California. I come from film background, 35mm, 6x7, 4x5 mostly B&W, product photography. I developed and printed all my own film and prints.

Have some national adds and posters for the industry I was in Harley Davidson.

I just bought a X- T30 - 18-55 Lens, I have had small Fuji cameras in the past, so felt confident with the Brand. I also have Nikon D90, Sony RX100 m2.

After many, many years of having to set all the controls, I am enjoying just worrying about composure and let he camera do what these new cameras do very well.

Any adjustments later that what Photoshop is for, at least that's where I am.

I am new to forum format so if I am doing something wrong please correct me.

I have a couple of question about my X T30 was looking for some help.

I began learning photography at the age of 12 on a Pentax Spotmatic. Then owned a Pentax Program Plus, Mamiya 645, Canon 10s, Nikon F3, Nikon n70, Nikon d50, and finally a Nikon D2x. After much research I purchased a used Fujifilm X-A1. Only using it for about a week I went to a camera store, tried and purchased a Used FUJIFILM x-T1 and sold all of my Nikon gear. I am hooked on the Fujifilm system as it brings back everything I love about manual dials on a camera. The image quality is amazing and the body is very well made.  I look forward to adding several lenses to my current 16-50, and 18-135. 

Brian 

Edited by BrianM
Misspelled word

Hi my name is Andy, just switched from Nikon full frame (D750) to Fuji X-t3. Consider myself a keen amateur, into landscapes and macro, but would like to get more into wild life when I have the longer lenses.

Cant say i'm a particularly good photographer, but always learning.

Editing programs give me the most head aches, ie LR, and now Capture One, never been n L:R user, just tried it out.

Do a fair bit of image stacking using Affinity photo or Helicon.

Looking forward to getting to know my X-t3 better.

Hello, my name is Ken and I'm new to Fuji.In the past I've had Nikon, Canon, Hasselblad and now I have a XT30. I really like the compact size and everything I've heard about Fuji. 

I have an issue though,  in that I can't import pictures to my MAC. I'm probably doing something stupid, and hopefully a quick fix. Looking forward to the Fuji system.

Hello all, My name is Mark,  Originally from Michigan, but now live on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina.   My photo love started when I was a teen in the 70's using a Ricoh SLR before moving to an Olympus OM-10 kit that I still have today and have adapted the lenses to use with my current system.

I just picked up an old X100 2nd+ hand and am really enjoying it.  At the moment my main system is Olympus that I have been using for the past 5+ years after leaving Canon Crop and Full Frame cameras where I was tired of lugging that big heavy gear around and going Mirrorless was a blessing and my back loved me for it. 

I have only owned the X100 for 3 days now, but yesterday I took it on my first outing and have to say I'm very impressed so far.  I would really like to purchase an X100F, but wanted to try out the series before spending a lot more money... I'm mainly a prime shooter and the fixed lens of the X100 fits right into my style..  Being used to Olympus bodies with IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) I didn't know if it was something that I would miss off the bat, but so far I'm not having any issues with out it even if I'm only using a 23mm lens.  I'm sure at longer focal lengths there could be a learning curve attached.

I had no plans of jumping the Olympus and M 4/3 ship, but if the X100 is any indication of what Fujifilm cameras can do it may be something I may consider...

Peace

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy everyone,

Just joined up and somewhat new to the X system. I've been shooting Canon for about 10 years, and became intrigued probably from a YouTube video. Liked the idea of a much smaller camera with great image quality, and loved the idea of the external controls. Bought an X100F online for a weekend in Arizona, but just did not bond with it. Low light was such a drop-off from my 6D that I couldn't adjust, and I didn't get along with the viewfinder at all. Maybe it was too much change, from DSLR to mirrorless, to rangefinder, to hybrid VF, to decreased low-light performance, to no lens options. 

I decided to give the platform another shot getting a cheap X-T1 used and a couple of primes. Started really having fun! Took it everywhere and decided I was in for the long haul. Used it for about 4 months and just got a used X-T2, which I am loving much more. I like the subtle ergo changes more, I love the file size more, and the video capabilities are opening up a new dimension for me in terms of cinematic video. 

I'll be traveling to Europe this summer, to Stockholm, Gotland, the Jungfrau region, as well as Brussels and Flanders. Trying to decide on which lenses to take, and having a hard time with the 16mm 1.4 vs 10-24 debate. I really want the 16, but the 10-24 seems more fit for the use case. But after the trip, I'm not sure I'd use it much at all. Anyway, glad to be here!

Chris

Edited by surfoxy

Hello everyone,

My name is Timothy and I am Belgo-American. I am living right now in Brussels but planning to move to Portugal next year.
I've been a Leica user (film and digital) for years and I am thinking more and more of taking the plunge and getting a Fuji X, still not sure about which one I should get though...

