Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the XT-2.  I jumped from a Canon 40D to the XT-2 some time ago.  I love the camera and the feel and output are fantastic for me.  With that said, I have noticed that I have a harder time (on the Fuji) transferring what I see in my viewfinder to my computer screen.  In other words there seems to be a disconnect between what I see in the computer and what I remember being in the viewfinder.  I don't think it is a color or exposure issue, maybe a framing?  Not quite sure.  Do I simply need more experience with the camera?  I'm using a 18-55 for both cameras.  Thank you.

Edited by Filand

Well to begin with, are your viewfinder settings identical, for brightness and white balance etc?

Have you set up both cameras, on all the same settings, so as to make an identical simultaneous photo of something?

Because otherwise, everything is subjective.

I used Canon for decades, and loved their equipment. But Fujifilm have had me in their grasp for twenty years now ... 

Posted (edited)

Another possibility, of which I was just reminded in going out with my 2nd ("new"ish) X-T2 for a quarantine break after 1/4 year. A bit rusty. But I had just the experience as you, in terms of viewfinder vs. output to computer. Then I remembered my experience while shooting the images (using viewfinder mostly). That is this:  I was in the park shooting spring nature, bracketing 3 "film" types as I do. While  looking into the viewfinder I found everything overly vivid compared to both RL and what I imagined as the digital product.

And I've just remembered this - note to self: must correct!  With my first X-T2 I made a point of choosing the viewer mode, both the saturation level and whether it displayed the film emulation in the preview, or not. Those are settings which directly influence what you see vs. what you get. So on the off-chance this is the culprit, the good news is you can customize what you see so it better suits you.

Edited by FenFotos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ibraxwane
      Hi guys,
      Hope you're all well.
      My Fuji randomly stopped turning on a few weeks ago. The screen turns on but not completely (as seen on the attachments). Changing to the Viewfinder also doesn't work, shutter doesn't go off...nothing works. When I turn it off, the screen stays on; I have to remove the battery for my camera to shut down. I've interchanged between my 3 batteries multiple times, and the problem persists.
      I've looked for solutions on forums, but never found anything that fits. Tried updating the firmware through an SD card but the camera won't even turn on for the update to begin in the first place.

Any tips? I'd love to hear from you guys!
      Cheers,
      Ibra

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Thubten
      I have used cameras for a long time, none of them weather sealed, without any damage from water or dust.In fact I don't recall it even being an issue.But now I am deciding between an xt2 and xt20 ,mainly on this basis and the $700 price difference.I will never be out in the rain with this gear, but it will be exposed to ordinary dust, and perhaps high tropical humidity.I am leaning towards the xt20.This has perhaps been covered before, but I can't find a search function.
    • By Danny Bates
      Is anyone else having this problem?
      My XT2 works beautifully with my Godox flashes (two AD200s and one AD600) when my shutter speed is 500 or higher. But if I drop the shutter speed below 500, the flashes stop firing.
      I'm using the Godox XPro-F transmitter.
      So what I'm really wanting is "Low Speed Sync" so I can use my Godox flashes at speeds like 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, etc.
      Why I do not suspect the transmitter or flashes
      I can press the test button on the transmitter and the flashes fire I can put the same transmitter on my X100s and shoot at any shutter speed and the flashes fire successfully This makes the XT2 my prime suspect.
      Under the flash function setting menu, I do have Sync Mode set to AUTO FP(HSS) but I've tried the other settings with no success either (and didn't expect those to help anyway).
      I am in single shot mode and not using bracketing or multi-exposure features.
      And it doesn't matter if I manually turn off HSS via the menus on the flash units.
      Do you have any suggestions I can try next?
      Can you see if you are able to shoot and sync at 1/60 using your XT2 and Godox transmitter and flashes?
      Any help or suggestions will be thoroughly appreciated!
    • By AKXt2
      Hello Everyone, 
      I just picked up an XT2 and this is my first Fuji camera, really excited about using it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading forum post to familiarize myself with the camera and its settings. I am very impressed by the film simulations but really confused on how to use them in conjunction with RAW files. I was under the impression that if I shoot RAW+JPEG(Fine/Norma) with a film simulation selected (e.g. Chrome). Simulation is applied to JPEG only and RAW file is pure raw without any processing that I can edit however I want in post processing. But I took the camera out for the first time and realized the film simulation is applied to both JPEG and RAW. Is there a way to shoot with film simulation applied to JPEG but get unprocessed RAW files from XT2? 
      Thanks for everyone's help in advance! 
    • By Giovanni1968
      Hello,
      I am seriously thinking it's about time to upgrade my X-Pro1 to an X-T2, I don't need latest gimmicks nor super high res or movie features, for extra MP I use a FF Nikon camera which has plenty of pixels, Fuji is for lighter shooting like hiking, travel etc and as such, given how many people upgrading to the X-T3 the T2 reached a price tag which fits my budget.
      I see many T2 on American photography boards for sale but I live in the EU and the only reliable source I know is an online store in the UK (dunno if allowed here to past a link or a name so I just won't this time), is anybody aware of other trusted sources within the EU borders for used gear?
      Grazie

Giovanni
    • I have about the same problem with my brand new X-T4 also (I use lens XF 16-80 mm F4 R OIS WR if that matters). I have two Sony Sony SF-G (UHS-II) 64 GB SD card in the camera, that was formatted in the camera before I used them. I have latest firmware in both the camera (ver. 1.02) and lens (ver. 1.05). I did not expect such problem with a brand new X-T4. Only way for me to get out of the freeze is to take out the battery and then the camera respond to user input again. If not Fujifilm will fix
    • Hi, I have a X-T4 and I have a Think Tank Turnstyle 5 V2.0 "sling bag". This one: https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/turnstyle I have this lens on my X-T4: XF 16-80 mm F4 R OIS WR. I can with some effort squeeze the X-T4 with the lens mouned in the bag and with some effort get the zipper closed. At present I will use the lens I have, I will probably not buy any longer lens now but maybe a macro lens later. I prefer a sling bag. Is it maybe a Think Tank Turnstyle 10 V2.0 I ne
    • Fujinon XF 16-80 mm F4 R OIS WR is in use here. /Bo
    • Hi, I have a brand new X-T4. I have only used if for 2 days. Great photo quality in my opinion. But now and then my X-T4 has just freeze and it do not respond to any user input. Only way I have found to get out of it is to take out the battery and then turn on the camera again. Then all works fine again. When I got the camera and lens (Fujinon XF16-80 mm F4 R OIS WR) I upgraded the camera to latest firmware (ver. 1.02) and the lens as well (ver. 1.05) before I started to use it. I use t
    • Well I use the 12mm Zeiss Touit 2.8 and I find it very, very satisfying.  As far as a lens for close-up shooting I use the 60mm F2.4.  I find this lens to be amazingly sharp, and detailed.  The detail and micro-contrast is incredible.  A truly underrated lens in my opinion.