Introduce Yourself

Hi

My name is bergat and I live at Rome Italy. I am a fan of Fuji products, and I owe a X100 and X-T1 with 18-55 and 10-24 zoom.

I am 67 year old but I have yhe hobby of photography since 1968 with nikon products, without habe ever been o professionist. Actually Nikon is loosing its appeal and I arrived to fuji.

I will continue to buy other lens. I will wait for new products fuji with the new 32 Mpixel sensor. I think they shall see the light at the end of2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am Javed Miandad. I am currently living in Alaska but originally from Bangladesh. I bought a FUJI XM1 two years back and still using it. I was a canon user and now planning to switch all my gear to fuji. Trying to save some money to buy fuji xt2. I have rokinon 12mm, 27mm, and old Nikkor 50mm with my fuji. I just love the awesome colors that fuji produces. Some of my photographs can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/javed09/flickr and in jmiandad.com.

Hi, my name is Gary. 

I live in Stevenage, England (just outside of London)

Recently i brought a Fuji X-T1 to try out. I've read and seen lots of positive things about the Fuji mirrorless range so i thought i'd give it a go. Just need to buy some lenses now.

I also have a Nikon D7100 and lenses, so have brought a cheap converter just so i can start shooting with my X-T1.

I'm really happy to shoot anything, but mainly architecture, wildlife and trying to get into portraiture/people a little more.

My work can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/22396044@N08/ 

Thanks for having me.

Hi,

My name is John Warren and I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. I have been shooting with Nikon for forty years and will be dumping all my Nikon gear real soon and picking up the X-T2 and a few lenses. I figured that this would be a great place to learn more about the Fuji system before I buy into it. I shoot mostly sports and right now I shoot a lot of hockey and after seeing some hockey photos posted, I have to say that I am quite impressed how the X-T2 handles the higher ISO settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to Fuji, having bought my X-T2 and some lenses in October last year. Previously I was a long-time Nikon user but the image quality and smaller and lighter body and lenses were a big attraction and I have not regretted the purchases.

I live in the beautiful Isle of Man, which is the island in the middle of the Irish Sea and probably best known for tail-less Manx cats and the TT road races for motorcycles. It is a wind-blown place for much of the year, but with a mountain, glens, beaches, villages and lots of open countryside it is a peaceful and photogenic place to live.

Looking forward to getting involved here  :) 

Hello!

My name is Jacob. I live (born and raised) in Austin Texas and I've been photographing weddings for nearly a decade now. 

I used Canon up until this past October when I got my Fuji Xpro 2. I am impressed to say the least and am looking forward to all of the learning I will surely do.

It's great to find such an extensive amount of information in one place and I am happy to be here.

Hey all, my name is Tynan. I am a high school sophomore from the state of Massachusetts. 

I have been taking pictures since I was 4 or so, thanks to a really cool grandparent. Ever since then I have been in love with clean, in camera photography, and the tactile feel of it all. 

About a year ago I started to devote myself to stills more so than video, which I was very into, and bought myself an XT-10 body. With a couple of vintage lenses (party due to their beautiful quirks and qualities, and partly because I can't be asked to buy even a kit lens for the XT-10) I have been honing my craft in a variety of photography subjects. 

Just sold my Nikon D3300 tonight, thinking of replacing it soon though, just because the video quality of the XT-10 isn't quite enough to do it all for me. 

Either way, glad to be here, you can see a sample of my work on Instagram (@tynanconnors) if you would like, as my website is still in the process of being built. 

Thank you all! 

https://www.instagram.com/tynanconnors/

Hi

Taken with Fuji 100-400 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm Steve and I've had photography as a hobby for over 40 years now (which means, yes, I'm pretty darn old...)  Have shot everything from 35mm film, to medium format film to digital.  I still do some film photography, as I enjoy it, but I just ordered a Fujifilm X-Pro2 with the 23mm f2 lens from B&H Photo.  Should arrive on Monday.  

In addition to photography I have a motorcycle and ride when I can.  Been married for 46 years to a wonderful woman, who unfortunately cannot ride on the back of the motorcycle any longer because she has arthritis and suffers too much the days after a ride.  So I don't put a lot of miles on that any longer (no more long trips) but it's still fun to ride with friends just around Minnesota or Wisconsin when I can.  I own a 2010 BMW R1200GS that I expect to own until I can no longer ride.  When I was in the service my wife and I lived in Germany for 6 years, and we did a lot of traveling thru Europe on the BMW motorcycle I owned back then (late 70s).

