Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone !!

I born and live in Barcelona, Catalonia (Spain). A couple of months ago I moved to Fuji, comes from Nikon (D810). I buyed X-T1, X-E2 with 18-55, 10-24, 23 and 56.

I'm getting a lot of criticism for change to Fuji, but as the days go by I'm more happy with my decision.  :rolleyes:

Andreas thanks by the effort and dedication at the start of this forum has a wonderful projection.

Sorry by my poor English, I try to make myself understood, bear with me.  :(

Thank you very much and greetings to all.

Hi everybody,

my name is Norbert and i live in Winnweiler, Germany. I'm a member of the german Fuji-X-Forum as well since about a year and now i created an accout in this forum. :)

My gear so far is X-E2 with XF 23 mm, XF 27 mm and the kit-zoom XF 18-55 mm but also i'm highly interested in the X-100T and the X-T10.

Greatings from Germany

Norbert

only 69 (good number) i love photography from my 15. voigtlander, bronica ETR then nikon F2, from 1976 then D............D800. i was looking for light equipement but whith good results. i own xt1 and with 56 and 23 i got the result i was looking for. I use fujinon lense in large format and was confident and now very awaiting new firmware for af improvement mainly for 50 140 which i own.

i am specialy happy with no noise when shooting in concert and very good results in low light.

only 69 (good number) i love photography from my 15. voigtlander, bronica ETR then nikon F2, from 1976 then D............D800. i was looking for light equipement but whith good results. i own xt1 and with 56 and 23 i got the result i was looking for. I use fujinon lense in large format and was confident and now very awaiting new firmware for af improvement mainly for 50 140 which i own.

i am specialy happy with no noise when shooting in concert and very good results in low light.

Hi all , 

My name is Marco . I'm from Serbia . Photography is my hobby. After years of searching from compact camera with best specs and needs for me i settled for Fuji X t1 ( graphite) . 

Interestingly on 3rd day of owning it , it fell from a meter and a half. I was so so so so lucky that nothing broke , just an minor scratch.So the X T1 is a really quality built and though camera.

At the moment i own just a 18-55. Next lens i hope will be 14 mm. I like the idea of traveling lightweight. I'm into LE , Panning, Landscape and cars and lots of miniature studio xperiments . For portraiture i'm torn between a 35 and 56 but those are the question for future so no need thinking about that now. 

Thanks for reading and i hope to learn a lot from you guys here.

Hi dudes and dude-esses.

I am too busy at the moment to share some great and funny photo, but many of my photos can be found at my website. I am in the process of setting up a Synology NAS Photo Station, which will have practically unlimited space and wire speed access for me to load and change photos. (6x3TB HDDs plus 120GB SSD cache).

My bio: started photography at age 14 with a Praktika Mat, moved to Ricoh SLR then Olympus OM1/OM2/OM4Ti. When AF came in and Oly was dragging its heels, I switched to Nikon. Slowly progressing up to an F5, before going all digital. Now I run both Nikon D750 and Fuji X-T1 kits in parallel. I recognise (I think) the strengths and weaknesses of both systems and try to chose which one to take accordingly. Sometimes though I feel like I am a bigamist :) but I don't think that I could give up my Nikon kit.

I am also heavily into video, and like to produce short films and YouTube promos. I am curious to see how the X-PRO2 will fare. Reputedly it will have 4k video!

My Fuji kit comprises X-T1, plus lenses 8mm, 12mm, 23mm, 35mm, 56mm, 60mm, 18-55mm (for sale), 16-55mm, 55-200mm (for sale) and 50-140mm.

I use an iMac and LR 6, but have Windows PCs around as well.

I live in Sydney, Australia - so if you are local and interested in my two zooms for sale, send me a PM.

I think that is probably enough, by way of introduction.

Paul

Hello my name is Frans van Leeuwen. I live in the Netherlands. I use my Fuji X-E1 now for 2 years, with these lenses 18-55mm, 55-200mm and the 27mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Bonjour! 

I've started photography in early 80's with Nikon FE2 mainly to document my travel - due to cost. Digital photo revived my hobby in 2007 when I've bought a Nik D80 and 18-200. Since then it's been practice and self teaching on  Internet and numerous books (love David Duchemin's philosophy).

I'm from the province of Québec (.ca) and a new comer in Fuji system - I was looking to improve lens quality (f2.8) but with reasonable weight increase. Being with Nikon it was not possible so I've bought XT-1 GS with 16-55 and 50-140 just 2 months ago. Still have to get use to EVF and slower AF. But image quality wise I'm impressed. More and more I'm inlined to shoot B&W.