So I am looking for advices and maybe similar experiences from you guys :)

Been slow-traveling, backpacking around the world for years. I am now looking for a brand new Fuji X camera to accompany me during my future travels, for many years I hope! :D 

Edited by Darshada

22 hours ago, surfoxy said:

Howdy everyone,

Just joined up and somewhat new to the X system. I've been shooting Canon for about 10 years, and became intrigued probably from a YouTube video. Liked the idea of a much smaller camera with great image quality, and loved the idea of the external controls. Bought an X100F online for a weekend in Arizona, but just did not bond with it. Low light was such a drop-off from my 6D that I couldn't adjust, and I didn't get along with the viewfinder at all. Maybe it was too much change, from DSLR to mirrorless, to rangefinder, to hybrid VF, to decreased low-light performance, to no lens options. 

I decided to give the platform another shot getting a cheap X-T1 used and a couple of primes. Started really having fun! Took it everywhere and decided I was in for the long haul. Used it for about 4 months and just got a used X-T2, which I am loving much more. I like the subtle ergo changes more, I love the file size more, and the video capabilities are opening up a new dimension for me in terms of cinematic video. 

I'll be traveling to Europe this summer, to Stockholm, Gotland, the Jungfrau region, as well as Brussels and Flanders. Trying to decide on which lenses to take, and having a hard time with the 16mm 1.4 vs 10-24 debate. I really want the 16, but the 10-24 seems more fit for the use case. But after the trip, I'm not sure I'd use it much at all. Anyway, glad to be here!

Chris

22 hours ago, surfoxy said:

Howdy everyone,

Chris

Welcome to the forum. Based on my own experience, compromising and buying a lens based on budget for size will lead to almost instant regret. I wanted the 16mm but couldn't wait so compromised and bought the 18mm. I've regretted that ever since. Camera bags are easy to change, replacing a lens is a little more complicated.

3 hours ago, Darshada said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Timothy and I am Belgo-American. I am living right now in Brussels but planning to move to Portugal next year.
I've been a Leica user (film and digital) for years and I am thinking more and more of taking the plunge and getting a Fuji X, still not sure about which one I should get though...

So I am looking for advices and maybe similar experiences from you guys :)

Been slow-traveling, backpacking around the world for years. I am now looking for a brand new Fuji X camera to accompany me during my future travels, for many years I hope! :D 

We need more information about how you'll use your camera. If you are travelling I guess size and weight is important. Do you want multiple lenses or just the one. If you have Leica lenses, you probably want a camera that accepts them. Are you a rangefinder guy or SLR? Probably the x-pro 2 will come close to your Leica experience but it depends on what you want. 

18 minutes ago, Ken_Udle said:

Welcome to the forum. Based on my own experience, compromising and buying a lens based on budget for size will lead to almost instant regret. I wanted the 16mm but couldn't wait so compromised and bought the 18mm. I've regretted that ever since. Camera bags are easy to change, replacing a lens is a little more complicated.

Thanks Ken! I agree, it's the old buy cheap, buy twice thing. For this "dilemma", they're about the same price. Of course the answer is probably, "Buy both!" :D

1 hour ago, Ken_Udle said:

We need more information about how you'll use your camera. If you are travelling I guess size and weight is important. Do you want multiple lenses or just the one. If you have Leica lenses, you probably want a camera that accepts them. Are you a rangefinder guy or SLR? Probably the x-pro 2 will come close to your Leica experience but it depends on what you want. 

Well I actually created another post to discuss the matter ;)

You can check it out in the general forum.

Edited by Darshada

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I live in Hong Kong. I just joined Fuji-X-Forum a few moments ago but have been a frequent visitor to Fuji Rumors. 

My first Fuji camera, the X100S, was an impulse buy during a trip to Tokyo in 2013. I had read so much about the X100 line of cameras so wanted to try it out. I was blown away by the quality and character of the images and loved the vintage looks and manual handling of the camera. I quickly fell in love with the X100S and have not looked back. I was using a Nikon D800 and D3S at the time which sadly now, both live in a dry box. I've since bought the X-E2, X-Pro2 and X-E3. I will always have a soft spot for the X100S, but my favorite is the X-Pro2 and it comes with me everywhere. Following the birth of my daughter a couple months ago, I picked up the 35 f2 and absolutely love it. It now lives on the X-Pro2 and it's a killer combo. I have a total of 9 Fujinon lenses so will do my best to answer any questions I see related to them. 

I have always enjoyed travel, landscape and street photography and am hoping to take more portraits in the future. Happy shooting! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, My name is Mark and I live in Sweden. I´ve just acquired my first Fujifilm camera, the X-T3 and I´m steadily getting to grips with it and hopefully the forum can help me speed that process up a bit. 

