Is FULL manual focus mode on X-T20 in video mode even possible?

JPMadden

Can the X-T20 shoot video in full manual focus mode? I set up my camera on a tripod and use mobile device in "wireless communication" mode to preview and, settings adjust and shutter control. I have the camera set to "M" (vs."C" or "S") BUT STILL I see that the camera is going in and out of focus when I look at the playback. Am I missing a setting? In the menu, under "AF/MF", the "AF+MF" option is greyed out, but showing "on". Why can't I access this? And is this part of the problem?

• 1 month later...

I'm disappointed no-one has replied to you and have only picked up viewing the forum again since someone replied to my post. The short answer is Yes. I've just tried my X-T20 in manual mode. (the switch on the front plate set to "M"). MF is shown in the viewfinder and the distance scale (which I have enabled) shows that I can change the focus while the video is being recorded. I cannot think what you are doing differently but as you now know that it is possible perhaps it will give you encouragement to explore further. Best of luck.