XT-2 viewfinder

Filand

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the XT-2.  I jumped from a Canon 40D to the XT-2 some time ago.  I love the camera and the feel and output are fantastic for me.  With that said, I have noticed that I have a harder time (on the Fuji) transferring what I see in my viewfinder to my computer screen.  In other words there seems to be a disconnect between what I see in the computer and what I remember being in the viewfinder.  I don't think it is a color or exposure issue, maybe a framing?  Not quite sure.  Do I simply need more experience with the camera?  I'm using a 18-55 for both cameras.  Thank you.

Edited by Filand

Well to begin with, are your viewfinder settings identical, for brightness and white balance etc?

Have you set up both cameras, on all the same settings, so as to make an identical simultaneous photo of something?

Because otherwise, everything is subjective.

I used Canon for decades, and loved their equipment. But Fujifilm have had me in their grasp for twenty years now ... 

• 2 months later...

Another possibility, of which I was just reminded in going out with my 2nd ("new"ish) X-T2 for a quarantine break after 1/4 year. A bit rusty. But I had just the experience as you, in terms of viewfinder vs. output to computer. Then I remembered my experience while shooting the images (using viewfinder mostly). That is this:  I was in the park shooting spring nature, bracketing 3 "film" types as I do. While  looking into the viewfinder I found everything overly vivid compared to both RL and what I imagined as the digital product.

And I've just remembered this - note to self: must correct!  With my first X-T2 I made a point of choosing the viewer mode, both the saturation level and whether it displayed the film emulation in the preview, or not. Those are settings which directly influence what you see vs. what you get. So on the off-chance this is the culprit, the good news is you can customize what you see so it better suits you.

Edited by FenFotos