Looking forward to getting to know my camera and you other guys n girls on the forum :)

Hobby photograph that previously shot with Canon 5D.

Hi Everyone. 

My name is Jan Rifkinson. I'm a senior citizen plus a bit. I live in Ridegefield CT.

Given the number of years of I've been into amateur photography, I'm a relatively new Fujifilm camera owner. I've had 3 or 4 of them, currently enjoying a new XH-1 while keeping my XT-1 in reserve.  I have several basic lenses and am saving for a few more. I shoot RAW exclusively & use Alien Skin's X4 as a stand alone program for post production even though I have both Photoshop & Lightroom on my machine. 

If you are at all interested in just a few of my photos over the recent past, they can be found here: https://janrifkinson.smugmug.com/

I have a question for the forum.

I've downloaded several manuals and have encountered the phrase "SENSOR SATURATION (ETTR)" which I don't understand. How does the photographer determine if the sensor is fully saturated?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am Chuck Walker and I live in Northern California. My interest in Photography began in the late 50's with a Kodak Brownie my mother won at a company picnic. She had no interest in Photography, so the Brownie fell to me. In the late 60's, I acquired my first 35mm a Yaschica Electro 35 Range finder and later a TTL Minolta SRT 101 with 50mm f1.8 lens If I recall correctly.

After a long hiatus in the 70's and early 80's, I returned to Photography with assorted Nikon/Nikormat 35's and a short dalliance with 120/220 Roliflex f2.8, Yachica Mat G and Rapid Omega 100. In the late 90's I moved to Digital Photography with Sony pocket SMC P200 and later Canon DSLR's. In 2016 I sold The Canon gear and entered Fuji with the X Pro 1.

Currently I have X Pro 1, X E1, 35 f1.4 ,18 f2 Fuji plus Olympus 24 f2.8 and Pentax SMC Takumara 58 f1.8 both Fuji adapted. my camera phone is the iPhone X and most recently I acquired a Leica X2. My favorite bag is the Billingham Hadley small and I use Lightroom CC on my MacBook Pro and iPad mini.

All picture opportunities are fair game for me with lessening interest in Portraiture and Macro photography. I look forward to interacting with the Fuji X Forum

Hello all, my name is Chris and I live in just outside of Paris, France. I've been into photography for about 10 years or so on and off. In the last few years, I've come to the point where I want to increase the quality in my photography. I own the Nikon D500, D5300 and now I own the Fujifilm X-H1 along with the 18-135 lens. For my macro photography, I use the Viltrox Nf-fx1 adapter along with the Sigma 105 mm f/2.8 DG EX macro lens.  

Like many of you here, I am self taught. I don't use Photoshop but I do use Darktable for small touchups like cropping, changing the contrast, changing my photos to black and white to make them more dramatic. 

Here is a collection of some of my photos. https://500px.com/danslevent  Only the newer photos are from the X-H1. 

I look forward to chatting with you all,

Chris

Hello,

Chris here from North Carolina, USA.  Started shooting as a kid back in the 80s with a Canon T70 and had several Canon SLRs and DSLRs until last month when I switched to Fuji and the X-T3.  Getting used to the design and control philosophy of Fuji, but so far loving it.  The camera and lenses are really high quality and produce great images.  Looking forward to many great years with this new system, and learning from this forum.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, lapinbleu007 said:

Hello all, my name is Chris and I live in just outside of Paris, France. I've been into photography for about 10 years or so on and off. In the last few years, I've come to the point where I want to increase the quality in my photography. I own the Nikon D500, D5300 and now I own the Fujifilm X-H1 along with the 18-135 lens. For my macro photography, I use the Viltrox Nf-fx1 adapter along with the Sigma 105 mm f/2.8 DG EX macro lens.  

Like many of you here, I am self taught. I don't use Photoshop but I do use Darktable for small touchups like cropping, changing the contrast, changing my photos to black and white to make them more dramatic. 

Here is a collection of some of my photos. https://500px.com/danslevent  Only the newer photos are from the X-H1. 

I look forward to chatting with you all,

Chris

Welcome Chris. I liked your photos. I recently gave a Neewer ringflash to a friend who like you enjoys macro photography, it made a significant difference in her work. If you get the chance to try one I expect you would enjoy it too.

Ken Udle 

Ottawa, Canada, x-pro 2

6 hours ago, Ken_Udle said:

Welcome Chris. I liked your photos. I recently gave a Neewer ringflash to a friend who like you enjoys macro photography, it made a significant difference in her work. If you get the chance to try one I expect you would enjoy it too.

Ken Udle 

Ottawa, Canada, x-pro 2

Hi Ken, thanks. I've been thinking about those cool flashes. From the videos I've seen on Youtube, I like the way they spread out the light evenly. Do you use them in your own photography? Truthfully, I've never used a flash. I never felt I needed one until now. 

Chris