Hey guys, glad to join you!  I'm a 46 year pro shooter from Kentucky in the U.S.  I'm an X-Photographer and have been shooting the Fuji X System for little over two years.  Love it.  I shoot a pair of X-T1s, X-T10, and the X100T.  Started with the X10 which is my wife camera now.  I use lenses from 14mm to the 50-140 ( almost all of them).  I teach workshops for my own company His Light Workshops, and with Jack Graham Workshops.  I also have classes (8) on KelbyOne and often teach at Photoshop World.

Before retiring in the summer of 2013,  I was the Nikon Professional Services Tech Rep for the Southern U.S. (loved my Nikons but they got too heavy).

I photograph; Landscape, Nature, Close-up, Travel and Americana subjects, as well s family and friends.  My website is www.billfortney.com

Hello folks

My name is Arlindo Namour Filho. I am a Fuji user since 2013. The love growed so fast that I launched a group in Facebook called Fuji X Lovers Brasil, now with more than a thousand members.

It is so good to have this space to share with you more experiences.

I am a X Photographer since January of 2014 and I use mirrorless for 100% of my work and fun.

My cameras are two X-T1 and one X-E2, with one Instax 90.

I have a blog also where I talk about my passion and work with Fujifilm X Series (www.ehnamour.com).

Thank you for the invitation to be here and I hope we will have many good discussions about the system.

Best wishes.

Arlindo Namour Filho

Greetings,

Jesse here, I am a professional photographer working at a University in Florida and am in the process of building out my FUji Kit for my freelance and personal work. Current Fuji setup includes: Fuji X-T1, Fuji X-E2, 23 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 60 f2.4 and a Fotodiox Nikon to XF adapter. You can see some older work on my as yet not updated website www.jessesjonesphotography.com as well as some other work at http://fotojesse.tumblr.com/ 

Hi ,

My name is Matus Kicka photographer and 3D artist base in "grey" city of London ( i call London - Babylon great city of opportunities and madness ;) )

I do shoot fuji x100s (and tcl 33mm adapter)as my every day walk around camera everywhere i go. Creative 3D is my job pay my bills and allowed me to do my hobbies,travel,surf and i can t say photography is my hobby its part of my 3D CGI  job but its more then that, I like  to escape to more free view of this world through  the lens. Photography is my passion. I always  try make and observe most honest view, i can make in the moment. Its way of "mediation" for me.  i do love shoot portraits,street and landscape. in my photos i m trying to deliver very sensitive human visual experience,soft tones and colors, mood  and real subject as first. As 3Dartist and photographer i have got strong software skills from Photoshop,LR,C1,3D Max, AfterEffect ... and that what i like switch from one platform to another using visual language to express my self and keep my eyes open . But  In moment of taking photo i try disconnect from any modern technical influence to stop time and catch real ancient human nature and what surround.Connection.

My web side www.matuskicka.comcoming soon . im uploading my photos day by day and will be launch in next couple weeks.

https://instagram.com/matus_kicka/ 

I have been a photographer since 1984 with Yashica FX....then Olympus OM2....then Minolta X700....finally...last film camera...Nikon FM2...... First Digital Camera was the Sony Mavica.. with floppy disc......next Nikon P80....next Nikon D80, Nikon D90, Nikon D300, Nikon D7100.......Olympus OM-D E-M1..... And finally....Fujifilm X100T, Fujifilm XQ2 and Fujifilm X-T1...

I am a JPEG shooter..... Hence, Fujifilm Film Simulation is my kind of choice....

Btw, I am a Malaysian residing at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Hello all...

My name is Bernd Werner Herrmann (quite a mouthful, eh), and I go by "Ben."  I've been posting on a vairety of forums around the net since around 2002 and have been activie in digital photography since 1998.  You'll often see me quite active on DPReview on various forums there.

As a matter of background information, I was born in Germany - the town of Moosburg in Bavaria to be more specific.  I was born in 1949 - my father being originally from Preussen (Prussia), and my mother being from Karnten-Villach ,Osterreich (Austria).  My father was a Wehrmacht Panzer officer during WW II and following the war, both he and my mother came to conclusion to emigrate to the USA eventually.  So he came to the USA first, working for the US Army and eventually he sent for us, with us emigrating to the US in the mid 50's.  We settled in Philadelphia, Pa - which was a nice place (then) - a far cry what it is now.

Keeping with our family history (all of my family on my father's side served in the Germany Army), I entered the US Marine Corps in 1966 and wound up making it a career, retiring from the Corps in 1993 as a Master Gunnery Sergeant (E-9).  I served in Vietnam from Feb 1968 through September 1969.  I also served as Marine Corps Drill Instructor with L Company, 3rd Recruit Training Battalion at MCRD San Diego, training recruits there for 3 years. 

