Introduce Yourself

Hello!

I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland.

I started with the X10, then the X-E1. Now I'm on the X20 and the X-T1. I have a Canon DSLR system but find the weight of bodies + lenses a strain. The X-T1is my best camera ever. And it's getting better with the firmware updates!

Louys

Hi

Long time Canon DSLR user (2002-2014). Before that used Fuji compact uprights and Minolta film cameras.

X-T1 user since late 2014, swapped all my gear. Main interests are Landscape, Nature, Abstract, Macro.

Use the 18-55, 55-200, Zeiss Touit 50mm Macro, and an adapted Minolta 50mm f1/4 Rokkor and a Minolta Auto Bellows

Lightroom Tester, but experimenting with Capture One and Irident Developer

http://method.photo  (needs a bit of adding to)

Hello,

I'm Matthias from Nuremberg/Germany. I've started shooting round about 2005 and switched to Fuji in April 2012 with an X-Pro1 and 35mm/1.4. This was the Camera i've been waiting for really long. Meanwhile I'm into film photography too.

Greetimgs

Matthias

Hello all.  I'm a computer nerd (since 1982), ham radio operator (licensed in September 1990), and budding photographer.

I recently got back into photography (May 2013), and have been loving it.  I'm mainly a Canon shooter (EOS 6D & Rebel T3i), but purchased a Fuji X100T back in February.  Since then, I have mostly been using that cool little camera, and loving it.

By the way, I got the X100T mainly because of the cool retro styling, but also because the weight of an EOS 6D + lens was beginning to take its toll on my back (ruptured disk in late 1997).  I can carry the X100T around all day, and hardly know it is there, and the image quality is astounding.  I'm seriously thinking about getting the X-Pro 2 + a couple of primes, when it is released.

Howard

A little over a year ago I sold all my Nikon gear after anxiously awaiting the Nikon dF release. Not what I hoped for. I stumbled upon the Fujifilm cameras and that's when I sold my Nikon gear. Started with the XE-1 with 18-55 and then got the X100S. Since then sold the XE-1 to buy the XT-1. I also added the 55-200, 10-24 and recently the 35 1.4. I shoot mostly landscapes and travel photos. I've swallowed the Fuji pill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. My name is Jamey. I'm a hobbyist living in Houston, TX. I work in emergency management and try to drag my gear along with me when I travel for work. I also enjoy shooting landscapes when I hike. I've tried a few systems over the last four years and keep coming back to Fuji. For me, the X series' combination of light weight, aesthetic, and image quality makes it almost impossible to beat.

I'm Benjamin, a Fuji addict living in Melbourne, Australia.

I work as a designer and photographer for Vice, and mostly enjoy shooting street, editorial and portraiture.

Sold my 6d a year ago and haven't looked back. Currently shooting with the x-t1 and x100t. Plus always carry the x-e1 w/27mm in my backpack.

http://instagram.com/benjamin_thomson

Hello,

my name is Uwe and I'm from Germany.

You can find my bio and work at

www.uwerichterphotography.de

And this is how I look:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Cheers

Uwe

Hi!

My name is Tom and i am from Austria.

I am an avid hobby photographer and after shooting with cams from different brands

(Sony, Nikon, Olympus) i finally ended up using a Fuji X-E2 + XF 16-55 F2.8. 

I am very happy with this kit :-) Some additional Lenes will follow in the future.

You can find some of my pictures here: https://500px.com/ThomasMayrhofer

Cheers

Tom

Hello Fuji fans!

My screen name is actually a nickname of mine known to a fair number of peope who know me by my face. It's maybe a little obscure but not quite "formerly known as Prince" level. The full title is "Nine Volt The Third", but people just call me "Nine Volt".

I'm from Alberta Canada (which puts me within a province of about three million people) and for now I drive trucks for a living (not quite sure what "A Living" is yet though). I'm probably a hardcore Nerd by most standards and as such, I love the anonymity of the Internet and that's about as much as I'm going to say.

Oh, I've been posting on Canonrumors for a few years now under roughly the same name (just without punctuation as many websites don't allow it), and I'm greatly looking forward to discussing photography and gear without the extreme opinions constantly thrown around on websites associated with the big brands.

Fuji is all about the Dials for me, I love manual control.

Hi my name s Matt Brandon, I am a Malaysia based humanitarian and travel photographer, who collaborates with NGOs to tell their stories and to train their field staff to do the same. My assignments and workshops have taken me to the countries of Egypt, Tibet, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Maldives, Philippines, Kenya, Turkey, Malaysia just to name a few. I am on the design board for Think Tank Photo but most importanly for this group I am also proud to be a Fujifilm X-Photographers.

