Face/Eye-Detect Mode Won't "Stick"

Has anyone had odd behavior with the Face/Eye-Detection setting seeming to change itself to off with an X-Pro3. I realize it's likely me but I can't duplicate the cause and that's throwing me off.

I set the focus area to all and turn on Face/Eye-Detect to Eye Auto. It will function for a length of time then, looking through the OVF, it won't recognize a face. Curious, I check the setting and it's turned Face/Eye-Detection off. I turn it back on without changing any other settings and poof, face recognition works fine. Rinse and repeat.

The detect setting is not assigned to a function button. I tried changing batteries, memory cards, metering modes, zone/point focus modes, focus point displays, film simulations, movie/stills mode, exposure comp, flipping screens and all the dials, changing the OVF/EVF, and changing lenses with the camera on and off and nothing seems to duplicate the occasional surprise change in the setting.

It's one of those things that happens when I'm not paying attention to it -- Haha... okay, I know it sounds crazy but I'm wondering if there is anyone with some suggestions on what I may be overlooking as a possible cause.

• 11 months later...