My education is a BS in Tourism, Recreation, and Parks Management from North Carolina State University (summa cum laude).  Upon retiring from the Marines I worked as a Park Manager and Lake Warden for 8 years.  I then got the itch to get into real estate, obtained my North Carolina Brokers license and specialized in new home construction sales.  I am now fully retired - but quite active in conservative politics, mentoring the mentally disabled, volunteering in assisting the homeless, heavy physical fitness and weight training, gardening, and gourmet dining and wine tasting.

I'm currently shooting with a variety of brands - specifically, the Fuji X system, Micro four thirds system (both Panny and Olympus), Canon EOS-M system, the Samsung NX system, and the Nikon system.  So my attitude is not one of "fanboyism" towards any one brand - rather, I can appreciate them all for what they bring to the table.

We reside in the town of Fuquay Varina, North Carolina and live in a small, but quaint 4 BR home.  I've been married to my wife Jane for 36 years now and have a son, Erik who resides with us.

And that's it in a nutshell - glad to be aboard since I really enjoy the Fuji X Trans system.

BenandJane_zps423056c4.jpg

Frontofhouseview1-04-08-framed.jpg

Hello all,

My name is Lino, age 31 from the amazing Azores Islands, in the middle of the Atlantic. Currently living on Terceira Island, i was born on the main island of the archipelago, called São Miguel.
Since i was young, i loved to steal my parents film camera :) In early 2000's i put together 2 passions: aviation and photography, so i became a plane spotter since then. Nowadays i became freelance graphic designer and photographer. I mostly do editorial photography, documentary and photo journalism, and portrait to. I'm a Canon user still... but just for shooting airplanes! :)
I love my awesome x100s and she loves me too! :)

Cheers,

10922380_837710966271109_800953671116260 

X100S | ISO200 | 23mm | f2.0 | 1/25

After I received a nice invitation from „our“ administrator Andreas for »Introduce Yourself«, I can not be coy any longer ;-)

About me - the really short version first

• Web Strategist and User Experience Ambassador (Don’t take this too seriously)
  • Happy husband, proud father and passionate amateur photographer
  • Native of East-Westphalia and convinced European
Something about my equipment and my inspiration and motivation to photograph

1. Owner of Leica’s M6 with following lenses: 3.4/21 Super Elmar-M, 1.4/50 Summilux-M and Fuji’s X-E1 and X-T1 with following lenses: 27/2.8, 16-55/2.8, 18-55/2.8-4.0 and 50-140/2.8. In addition, I use the M Mount Adapter and the Macro Extension Tube 16 from Fujifilm. I like to use the flash i40 from Nissin. I’m still looking for a suitable tripod plus a head with Arca-Swiss and I'm currently working with a standard tripod of Cullmann.
  2. Fine art interested me since more than 30 years. For a long time I was among the purely »passive artists« and have explained myself only theoretically and scientifically with art. I could neither draw nor paint nor making movies or taking pictures. But I am always fascinated - by artists, craftsmen and people who express a feeling, a thought or a message with the help of visual arts. That’s why I decided some time ago to topple me from pure theory into practice and role models playing a major role for me at this point; There are so many good photographers - of their images, their tutorials, their workshops, their blogs and their comments in forums I can continue to learn and I hope to be a little better every day.
  3. And last but not least I thank my unfortunately now deceased father in law for the encouragement »to try it myself« and especially my wife and my daughters for exciting, fun and enjoyable motives in the last 20 years.
My motto - for someone who can speak and write better (at least in German) than photograph

„The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter - it’s the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.“ (Mark Twain) 

Enough of self-expression 

I look forward to participating with you in this forum ;-)

Hi all.

This is the first and only forum I have ever joined. I have been interested in photography since the late seventies. My first camera was a Chinnon C E (I think) bought from Dixons. I took this camera to Greece along with 5 rolls of Kodachrome 64. I was amazed when I saw the transparencies projected large. The photographs were rubbish but it got me hooked. Unfortunately I developed GAS and spent the next few years collecting equipment rather than learning to take photographs. Over the years I have blown hot and cold with my photography and it was always me wanting the next best camera. I eventually ended up with a Nikon D300. I really enjoyed using that camera. After a holiday in Italy a few years ago I realised that I wanted something smaller and lighter. I put the D300 in part exchange for the Fuji X100. On the next holiday this camera was glued to my hand. I loved this camera. But GAS struck again, I wanted the XPro 1 and part exchanged the X100 for it. I still have the XPro 1 and the XT1. I still have GAS.

Over the past two years I have been amazed at the quality and the diversity of the photographs I have seen on the Fuji web sites . I have also been impressed by the people on the forums. Sorry it's a little long winded.

I'm Lenka - a passionate California amateur photographer for over half a century!

I grew up using Leica rangefinder cameras when they were good price-performers. Several years ago, I purchased an X100 Special Edition on a whim and was immediately propelled into the 21st century of rangefinder-type photography. I have never looked back. And now my Leicas, except for my beloved, pristine IIIg and 35-50-90 primes, are history.

