Introduce Yourself

Hi there, my name is Sandro and I am an Fujiholic. I am amateur photographer, interested in macro and nature photography. My first camera was Sony DSC-P32 with 3.2 mp and 256 mb card :-). Then moved up to Sony V1, Panasonic FZ 28 and finally Canon 500D. Later I was suffering with severe case of GAS and collected great number of lenses and other acessories to the point where I could not decide what to use and how to carry it around. So too much gear became limiting factor (we are not talking expensive or pro gear but 6 modern lenses and around 20 vintage pieces were just too much). Last year when I came back from summer vacations I realised that I shot entire trip with my mobile phone, because I didnt want to carry my gear with me to the beach or walking around because it was just to big and heavy. I decided that it is time for change and in that time Fuji just released X-T10. It was love at first sight :-). I did like X-T1 before but it was too expensive for me, so little X-T10 was perfect. I sold all of my Canon gear and bought X-T10 with 18-55 lens and later added 50-230. The later is probably the best spend 200 eur in long long time. I kept some of my vintage glass and bought adapters for it and it is joy to use with focus magnification and peaking. I can carry X-T10 with both lenses, Canon 50 1.4 with adaptor, spare battery, small tripod, closeup lens and Yongnuo flash ( maybe I still hawe some of that GAS) in small National Geographic bag all day long without braking my back. It is really liberating and people dont pay any atention to someone with small bag and something what appares to be film camera, so I can go to playground with my daughter and take pictures of her without people pointing fingers at me and asking stupid questions. I hope to learn new things from this site as I still have a lot to learn and to read about interesting topics.

Hello there 

I'm from Belgium and new to this forum .

I already posted a topic of a problem on FB but still in search of a satisfying answer, on the following;

quote:

"Hello there, little question.

I just updated the firmware for the 50-140 mm from 1.10 to 1.11 and now the combi ( with X-pro 1) makes a continu soft buzzing like noise. That is enoying and I think batt. consuming too.
Anybody the same problem ? How to fix ?
Can I eventually return back in the firmware ? "

I thought I didn't had it on my other lenses but now I also hear it in combo with my 10-24 .
Is it something what I have to worry about or is it harmless and in fact typical ?
I presume it is batt consuming anyway .

Love to hear something

Hi friends,

I'm Boyd. My wife and I run Boyd & Gabby Photography out of Hickory, N.C. We do mostly lifestyle weddings and portrait work in the region. If you get a chance, jump on over to our website at http://www.boydandgabby.com I really love my Fuji cameras especially for the kind of stuff we do. They're small and quiet so they don't get in the way or distract from the genuine moments happening all around. We love shooting weddings because marriage is extremely important to us. God has blessed our marriage tremendously and we love sharing in the start of other people's marriages by preserving amazing memories in beautiful pictures. Instagram can be found @boydandgabbyphotography or my personal instagram @theboydjohnson. 

Hello from Seattle.

I got into photography with Canon, but switched to Fuji with the XT1 early last year.

I've gone through a black XT1, XPro1, silver X100S and a GS XT1, with the GS and X100S remaining now.

I've also tried various Fuji lenses too but now only have the 35/2 and 18-55. In the past year I've bought and sold the following Fuji lenses: 35/1.4, 18/2, 27/2.8, 56/1.2, 10-24, 55-200. Out of those the only lens I regret selling is the 56.

I really like using manual lenses and have several Rokinon lenses and vintage Helios and Olympus lenses as well.

I find that shooting with Fuji cameras is so much more fun and engaging than shooting with Canon. There is nothing wrong with Canon, but I think Canikons have become stale and boring. I find the GS XT1 and X100S to be the most aesthetic pleasing cameras that I've ever seen. I plan on keeping them for a long time.

Edited by plaidshirts

Hi there,

New member from Belgium here. I'm a full time pro who got hooked on Fuji after buying an X100 a few years ago. Sold the X100 and got into an X-Pro1, this week a finally bought an X-Pro2. I initially wanted to use the X-Pro1 for most of my smaller jobs but it was always a bit lacking in terms of speed. I'm really hoping that the X-Pro2 can fulfill that role from now on. I still use my Nikon kit for the big commercial assignments though. If you're interested you can take a look at my website here: http://www.benoitvermeeren.be

Edited by powaq

I am Nipun from Bangladesh. I am a doctor by profession. I own a X-T10 now with the kit lens. I am very new in this DSLR/mirrorless world. I used to be a die hard smartphone photographer. Now I am trying to get a more maturity maybe in photography :-)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi, 

I am Pierre from France (Lyon). I switched from Canon (6D + L lenses) to Fuji 2 years ago.

