PCAuto Save

Nicky

7 hours ago, Nicky said:

About 4 minutes transfer time per raw image. The last time I used it the camera crashed after a few images. The crash was so bad that even the on/off switch didn’t work and I had to remove the battery. 

Quick test on the X-Pro 3.

For 6 files (3 lossless compressed RAW + 3 JPEGs), from start to finish including connection : 1m 40 seconds.

Never had a crash either.

How are  you setup? What kind of router do you have?

3 hours ago, Nicky said:

It seems I am far from alone in having problems with PC auto save

https://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/speed-of-pc-autosave.77392/

Let's try to isolate the problem.

What camera ? What firmware version ?

Is your PC connected in Wifi or Ethernet to your router? Do you have more than one wifi on the same router (5 GHz + 2.4 GHz) ?

Edited by flamidey

• 2 weeks later...

It would be very inconvenient to move the workstation down stairs to the router. It works fine remote accessing Avid media Composer workstations, so I'm sure just a simple thing like downloading a few pictures should be no problem via wifi. I'm still using pcautosave occasionally, but just for JPEGs. Still rather slow, and it crashed again yesterday.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone!

Just configured PC Autosave with my XT-3 with no problem at all. PC and camera are recognised in the same WIFI network.

The only problem is ... it just doesn't start transfering. The instructions manual (generic to all models) makes reference to a WIFI button no iniciate the process. I think  the XT3 doesn't have such button.

How do you manage to start image transfer?

Thanks!

Edited by Pedro