Atomos Ninja V usage with XT-3 4K DCI 10 bit 4:2:@ 50/60fps flog

micky.finn

I can't get goood 4K results out of the XT-3 recording internally (4K DCI flog any frame rate) and Fuji will not provide any fixes or support.

Basically the frame rate quality is very poor for any lateral motion in frame - making it unusable. I mean you could never submit a short to a festival shot on this :(

My only other option is to purchase Atomos Ninja V and record externally - but I don't trust any of the vendors anymore - if you look at Atomos suer groups - they claim several features of Ninja V don't work for certain cameras - HDR, log recorded versus displayed with LUT, fan noise, etc.

I am not in a location where I can buy and return or rent. So I need to know before I buy that it will work and not be way under specification like the internal recording.

Does anyone in this forum use Ninja V with XT-3 - ideally 4K DCI 10 bit 4:2:2 flog externally recorded.

Can you share some footage or do quick test of traffic (cars or moto or even people walking) moving laterlly across frame?

I assume the internal codec / processor is the issue and that Ninja V should do great job (excepting fan noise and flog preview issues plus hdr not being supported if I wanted to record HLG).

In mu other post you can see 5 seconds or so of problem footage - but as I mentioned it is for any lateral motion faster than a snail.

Thanks for any assistance

• 1 year later...