Apature changing bug

Pasta21

Hi! 

I've bought an second hand xt-10 about a year and a half ago and never had any issues with it. but recently I've run into a wierd bug with the apature. So I use my camera fully manual (even manual focus, use the AF-L to focus quickly), and only have one autofocus/auto apature lens. an fuji 27mm f2.8 pancake lens. so recently when I've been using it and stop down the apature from anything but 2.8 I  randomly get this bug when I halfpress the shutter. I get diffrent exposures on the same settings! the pictures below are both 1/160 f5.6 ISO 400 and yet the apature is diffrent. sometimes it gets darker, sometimes brighter, sometimes correct. but it usally stops down darker, and then darker, and darker, and only a restart of the camera will fix it. I don't know if its the body or the lens or a combination. Please would love some help! cheers!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Pasta21

• 1 year later...

It seems like the aperture blades kinda "gets stuck" in a position and won't open up or close down properly. Say im in 5.6 and when i halfpress the shutter it closes down the blades to something closer to 16. And if i try go to say 2.8 it might not open up or it might open up to maybe an 8 and then back to 16. I can't explain in text. I will upload a video.

21 minutes ago, Pasta21 said:

It seems like the aperture blades kinda "gets stuck" in a position and won't open up or close down properly. Say im in 5.6 and when i halfpress the shutter it closes down the blades to something closer to 16. And if i try go to say 2.8 it might not open up or it might open up to maybe an 8 and then back to 16. I can't explain in text. I will upload a video.

here is a video. its unpredicatable and broken. unusable basically. can only shoot other lenses with manual aperture rings, have not tried other fuji lenses as i do not own any other lenses. https://youtu.be/Hsh-43APlyk

Update for people of the future that might encounter the same issue. I just discovered that its definitely the lens. If i have focos 1.5m to infinity the aperture blades work just fine. But somewhere between 1-1.5m and the problem occurs. So something when the lens is moving to change focus must be interfering with the machanism that controls the aperture blades..