I retired from a job in IT at the end of last year, and now we hope to travel quite a bit.  I think the X-Pro2 should be a great camera for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

This edarto from the Netherlands. Since 2017 I am shooting with a Xt-2. Before that I was shooting with Nikon D700. Very happy with the Fuji system. My gear at this moment are some primes like 16/1.4, 23/2, 35/2 and some zooms like 10-24, 16-55, and 18-135mm. Like travel and portraits.

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I am from Vancouver canada and recently switched from Nikon full frame. The main reason was weight. I got an x-t2 and a x-we as a backup and have 2 focal lengths at the ready. I went with a 16-55 2.8 and 50-140 2.8. I also have the 2x for the extra length.

very happy with image quality. however there was a fairly lengthy learning curve or maybe un-learning . I think I made a good choice switching to fuji.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi My name is Omar and I am from Tampa Florida. I have been involved in photography for as long as I have been alive. I did go serious  with it back in the early 90's when I got my first film camera. It was a pentax spotmatic. Fast forward to 2012 I got myself a Canon T3i, and a 5DMKII. I got tired of Canon and got on board with fuji in December of this past year. But now it seems like I have more questions than knowledge. I constantly read my owners manual and go on to you tube to watch videos. It seems like my XT-2 is complicated little beast. I am very happy with it with what I have shot with it so far. Thank you for accepting me into your group.

• 1 month later...

Hi Im a new Fuji user as of a couple of months ago, when i purchased an Xe3 with the 23mm f2. I am from Canberra Australia and generally shoot with an RZ67 medium format camera, but got this little guy to take with me to Japan next month and as a travel/have with me at all times camera after this. I was on the cusp of selling this camera due to the wormy/watercolour effect in the files in LR but have since found a workaround. My main interests are landscape, travel and architecture and would dabble in wildlife and sport if i had the lenses for it. 

My main reason for joining this forum is on the post processing, camera settings and film simulation recipe side of things and would love to hear how you guys all setup and edit your photos. So far my favourite general purpose film sim is surprisingly Astia with the saturation bumped up to 2. It just has the nicest blues i have ever seen.

• 1 month later...

I’m Steen from Copenhagen, Denmark. I use a Canon 5D2 mainly, but my X100, the only Fuji X-series I own, is very special. So discrete and quiet I can get photos of people who would flee if you pointed a big DSLR at them. Also the only camera ever apparently so cute that beautiful girls, perfect strangers, have approached me and commented on it and then allowed me to photograph them.

I also shoot a variety of vintage rangefinders and SLRs. I’ve tested both the X-Pro 1 and 2, and the 2 is hopefully my next X purchase.

I post regularly on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dorkstar/ (Yes, Flickr. Still the best, even if it can seem a bit dated)

FB: https://www.facebook.com/steen.kelsaa (Very few photos, but feel free to hit me up)

Skate and Destroy

KelsaaCPH

Edited by KelsaaCPH
Typo correction and added to my story

Hello from Orleans Ontario Canada.

I retired from a desk job 5 years ago. I'm a cancer survivor and am partially blind (I can see detail in my right eye but it too is failing). I have been using an X-Pro 1 on and off for 2 years and now have decided to make the full-time switch and sell  my Canon gear (5D Mk iii). I'm making the change because I discovered I really like the rangefinder camera especially the hybrid used by Fuji. In terms of a background, while I have taken a couple courses and workshops, I'm self-taught. With the help of a mentor I began a journey to learn about art and photography in art. I'm looking forward to hearing new voices from this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Just joined and been using fuji xt2  for a year or so, came from olympus/panasonic.It is a passion which Fuji keeps allight. I absolutely love these cameras but maybe the lenses more. Currently own xf16 1.4, xf 56 1.2, xf 50-140, Xf 100-400 plus the 18-55 zoom. I decided to invest in the lenses because as the bodies improve the lenses will always keep up (nearly).

Looking forward to reading/contributing on here. Thanks for the opportunity. 

Included one of my first pics with 16 1.4