Introduce Yourself

Makes sense. Did you know you can get adapters that will let you use other lens mounts on a Fuji x-mount camera? I have one for FD and EF. The older ones are better though as they usually give you control over the aperture. Focus peaking makes manual focusing a breeze. Also they're not that expensive.

Welcome to the forum. If you are coming from the film world you're in for a surprise. The good news is that once you're adjusted to the digital aspects, you may find yourself looking to simplify things again, that's what happened to me after a 30 year gap. I think choosing the X-pro 1 and two primes is a great starting point. If you have some of your old lenses, you'll be happy to learn there are a number of adapters out there that will let you use those older lenses again.

31 minutes ago, Ken_Udle said:

Welcome to the forum. If you are coming from the film world you're in for a surprise. The good news is that once you're adjusted to the digital aspects, you may find yourself looking to simplify things again, that's what happened to me after a 30 year gap. I think choosing the X-pro 1 and two primes is a great starting point. If you have some of your old lenses, you'll be happy to learn there are a number of adapters out there that will let you use those older lenses again.

Thanks. I do like to keep it simple, other than possibly adding a short telephoto lens, I probably have all the digital gear I'll want/need. I will pick up a used Nikon F3 and 2-3 fast primes at some point - hard to resist at today's prices and I know that camera very well. I have many, many 35mm negatives/slides, plus quite a few 4x5 negatives to play with, so I'll pickup a scanner at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

Names Andy, from the UK. Just purchased an XT2 and 23 f2 and 100-400mm. Use to be a member on the original Fuji website when I had the x100T. Looking to get involved in the Fuji competitions if they still run. Also to see how the x family have evolved and to share with the community.

Hey all,  new to Fujifilm camera gear and extremely excited to continuously explore new genres of photography. I've been curious about a professional grade mirrorless system to add to my collection. So I need to mention my cousin who recently inspired me to explore the Fuji "X" series of camera bodies. We are both professionals, he's done product/studio and glamour for work, and for personal fun (since the 80's) he's been doing candid/street photography. He loves the Fuji X mirrorless rangefinder and chose it OVER Leica after renting several Leica systems.

As for myself, I have been tightly focused on my fine art nature landscape work for 2 decades, selling luxury sized frameless HD pieces as Limited Edition/Open edition. I work with several calendar publishers and keep busy with stock request. For this genre, I use Nikon's D800 series and F/2.8 lenses for all my nature and landscapes, not looking at all to navigate away from or replace this equipment as they are the right tools for the job. Of note, however, if I'm not headed into the wilderness for the edge of the day shooting, going "anywhere else" with 40# of gear in my LowePro pack + ball head and tripod is cumbersome so I miss out on quite a bit of opportunity unrelated to nature landscapes. 

Anyhow,  after researching I just purchased a new Fuji X-T2 body and 18-55mm lens and can hardly contain my enthusiasm. I'm thrilled with the concept of a small shoulder bag, Op-Tech strap and a few batteries and cards to go out and make images that tell stories. One might think why not stick with a Nikon Z6 or Z7 mirrorless. I'll just say keywords are "after researching" and leave it at that :)    I'm already anticipating my next Fuji lens investment, and I see myself growing my Fuji kit to get more involved again with wildlife and birds of prey photography. I've always loved the crop sensor for just that.

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I'm Paddy, from Dublin, Ireland, and I have an X Pro 2 with a 23mm F2 WR lens. My first Fuji was a Gw690ii, and I always loved the colour of Fuji film, so it seemed a logical step to upgrade to the system from my Nikon. Having a bit of power switch trouble at the moment, but hopefully that'll get ironed out soon! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Rick from sunny Salem, Oregon. I've been shooting digital for almost 25 years now, with my first being an Apple QuickTake 150, back in the Stone Age! Among the several since was a Finepix S700 - a bit of a favorite for its color, primarily. My regular cameras are a couple of Leicas and pair of Pentax DSLRs, but I was always thinking about picking up another Fuji. The opportunity arose recently to buy an X-E2s, so I went for it! It's been fun to play with and, when the weather gets a bit better, I'm looking to give it a good shakedown! 

Edited by rickmayberry
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!
I´m an amateur photographer, basically for travel and street photo.
For now I use a Canon 550D, but I´ll most probably change to Fuji X systems, basically for it´s size and lens quality.
My budget is quite limited compared to what other people is posting.

I´m thinking about getting either an X-E3 or X-T30 with perhaps a couple of lenses (23mm and something like 50 maybe).
I just posted the question in the X-E3 subforum, so feel free to pass by and give me your thoughts.

Cheers!

Name is Nick. Been shooting since a kid in the mid 1970s. First camera was a GAF 35mm rangefinder with a fixed lens I saved up to buy at Kmart. By the time I was 18 I was shooting on staff with a local paper. I've worked in a couple of studios, commercial and wedding work, catalogs, brochures, product packaging, etc. Used to use Olympus OM2s in the field, as they were high quality, good glass and the smallest SLRs around. My Domke bag weighed half what the other photogs were slinging.

Like the OMs, It was the size of Fuji mirrorless that eventually and recently lured me,  after using Nikon, Canon DSLR and Olympus. Late to the party, I have a couple of X-pro1s, and x-pro2, X lenses include the 16mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4, 18-55mm zoom and a 56mm 1.2, along with a trio of OM Zuikos with an adapter.

Looking forward to learning from this website

Edited by SCN

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run a camera store in the '80s.  Free processing. (fujifilm, of course)

In the early '90s, about the time my eyes started to go, I read a white paper from Kodak that all things were going digital. Since I was obviously going to need to switch fro my beloved Canon A1 to autofocus gear, I decided to wait for digital.

I think it's finally time.

Greetings from a  new member in SW Alberta, Canada.   I'm a retired photojournalist that still does some freelance for a few commercial clients, magazines and the wire service.  Currently using the X-T3, X-T2 and X100F.   

Hello all I'm back in fuji ownership after selling my Sony A7iii....

Seems that I'm doing the opposite to everyone else but the Sony lenses are just huge and make the fuji lenses seem small, light and cheap !!

Hope I don't regret it but I loved the last Fuji I had - an XT-10...

I've gone for the 18-55 kit lens and will hopefully add a used 10-24 at some point...

Edited by Justa1972

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for adding me to the group. I'm Colin and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm a long time X100's series user. I've had all the versions from the original through to the X100F, and did the upgrade to X100F last week. I'm blown away by the overall feeling of 'rightness' of the X100F. It just feels right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Rick from Leeds, Yorkshire, in the UK. I am in my 60's and have been photographing for about 50+ years. I got serious in 2012 and bought a Canon. When the X100s was released I bought one for street photography, which is what I was developing a real interest in, and fell in love with brand. It felt like a real camera rather than a menu driven digital device. Since then I have purchased two X-T1s and an X-T3 with five lenses, the most used of which are the 16-55 and 50-150.

I am still learning my craft and doing (free) work with a view to doing it part time paid when I retire. However, I'm sure it will always be more for fun than the money. I reckon I will always be spending more than I earn on the hobby.

One of my photos was chosen by Rankin, out of 11,000 submissions, to go on the front cover of a BBC Children in Need photo book, 'This is Britain' in 2017.

I love shooting people, sometimes buildings, and have developed my own website. https://mhbphoto.uk

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm Ron, a former New Yorker, living in Paris since 2000. Just migrated from a Sony A6000 ( after years w/ Nikon) to a Fuji X-T3 with  18-55 and 55-200 lenses. After several weeks I am more than happy with my choice. Look forward to doing street photography in Paris and land(sea)scape in Normandie.