Recently I founded the On Field Media Project to train the staff of non-profits to use appropriate technology to produce timely as well as quality images. Our goal is for non-profits to develop the skills to tell their own story, as well and as often, as possible. Non-profits and NGOs are rich with beautiful, inspiring stories, and OFMP truly believes there’s no one better to tell these beautiful stories, than themselves.

Hi all.

My name is Justin.

Photographer based in Brisbane, Australia.

After using Canon for the last decade have only recently converted almost completely to Fuji as my main work horse.

Started with the original X100 which got me hooked, then bought the XT1 with a bunch of lenses for a 2nd body for work, which now has pretty much turned into my primary body.

www.justinmaphoto.com.au

Looking forward to reading/contributing to this forum!

Guest Ilovemycam

I am a self-taught social documentary photographer with 47 years experience. My work is in 99 museums and public collections around the world. I specialize in producing hand-printed artists’ books. Many of the books I have produced are landmark in nature.

Full Biography: http://biographyofdanieldteolijr.tumblr.com/

(NSFW)

Blog: https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/

Fuji and Leica are my mainstays, but I also use DSLR's

Hi everyone,

vman is my handle but my real name is Voltaire.  I use my real name in fredmiranda for those who might have visited that site.  Long time Canon shooter back in the days of film (Canon F-1) and had my own b&w darkroom in Manila.  I'm based in San Francisco now and have lived in the U.S. for over 30 years.  Had a hiatus for years while growing a family and seriously picked up the hobby again in 2004.  Fully invested in Canon  (1Dx and 5D III) and now also in Fuji (XT1 and X100T) although I've tried so far to stay away from the fast zooms because of weight and size issues but I know that resistance is futile soon after my shoulder heals. :-)

I am not a pro but am a passionate photographer.  Some of my work can be found on:  http://www.voltaireyap.com/

Keep on clicking.  Smiles.

Representing the San Francisco Bay Area,

I started at an early age on a gifted Canon AE-1 and was hooked for life.  Since then, traveled from film to digital to film and back again.  Old rangefinders are still my #1.  Alas, the cost of lab and home developing pushed me to digital in the early 2000's, and I bought the og Canon 300D (2003?!).

Forayed in various canon gear, until the X-E1 came out and was just blown away with the design (did I mentioned I love old rangefinders) and SOOC capabilities. Throw in weight savings and access to great glass and I immediately divested in Canon (no regrets).

Shooting digital has always made me yearn for film and I still shoot a Leica M6 and Ricoh GR1v from time to time when the budget allows for it.

My current kit is an X-T1 with 18-55 attached (14 and 23 in the bag) and a Sony A7 with a v2 35mm summicron (Jupiter 8 in the bag) 

Shooting experience: 15+ years

Favorite focal length: 35mm

Favorite fuji lens: 23mm f/1.4 (14mm very close second)

Favorite subject matter: street, travel

Currently trying to master: off camera lighting/flash

Hello all!

I'm G from The Netherlands.

I just signed and used to post on the fujix-forum.

My Fuji adventure started with the Fuji x-10 which opened up my eyes to photography after that I owned the original x100 and x-e1. After selling them I now own X100s (still hoping for 1 more firmware update!) and x-t1. After being blessed with my 2nd child and struggling with my own business my cameras have been sitting on a shelf way too long. I'm hoping by joining this community it will inspire me to make more time for my favorite hobby.

Hello to everyone from Germany. I photograph for 40 years and I'm a Fuji-X maniac since 2012. Maniac means, that I have no A2 and no T10. From early times, I still have a EOS 7D. With the X-T1 4.0 update, I hope to get rid of it.
In addition to Fuji-X I am interested in cars and computers.

Hi all from North Texas, USA...

After selling my D300 & D700 and associated lenses - I picked up the X Pro 1, then the X-T1 -

I really enjoy shooting with these Fuji's and the light weight is wonderful.    Aside from the IQ and lens quality, I continue with the Fuji brand because they are not afraid to add new features to existing products rather than force me to buy new bodies.    They get it - If I keep using the bodies, I will likely keep buying lenses which keeps me in the brand.    I get upset though that Fuji keeps releasing lenses that I really want to buy :)

Photography and Music are my creatative outlets and I'm on the quest to capture how I feel about a place on the sensor rather than just how it looks.

Feel free to check out www.aChanceEncounter.com - most images from the last couple years are from the Fuji's.

Hello all,

Just joined this forum. 

I'm a photographer, illustrator and educator.

Bought a Fuji X-T1 and several Fuji optics and accessories to slim down and go light for travel assignments and a book I'm doing in Cuba.

I sold my Canon full frame system with much trepidation, but now feel quite good about the switch after comparing images after shooting a job with both systems.

Some recent Fuji images can be seen at my Picturing Cuba in B&W

Anxiously awaiting Fuji's next FW update in June. Can't come soon enough as I NEED to tether to Lightroom!

If you are new to the X-T1, I highly recommend Tony Phillips' e-book.

