Introduce Yourself

Hello from elaineb!

Actually I'm not Elaine, I'm John, her husband. I've been charged with getting her new XQ2 set up for her trip to Machupichu. One of the things she'd like to do is to take some long exposures of the southern Milky Way. Right off I'm having no luck setting up longer shutter speeds in the "M" mode. Camera specs list 30 seconds as the longest exposure but I'm thinking 20 seconds will do. Unfortunately when I try to set the speed using the control ring the slowest speed I can get to is 4 seconds. I'm stumped and she leaves next week! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, glad I found this forum!

John   ( Mr. Elaine )

Hii,

My name is Aji. Well, I am living in Japan now but I am an Indonesian.

Before moved to fuji x system, I was using Canon 60D with several lenses such as 35mm F1.4L, 50mm F1.4, 80mm f1.8.

Yes, I love prime lens.

Two years ago, I found a good deal of X-E1 and XF35mm f/1.4 for 60,000¥ (550 usd).

I fell in love with fuji since that moment!

My collection:

X-E1 (i want to upgrade in near future)

XF 35mm f/1.4

XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4

Old lenses with lens turbo:

Takumar 55mm f/1.8

Takumar 135mm f/3.5

SMC 35mm f/2

Helios 44-2 58mm f/2

Looking forward to contribute here!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and a new Fuji shooter. Bought the XT-2 with the 18-55 mm Kit lens. Also got the 55-200mm zoom lens. Very nice stuff. In old days I was shooting with my Canon AE-1 and A1 with prime lenses and the wonderful 80-200mm zoom. The last 15 years, sadly, I was using only Superzoom bridges, Sony and Lumix. Restrospectively I must say it was a boring time compared to the fun using the XT-2.

I bought some FD-FX adapter (no speedbooster) so I'm glad I can use my beloved Canon lenses again. The adapters are fine and the IQ of those old lenses are excellent, specially the FD 50mm/1.4 SSC

Cheers,

Mario

Hi, my name is Stephane Sayeb, I am a french based event pro photographer. My assignments and workshops have taken me to the country of French Polynesia, Tahiti and Moorea islands. After Pentax and Canon user i finally ended up using a Fuji X-T1 + 16mmf1,4, 56mmf1,2, 100-400mmf5,6. I am very happy with this kit :-) Some additional Lenses and soon a X-T2 + Grip in the future.

You can find some of my pictures here: www.tahitizoom.pf

Cheers

Stephane

Hello, I am new here. I have been shooting with a Nikon D800 and the Tamron Trinity of lenses, plus a Nikon 200mm micro and Tamron 90mm macro.

A while back, I picked up a used X-M1 and a used Fuji 60mm macro lens. The results were amazing! I was so impressed that I ordered the X-T2 and booster grip. I can't wait to get the X-T2! I am hoping that my X-T2 will do everything I want and I could then sell my Nikon gear. We'll wait and see.

I shoot a lot of close-up/macro flowers and plants, as well as landscapes and nature.

I love the Fuji film simulation! It takes me back to my film days, shooting with Velvia.

Live in Cheshire in the UK.  Been shooting for 65 years - though not with Fuji!  Digitally speaking - Canon 10D, Canon 5D then added an XE-1.  Decided to go Fuji completely so got rid of the XE-1 and the 5D and went rro an XT-1 with 18-55 and 55-200.  Trying to decide whether to add some primes - especially the new 35mm. Hmm!

Shooting - general, models and travel (one reason for the lighter system)

Wish now of course that I had an XT-2.....................  :)

Hi,

I'm Paul from London. Have enjoyed SLR photography since the age of about 14 but spent many years in the wilderness, owning various SLRs but generally not feeling the buzz of previous years.

That was until I cam across the FUJI XT1. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, being that it reminded me of the Pentax K1000 I owned 25 years ago. Once I realised it wasn't just aesthetic, but a very decent camera, I took the plunge and am absolutely loving it.

I'd be very interested to see or find a thread where people are showing the results of their custom settings based on different kinds of photography. I'm testing out lots of combinations myself but love seeing the different results people get straight out of the camera as opposed to post production.

In the meantime, here is one of my shots. Look forward to trading advice and tips.

P

I'm a Nikon user as well. I am impressed with the performance of Fuji's XTrans sensor, high quality lenses and Fuji corps' willingness to improve its products via firmware rather than gouging us for v.2. I like that the platform lends itself to lens adapters. Won't be giving up my D600, but the XE2S will fill my APS-C slot.