I'm newly retired and shooting primarily grandchildren, landscapes and street scenes with a brace of X-T1s and many XF lenses. I still use Nikon D810-based FF system for certain serious projects requiring high resolution, but love the Fuji ease of use and corporate dedication to excellence.

I have co-exhibited several times with my spouse Trudy, a professional fine art photographer, but as a rule tend to not publish my work, although I am in the process of re-evaluating that decision.

Hi.

I'm Chris, and I have a Fuji X-T1, a few XF lenses, and a 70s Fujica ST 801 (passed down from an uncle). I also have a stockpile of other classic film cameras.

My day job keeps me busy testing camera software and building lens correction profiles for a large software company.

Cheers,

- Chris

Hi all

I'm a 30+ year news photographer in Montreal, Canada. I use Canons for work and I don't own any Fuji equipment... yet. I'm one of those who has been waiting for the XPro2. And when I say waiting, I mean waiting. I trust the XPro2 will not disappoint.

I bought my father an XE2 and he loves it. He travels a lot and at 83, portability/weight really goes a long way. And those are the same reasons I'm looking to buy a Fuji. It's the rangefinder style that I'm interested in and as much as I would like to own a Leica, I would also like a Ferrari but neither of those two options are available to me.

I've been returning to Fuji Rumours to get any piece of positive info that will keep me wishfully waiting... and a big thanks for the website. I know a lot of working news guys who have a Fuji something-or-other as a personal camera and I plan on becoming another.

Hey all,

I'm Scott. Currently living in DFW metroplex area in Texas via Brooklyn NY, Maine, Cali, Philly and Florida. Been shooting seriously since the late 70's. Worked as a full time PJ and Sports shooter (NFL, MLB, NHL, NCAA) from 85-98. Continued shooting sports part time from 99-2014. Shot Canon for pro stuff exclusively until 2013. Started with MF F-1's, went EOS in 1990 when the EOS -1 came out and made the digital upgrade in 2009 shooting 7D's. When I gave up shooting pro I decided I was tired of lugging pro sized ger around and went mirrorless with Fuji. Started with an X100 for vacations then upgraded to X100S. Moved into MILC with X-E2 and then picked up X-T1. Love Fuji's retro design approach to camera design and have gotten away from the bag of f2.8 zoom lenses I was carrying with my Canon gear and have gone back to my film roots of fast primes. Currently just enjoying photography again with my X System gear. Just keep impressing us Fuji cause you've got a lifer here.

Hi everyone!  Photography has been my creative outlet since Dad handed my a camera on a vacation in Yosemite.  Yes, 35mm, film.  Still remember taking pictures at Tioga pass.  Even have some of those old negatives (including pictures of the first lunar landing, taken off a TV screen in South Lake Tahoe).  After school, raising a family, and a successful career, my wife and I rediscovered photography a few years ago.  Once the kids left, it became the perfect excuse for travel and sharing a common hobby.  I love technology and the creative use of technology.  Have tried many systems.  Switched to Fuji just a few weeks ago.  Love the color, love the quality, and love the simplicity of the camera/menus.  Really lets me concentrate on the composition, subject and creativity.  I'm no pro, but I do love going on walks and finding the beauty all around me.  With six grandchildren, all living close by, there is plenty of subject matter.  Yes, I am really looking forward to the promise of v4 - any AF improvement is welcome.  Thanks for having this forum, and the friendly and helpful community it generates!

My best wishes to everybody here!
I am kenito (Kenjebek Imangazievich TOKOCHEV) from beautiful mountain country Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia.
I am fond of photography since my school ages but began shoot seriously in 2009 with Nikon D300, when X-Pro 1 appeared at the horizon I immediately
switched. And luckky to have this small camera. 
I like shoot our nature, people, everything interesting for me and show to people.
Hope you will love my country seeing my pictures.

Hi, Peter here from London, UK

I've been using the X Pro 1 since it was released and have a collection of Fuji lenses including the 35mm, 18mm, 23mm, 56m and 50-140mm.

Recently I bought a second X Pro1 body, a refurbished model from Fujifilm UK. 

I haven't been tempted by the X T1, hanging on for the X Pro 2.

I still have my Canon 7D and a few L lenses which I use for event photography mainly because I use a Camranger to transfer photos to the computer.

Regards,

Peter

My name is Peter and I live in Canada.

I've been using Fuji cameras since the S1 Pro and still have an S5 Pro.

I was mainly a Nikon shooter until about 2 years ago (with a dalliance with Canon), but I've been moving to the X system. My system now consists of two X100 bodies, X-E1, X-E2, X-A1, lenses and an X10.

Cheers,
Peter