Voightlander 35mm as an alternative to the fuji 35mm

jlima

Hi there!

I was thinking about getting the fuji 35mm f1.4 to my xpro2 but had this crazy idea of getting the voightlander color skopar 35mm and an adapter instead.

I usually  shoot with vintage lenses so the AF is not a deal breaker, I'm overall worried about the sharpness, colours and contrast of the lens, the small size of the voightlander is also a point in favour of that lens...

What are your thoughts about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

besides an X-H1 with the 23mm f/1,4, I shoot with a Voigtländer 21mm f/3.5 Color Skopar Asph and a 40mm f/1.2 Nokton Asph both on Sony A7iii.

I also shoot with Leica M6 and M9 with native 28mm and 50mm Summicron glass.

In the past, with a Sony A7ii, I have used Zeiss 21mm f/4.0 Loxia and 35mm f/2.0 Loxia and of these two lenses eventually I regret the 21mm.

After this premise, I can say that the Voigtländer lenses are very close to the Leica and Zeiss quality and I really appreciate the result, you have to be really finicky to see a big difference.

Vs the Fujinon 23 f/1.4 I prefer the rendition of Voigtländer lenses and therefore I am planning to sell it and buy the 35mm f/2.0 Ultron.

Just to get an idea you can pick-up those photos taken with Voigtländer lenses on my two Flickr acts : srsatvs and Svend RS.

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, jlima said:

Hi there!

I was thinking about getting the fuji 35mm f1.4 to my xpro2 but had this crazy idea of getting the voightlander color skopar 35mm and an adapter instead.

I usually  shoot with vintage lenses so the AF is not a deal breaker, I'm overall worried about the sharpness, colours and contrast of the lens, the small size of the voightlander is also a point in favour of that lens...

What are your thoughts about this?

You may want to check these articles and also direct CV 35mm F2 vs XF 35mm F1.4 comparison and make your opinion based on pictures. I used to shoot with color-skopar 35mm F2.5 as well, it's awesome tiny lens and its performance is very close to CV 35mm F2.