X100V gets warm around the battery area

I just got my X100V arrived today, which is quite exciting. But after I used it for few minutes, doing some test shots and setting menu, the camera got warm around the battery area (right side to the screen). It's obvious warm but not hot. But I never encountered such problem with my former X100F. I took out the battery, and it's warmer as well. I left the camera for a few minutes to let it cool down. But when I put the battery back in and use it for like 5 minutes, it's warm again. 

Does anyone come across the same issue with me? Thx!

Steven

11 hours ago, mikecroshaw said:

I just tested mine now and didn't notice it.  Will keep an eye out.  Very happy with it so far, eye af is very good compared to the F.  New lens is a big improvement as I like to shoot close up at f2.  

@mikecroshaw, would you please try to use it for more than 20min after turning Boost mode on? I would really like to know if this is a defect or this is normal.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

yes, mine gets warm noticeably too after a few minutes of testing shooting still images.  I saw other discussion on google that video shooting has more overheating issues.  So I have tested 4K shooting.  The first 10 min 4K shooting get it warmer.  In the middle of 2nd 10 mins shooting, the yellow warning sign shows up.  In the middle of 3rd 10 mins the warning sign turns to red.  The camera shuts down right around the end of 3rd clip.  

Another issue I have is very loud lens movement noise, when the camera is turned on and off and also at auto focus hunting.  I understand this camera comes with moving focus and putting on adapter and filter may help reduce the noise a bit.  But still the noise is quite loud and very noticeable at shooting videos when re-focusing is required.

I am not sure  if my Unit is defective or this is normal for X100 series.  I have tested a  X100F display unit at best buy and did not notice the lens' movement noise. 

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased an 100V through Amazon.ca on 5 April. The vendor contacted me today: while they have stock they could not fulfill my order as Fuji had released a recall on the 100V by serial number based on the overheating issue. The dealer told me that Fuji would not be issuing a recall to customers at this time as their factory and refurb facilities are closed during this crisis.