Sign in to follow this  
John Bustard

XT-20 Firmware Update - Willing to Pay

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Message to Fujifilm:  With the collapse of the stock market and shutdown of our economy, it is extremely unlikely I will be buying a new Fujifilm camera this year, e.g. the XT-4.  But I would be very glad to pay $79 U.S. for a firmware update to my XT-20 that significantly improves autofocus performance, especially in lower light situations such as indoor soccer games, or outdoor soccer games near sundown.  I suspect I am not the only person in this situation.  I suspect you would like to see more revenue in 2020 and this is an opportunity.  If your software developers need to work from home, doing firmware updates would be a possibility for you too.  This could be a win-win.  Please consider it.  I love my XT-20 and use it almost exclusively instead of my Sony 6300, which is now my backup camera.  My lens all have image stabiliazation, so IBIS is not a major thing I am looking for at this time, another eason I prefer an update to my XT-20 even at a reasonable fee.

Edited by John Bustard
Thought Title was supposed to be my name and it is the topic title.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Yup, that was what I thought. If you mainly use the viewfinder, then leave that setting turned off. It is intended (when turned on) for those that use the touch screen for viewing and choosing the focus point.
    • What happened to me was the touch screen was on and if my nose touched the screen whilst using the viewfinder, I would move the focus point. It was so annoying I have the touch screen turned off completely
    • X-T2, 90mm (taken through a double-glazed window)   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • X100f stuck in A and P mode!  I just got my x100f back from servicing and even when I move the aperture ring and shutter dial away from A - it is still in A mode- if I move the aperture ring and shutter dial to A- I am in P mode.   I want M mode- I am pulling my hair out. Am I missing some step in settings or is my camera damaged from servicing? 
    • By chance do you have the settings for touch screen focus turned on? If so, then every time you look through the view finder, the focus point will bounce around like you are describing. Make certain it is turned off in the menus. That setting is more intended to be used with the big lcd screen.