I use a X-T1 and a X-T10 with 5 lenses (see details in signature below). I am going to sell the X-T10 because I find the X-T1 far better in handling and use. I am waiting for the X-T2.

Edited by Pierre

Hi there, I am Nikolas, professional photographer who deals a lot with travel photography

I use Fuji cameras since 2013, starting with X100s. For the moment, I am the happy owner of X-E2 and X-T10 with several lenses (AF + MF)

Nice to meet you all, I hope that we will have a frequent content by sharing our experiences

Hello Fellow Fuji Nuts!

I'm Mark Deneen. I'm an author, painter and photographer holed up in the SoCal desert near Joshua Tree N.P. I've been using an Xpro for 3 years, but after hearing so many glowing reviews on the XT-1, I decided to flog the Xpro and get the XT-1, which I am waiting for now. Will be here Wednesday if the shipping gods are kind.

I shoot about 50% digital and 50% MF film. I love the Fuji X cameras and lenses. I have the old 18mm, 35mm, and 60mm.

Hoping to learn all about the XT-1 here, and keep up on the latest Fuji madness, accessories, tricks, whatever.

Peace Out. 

I'm a retired software engineer who decided to get back into photography as an enthusiastic hobbyist about a year ago. I had enjoyed a modest darkroom and a simple rangefinder camera when I was a kid, but I hadn't taken anything but rare snapshots in over 50 years. After a little research I bought a Sony A6000 and a few of the cheaper e-mount lenses. I was happy with that kit, but as I read about Fuji gear I recognized that the usability engineering of the X-series offered something I was missing.

I happened to notice the Fujifilm sale that ended a while ago and decided to jump to Fuji while the deals were there on the glass. So now I'm very happy with an X-E2S and a nice, though still small, collection of quality lenses. My plan is to replenish my savings and purchase an X-Pro2 and another lens or two when the current teething problems are resolved and, I hope, the price of the Pro2 drops a bit. Obviously, I'm a rangefinder-style guy.

I've sold almost all my Sony gear, except a standalone, genuinely pocketable RX100M3 "scout cam", which I keep with me at all times. (No desire to get into this now in detail. but NEVER try to sell used equipment on Amazon FBA. The seller side of Amazon is the evil twin of the Amazon buyer experience. Really maddening.)

[uPDATE]

Added more lenses. Currently waiting for a preordered XF 80 f/2.8 Macro, which will complete my collection. My favorite, by far, is the XF 16 f/1.4, though the new macro is what I've been waiting for what seems like years.

Edited by rrrrrichard

Rick here. My full time work is not photography, pretty serious, and takes much of my time. So I shoot when I can and always carry cameras with me. I sell images via Zenfolio, but I will not do portraiture or weddings, or similar. Not my thing.

I've been shooting Pentax K5IIs bodies in recent years, and these bomb proof bodies with their pro zoom lenses are heavy.  I, like many wanted to lighten my load.

Going full frame, I chose a new Leica M-P 240 Safari kit with 35, f2 Summicron. And I have a nice variety of Leica lenses. 

For an auto focus, zoom lens system, I chose the X-T1 which came with the 18-135 zoom. I also picked up a 35, f2 Fuji prime, which I believe is the better of the two 35s. But I also picked up a Fuji Leica M adapter to shoot some of my Leica primes on occasion.

I just received my X-T1 and given the serial number beginning with 54, it's a recent build 5=2015, and the 4= 4th quarter. So I am hoping some of the bowing door and detaching grip rubber issues have been addressed. Time will tell.

I also picked up the battery grip, but I have to say, my large hands can get a fine grip on the body without the grip attached. 

So far I'm very impressed with the build and handling of the X-T1 and look forward to enjoying shooting with my Fuji/Leica MP duo without feeling like a Sherpa.

I travel to Italy on occasion and am going back this Fall. It will be nice to lighten my load without sacrificing image quality.