I read it on the plane to Cuba and it taught me far more about my new camera than the Fuji manual.

Join in in Maine this June to shoot, process and also learn Photoshop for photographers!

Hi, my name is Christophe from France.

As you may or may not have noticed it I like controversy and bold opinions so not everyone will like me on this or other forums.

I own an x-e1, worked 6 months with the 18-55 before deciding I liked 35mm most and now own the 35mm f/1.4 as well, permanently mounted.

I'm not interested in fw updates, better AF or CC for now, I'm only interested in becoming a better photographer.

Same way as I've learned guitar by beginning with classical courses, then folk with a clean sound and now jazz, which are solid bases that allow me to play about everything I could want, I'm sceptic about getting too much gear / effects before mastering the bases because it distracts one too much from the goal (well my goal) which is to make good pictures, not just only OK pictures, even if I never quite reach it I prefer to have that as a goal than to find mediocrity good enough.

1 good picture in a month would be nice. I believe in reckless editing. If there is a picture I would have really, really liked to work but did not really make it -> thrash it. No cropping either. Cropping and zooming are enemies they make people lazy and cropping more than 3% is immediately noticeable for the trained eye.

As everybody else I'm taking pictures of landscapes and flowers (I quite often hike for 2-3 days in mountains near my house, show me that weather-sealed x-e body Fuji!) but don't share them because I find it frankly boring for others. I'm not really looking for the "that's lovely" comments.

I'm more after the Martin Parr humour that not everybody gets, being very cynical, but also love the Eggleston simplicity of photographing something just because the colours and light are beautiful, but I think it only makes sense as a project / book and not isolated.

Now speaking about gear I've chosen Fuji over other stuff because I've never wanted to carry a DSLR ever, and for the low price of the awesome glass compared to other mirrorless systems. I'm not a fanboy but I do genuinely love what this company has delivered so far, allowing aspiring photographers like me to have a quality and lightweight camera at all time with them, and full manual controls if wanted/needed, and I'm thus very interested in the evolution of the system.

See you on the forum,

Christophe

Guest Ilovemycam

Just got kicked out of here too.

Mod does not like my posts.

Good luck with your pix guys, I'm out of here.

Hi all,

My first camera was Canon A-1 film SLR with the included nFD 50mm/f1.8 prime  kit and it served me a long time. I eventually acquire other lens. Mostly all prime.  nFD 35/2, nFD 50/1.4, nFD 85/1.8 and FD 135/2.5 SCC.  I first dipped my toe into Digital when I got a Nikon 995 and travel with it throughout my vacation with my family for an entire summer.    This proved surprisingly good and lead to my switch from Canon film SLRs to Nikon DSLR.   I started with a Nikon D50 with Tamron 28-75/f2.8 as a kit and eventually my wife switch to digital as well. Then added a 50/f1.8D for portraits about the time I got more into setting up a home studio with lighting.  Eventually moved up through the Nikon line to D600 w/ 85/1.8g and 70-200/f2.8.  After packing around my FF DSLR on a number of vacations, I realized I was starting to take my camera less and less outside of the studio and away from home.  I bought a Sony NEX-6 but that proved to be limiting due to the quality of the lens. Although playing around with my old Canon primes on the Sony was kind of fun experiment the quality was simply not there.  So here I am on the Fuji APS-C system for when I want to travel light for documentary purposes and enjoyment with great quality lens in a small package. I have an X-T1 two XF18-55, two XF27, XF10-24, XF55-200 and an X-E1 for my wife. Handgrips for both cameras as we found both cameras a bit lacking in comfort compared to our DSLRs.   I still have all my cameras and lens that I have bought. Lots of good memories and photos. Looking to make many more with my portable X system setup and fantastic glass. I'm debating about XF56 for the studio, but I don't know.. kind of hard to fault the Nikon FF setup with the glass I have and flash capability. So it's kind of want more than a need at this point. 

Just got kicked out of here too.

Mod does not like my posts.

Good luck with your pix guys, I'm out of here.

I asked you not to abuse this forum for self promotion:

And as one of the Fuji X Admins I have to ask you too - not to abuse the forum for self promotion.

As long as you keep to the general netiquette you are welcome here, but please stop using each of your posts to link to your own pages.

If you don not want to abide by the rules - good bye.

Andreas

Hi, my name is Julius and I have been shooting off and on since 2007. I currently own the Fuji xpro-1 with the 35mm and 14mm. I originally started out with the Canon 40d and moved on to the xpro-1. I recently purchased a 5d3 over the XT1 and enjoy using both systems. I am also possibly the only one on the planet yet to write a blog post about it :)

I am currently completing a course with the Photography Institute and looking to polish up on my years as a recreational shooter. I have done some small food commercial work and looking to improve and learn more on this wonderful journey.

My work can be viewed at www.juliusgarofali.com.au