Studio strobe + Third party lens

I tried using my Otus 85 (Nikon mount) on my XT1 with my Profoto lights using a pocket wizard but all the images where overexposed.

The only thing I could think of is that the camera sees the aperture as f0? But I set the aperture the same as all my other Fuji lenses and those images look good.

Anyone tried this yet?

Lets get back to basic.

Right exposure determine by right shutter speed and aperture.

1. For studio shoot, camera should be set to 'M' or manual mode.

2. Normal circumstances, shooters will set the shutter speed to 1/125sec (X-T1 can go to 1/180sec) or lower.

3. Selecting the aperture is much dependence on the power of your light source (profoto lights) and the ISO you have set on your camera. The fastest way to know the right aperture is to use flash meter.

4. If flash meter is not available, you can start trial and error of using different aperture setting by checking you camera LCD or probably Histogram on the LCD to check correct exposure.

Hope this may help.

Ok I finally had some time to test it again and I feel really stupid  :rolleyes:

My Novoflex adapter also has an aperture ring and I totally forgot about that one  :P

When the aperture ring is al the way to the left (or right I forgot) the aperture ring on the lens is useless  :D

Ok I finally had some time to test it again and I feel really stupid  :rolleyes:

My Novoflex adapter also has an aperture ring and I totally forgot about that one  :P

When the aperture ring is al the way to the left (or right I forgot) the aperture ring on the lens is useless  :D

Glad to see there are still people in the world that want to stop down their lens.   Glad you figured it out. Thanks for the update.

What shocks me is that there are come cheap adapters out there for EF lens which don't even allow you to stop down.... and they sell!