I am keeping one of my Pentax K5IIs bodies and certain primes and a couple of zooms. It has no AA filter on the sensor and I know if I'll regret it if I don't keep one.

Edited by NWPhoto

Hello fuji folk. 

My name is Paul Mitchell from Formby, Merseyside. This is my first post on any forum ever. I have been into the fuji system since 2012. I had the X100 for 12 months before selling it and buying the XPro 1.

I retired in 2014 and used gift certificates to buy the XT1. I enjoy using both cameras 

I have been very impressed with  the images I have seen on this site and if I can produce results half as good I will be a happy fuji guy.

Hi, I am Mole from Oxfordshire, UK. Not long had my X-T1 but really enjoying it. 

I joined the forum just to keep informed of what is going on and learn from the more experienced among you.

I am keen on B/W and as I love music and perform like taking shots of any musicians + a rack load of other areas.

Not a technical shooter but hopefully and artistic one.

Thank you Olli for the introduction post

Mole

Hi, 

David here, from Sussex in the UK. Started way way back ago with an Olympus OM1, most recently been Canon wall to wall since the 350D came out just over a decade ago, moving through their range up to my most recent 5D3. A few years back, I bought an original X100 on launch day because I thought it looked cool. That started the Fuji itch.

Last year I finally got fed up logging the DSLR kit around and sold the lot to buy a Leica, but the one I wanted was on back order, so to scratch the itch, I added a X100T to keep me going. The X100T worked really well for me, fixing all the issues I had with the X100 so I stuck with it for a bit, and last weekend, I decided to ditch the plans for the Leica and jump in with both feet and bought and X-Pro2 and the 23mm and 56mm lenses. 

Which brings me to here.

Hi there

I'm a designer from the Wirral, UK. I've jumped aboard the X-T1 train (3 days ago) from Canon and Olympus cameras before (5D and EM5). The X-T1 is everything I wanted it to be, i.e. a mix of both those other two cameras. I've nothing but praise for the system so far. I've also bought the 23mm f1.4 and I'm awaiting the Samyang 12mm f2 and an old Chinon 35mm f2.8. I'll also be adding my old Olympus OM mount 50mm f1.8 and 28mm on there as well.

Now to sell the Canon and Olympus stuff! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, My name is Ian and I always seem to have had a Fuji camera but not always as my main kit. This has now changed since I purchased my X100s ( my opinion this is the best digital camera ever made and still is! I would never part with it for any reason as it still amazes me with its never ending potential) A year odd ago I purchased a Xt1 with 18-55 as a toe in the water to replace my Nikon D3, I great misgivings on this and for the first six months I had a love hate relationship with this little camera. The image quality was never an issue but the handling of all things but once you acclimatise to it and get your mind out of dslr mode it's a little powerhouse of a camera. So at this present moment I have no Nikon gear and have since purchased a 16mm and a 50-140 so I think the Fuji has truly won me over!

I am an amateur hobbyist photographer these days and I will have a go at most subjects and just enjoy the fun of photography recently trying infrared. I will not shoot weddings,baby portraits,animal portraits , mushrooms or horses

Hello Friends!

This is Rafael. I'm from Russia and i live in Moscow. Before purchesed a Fuji, I had several cameras: Canon 550, Canon 5D mII, Sony A7R, Sony A7s, Nikon Df. 

I'm an amateur photographer. 

I've been starting to use Fuji cameras since 2015 year. My switching to the Fuji system passed without issues. Also a had the Fuji X-T1. Now, in my arsenal the X-Pro2 and some lenses of the Fuji systems: 14/2.8, 23/1.4, 35/2, 56/1.2 APD, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8. As for me, all lenses are amaizing and an image quality is very nice.

Thank you, good shots!

I'm Richard, an attorney in San Mateo, California. ( I jokingly say that I'm a photographer and in my spare time I practice law.)  I've been at this even since my teens when my dad gave me his old Leica IIIf and the instruction book.  I eventually migrated to Nikons when I bought the new F2 in Hong Kong.  "Brand loyalty" kept me "Nikoned out" for years until I saw the X100.  It reminded me so much of that old Leica that I had.  I haven't looked back.  When I got the X100T I gave the X100 to my daughter who also gave up the Nikon.  Then I got the X-T10 and have put all my Nikon stuff on eBay.  Currently I'm awaiting the delivery of some additional lenses and hope - after I recover from the spinal surgery of May 4th - I can get out and about soon to get back to doing what I love (and that's not in the courtroom.)

