Focus area shift

Loop1

Most of my shooting with an X-T20 is done in program mode,  Focus Area set dead in the middle of the viewfinder and as small as it will go, and Single Point Autofocus mode.  Sometimes without knowingly  doing anything the Focus Area has gotten larger and has shifted far away from the center, usually to as high as it can go and off to either side. Am I doing something to cause this? If so, is there a cure? Thanks. 

When in the menu where you can select focus point, use the wheel button to make the focus area smaller or larger. On my camera it is the arrow down button that is assigned to enter the Select Focus Point menu item. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heres a section from my booklet Fujifilm X-T20 Tips which is free on the Apple Book Store:

1.5 Focus Point Selection in Single Point or Zone mode size

The focus point can be selected in 4 different ways:

Firstly, by touching the screen if Touch Screen mode is turned on 

Secondly by pressing the button assigned to Focus Area and then using the selector buttons

The button is assigned by the menu: Set Up > Button/Dial Setting > Fn/AE-L/AF-L Button Setting/Dial Setting > or directly by pressing and holding that button.

Thirdly by using the menu: AF/MF > Focus Area and then using the selector buttons

Fourthly by using the selector buttons immediately if they have been made permanently active by assigning them with: Set Up Menu > Button/Dial Setting > Selector Button Setting> Function or Focus Area.

Note: When set from Function to Focus Area they store whatever function was set to them if ever they are switched back to Function.

When the selector buttons have been made active by whatever means, touching the Disp/Back button centres the focus point and rotating the Rear Command Dial changes the frame size. Pressing the dial restores the original size.