Edited by Nijinon

Hello everyone. My name is Noah, and I am in the US (CO). Long time Canon shooter who said I would never switch to mirrorless, mostly due to the EVF. Well, now I'm a convert thanks to the X-T2! I am seriously invested in Canon glass, so it will take some time to make the full conversion to Fuji but, I'm excited for the change!

Edited by 5280Pics

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm Hansen from Jakarta, Indonesia. Nice to meet you all.

I'm about to have my first mirrorless camera, but I'm in dilemma between X70 and X-A2/A3. The X-A2 is entry level camera and limited features compare to other X series (but the price is much cheaper though). The questions are:

1. If I use the XF lenses to the X-A2, is the image quality would be better than the X70?

2. Is the X-trans sensor have a significant impact with picture quality?

3. Is the X70 fix lense would be enough for all around photography?

I would like to hear your input and advice.

Thank you very much.

Hi there,

Virgil from Bretagne, France here. Started my journey with Olympus OM1, a long time a go, switched to Nikon D40, D90, D600, D7000 and found again the pleasure again with Fuji Xpro1. Switching to XT1 for the AF but in love with my 35mmf2 WR.

greetings

Hey,

Thomas from Tokyo, Japan here. Not so much experience with photography in general, doing it just for fun in my free time and to preserve some memories. :)

I got myself an X-T1 last year as my first serious system and recently managed to get my hands on X-T2. Reading FR almost from the beginning of my journey with this system.

Cheers

This is where we introduce ourselves right? 

I photograph weddings full-time, based in the metro Detroit, MI area. I switched from Canon Full-Frame + L primes to Fuji X a year ago, mostly to carry less weight. I'm happy I switched. 

I post posted highlights of my first year shooting Fuji X (XT-1, XT-2, X70) http://www.jlbwedding.com/2016-highlights/

and I also compiled some thoughts on the system and my answers to all the questions other local photographers have been asking me about Fuji: http://www.jlbwedding.com/fujifilm-mirrorless/

Anyway, Happy to be here - JLB

Hi guys, I'm a semi-pro photographer from South Africa. Likely going more full time next year and will probably take it up as a career. I love journo type shooting and spend as much time as is possible on university campuses during protests etc. That being said, I don't have a massive portfolio yet.

SO!

I'm here to chat to you fine people because after shooting Canon since day one and still loving and owning a 6D and a 7D2, I have bought a second hand X-T1 and a 35mm f1.4 (along with the kit 18-55). I love my Fuji and I wish it could do everything, but no camera can, so I think I will always shoot a mixed bag. Do I want an X-T2? Heck yeah! But $$$ and exchange rates and all that.

Glad to be here, seems like a rad community. See you on the forums!

Paul

Hi everyone, my name is Adam I am from Philadelphia, PA. I got into photography when I was back in high school 25yrs ago. I took 2yrs of photo science back then. I recently purchsed the X-T2 and sold my Sony A7ii. Couldn't be happier the Sony AF system was terrible. I came across this forum just by searching info about Fuji cameras. So I joined since the people here seem to be very friendly and informative. If there is anyone else in the Philly area and would like to go out shooting let me know. Always looking to meet other photographer.

Hello...I am new to the Fuji X Forum. My photography journey started with a Canon in 2010 and I switched to the X-T1 in 2014 and now also own X-T2. Between 2010-2013 I focused on scenic photography. Since 2013 I expanded my interests and now enjoy wildlife, birds and cultural portrait photography...I have different lenses for different situations from street photos, portraits, birds and scenic.. (10-24, 23, 35, 16-55, 56, 50-14 & 100-400). I just purchased the EF-X500 Flash. I live in Orlando, Florida, USA.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

New Fuji XT2 owner. Came via Minolta (50 years ago), Hasselblad, Nikon, Leica M (with M & R lenses), Canon 5D3, Phase One 45+ on Hasselblad SWC, Pentax 645Z, Leica Q, Sony RX-1R and Phase One XF+100. Sold everything from the Pentax 645Z backwards and hundreds of lenses.

Got the XT2 for street. Love street and love B&W. But will use it on long travels where limited space needed and for color of course too.

Still use Phase One XF for landscape where size and weight not an issue. That being said once I am 75+ years old something will need to change and that just might mean getting a GFX . Loved that 50MP Sony sensor in the Pentax 645Z when used with modern lenses.

PM me for my website and/or manufactuer blogs if interested. Some street and some landscape, Cuba included.

Edited by algrove