Hello all

I'm a (long) retired aerospace engineer who has been taking photographs since the 1950's.  I had been a confirmed Nikon user since some time in the late 1960's but in September last year I finally decided that my Nikon outfit was just to heavy to cart around comfortably so I decided to change.  Fuji seemed the obvious route and as Fuji were offering a 3 lens deal with what was in effect a free x-pro 1 and a leather never ready case thrown in I took my Nikon outfit to my local camera dealer (Clifton Cameras) and traded it in for the 3 lens deal (18mm, 27mm and 60mm) 2 additional lenses (14mm and 23mm), the x-pro 1 body and the leather case (the leather case went straight into the loft  :D ) and so here I am now a Fuji photographer. Well nearly as I still have 4 very old manual focus Nikon lenses and a D40 with split image rangefinder screen for old times sake and a Sony RX100 iii for when even the Fuji is to heavy and bulky.

You can see some of my earlier work at http://www.david-rosser.com and at http://www.davidrosser.uk

Edited by Dave Rosser

Welcome Dave, yours is a name I remember from another forum! Funnily I made exactly the same decision in January after a lot of soul searching I PXed all my Nikon stuff for Fuji stuff and now have an X-T1 Graphite edition plus a 18-55, 18-135, 10-24, 60, 56 and last but not least 50-140 + TC1.4. still have my old D810 body which is going to PX when the X-T2 makes an appearance! 

I don't have a local dealer so I went to WEX, very good company to deal with!

Hello, My name is Malyba.

I have a Fuji XT1...

I am full on in my work life and a gift in 2014 is offering great opportunities for some downtime.

The only gift I have is my camera, working on using Manual atm...

The future holds wonderful possibilities !

I'm Chelsea London - originally from New York, but am currently nomadic, moving from one city to the next every few weeks. At the moment, I'm in Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina. I shoot primarily with an X-T10, but I also shoot analog with various bodies. You can see some of my stuff on instagram (@clondon)

Welcome Dave, yours is a name I remember from another forum! Funnily I made exactly the same decision in January after a lot of soul searching I PXed all my Nikon stuff for Fuji stuff and now have an X-T1 Graphite edition plus a 18-55, 18-135, 10-24, 60, 56 and last but not least 50-140 + TC1.4. still have my old D810 body which is going to PX when the X-T2 makes an appearance! 

I don't have a local dealer so I went to WEX, very good company to deal with!

Hi Mike,

I remember your posts in that forum, glad to be in touch again.

Dave

Hello all!! Greetings from sunny Medellín Colombia..

My name is Juan Carlos Duque Escobar

I am a soon-to-be-45 year old amateur photographer (with an MFA in painting). I recently acquired the XA 2 as an advanced bday gift from my brother, with the kit 16-50 mm, which has great IQ, in my eyes, plus the 50-230 zoom, which I've only really used once (but I loved it when I did).

So far, I have been very happy with the camera, although I hope that in 5 or 10 years I will upgrade to a more professional X model (I am a lowly English teacher, so I have to save up for a long time before I splurge on what to me is a luxury).

I have been shooting since about 1992, so I started with analog (Olympus OM1) and studied briefly with Jed Devine .

Here's my flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23199471@N03/

Good to be here!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello everyone, and greetings from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I've just recently jumped into the Fuji world by purchasing an X-T1 w/ Fujinon 18-135. I arrive here as a 35-year Canon shooter (7 cameras, all the way back to AE-1!) As mentioned by others, there's a pretty steep learning curve with the X-T1, but I'm working my way through.

I do have a question about power. I've been experimenting with wireless connection to both my Mac and Galaxy smartphone, and while I love the convenience, I'm a little concerned about power consumption. I've purchased 3 additional camera batteries, but I'm wondering if there is an AC adapter option for long downloads. I've seen some adapters online, but I'm still a little confused as to how they work. What I've seen looks like a NPW126 battery with a cord attached -- how does that work. I can't see any entry point on the camera for an AC input.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rod