Fujifilm X-T camera type only for stills

PierrCast

YES, YES, YES!!  The direction Fuji has taken lately has been all for video and AF at the expense of ISO performance.  Forget about producing good stills, I'm not so sure they care.  The XT-2 was much better than the XT-3 and so far all I see is Fuji stepping back from image quality for the sake of AF and video.

The "XH" series was supposed to mean "Hybrid" for both video and stills while the "XT" line was supposed to continue to be a camera, not a camcorder.   Now the XT-4 is simply the XH-2 in disguise.

I will be using my XT-2 & XT-3 much longer than I expected from what I am seeing lately and that's a good thing because I love those two cameras.

2 hours ago, Lumens said:

YES, YES, YES!!  The direction Fuji has taken lately has been all for video and AF at the expense of ISO performance.  Forget about producing good stills, I'm not so sure they care.  The XT-2 was much better than the XT-3 and so far all I see is Fuji stepping back from image quality for the sake of AF and video.

The "XH" series was supposed to mean "Hybrid" for both video and stills while the "XT" line was supposed to continue to be a camera, not a camcorder.   Now the XT-4 is simply the XH-2 in disguise.

I will be using my XT-2 & XT-3 much longer than I expected from what I am seeing lately and that's a good thing because I love those two cameras.

I totally love my X-T2 and even my X-T10. But please enlighten me, in what respect is it “much better than the X-T3” ? To the best of my knowledge the difference in “ISO performance” as you called it is considered negligible.

I am not buying the X-T3, maybe not even X-T4, because for what I do I am fine with the X-T2. I am just a amateur hobby photographer after all. But others have different needs and that is legitimate. It is nice that there are so many options, isn’t it. 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, flamidey said:

What are you talking about?

Care to give us some examples? Cause that's absolutely not my experience.

You take a short sentence outside of what I said to completely distort what it is I actually said.  The XT-3 does have some advantages over the XT-2 and when it comes to going out to shoot moving subjects, the XT-3 is what is in my bag.  But when it comes to ISO performance and a cleaner RAW file I find my XT-2 files to be a much higher quality than my XT-3 files. 

Granted this is just my opinion, but I know quite a few others who feel the same.

4 hours ago, Lumens said:

You take a short sentence outside of what I said to completely distort what it is I actually said.  The XT-3 does have some advantages over the XT-2 and when it comes to going out to shoot moving subjects, the XT-3 is what is in my bag.  But when it comes to ISO performance and a cleaner RAW file I find my XT-2 files to be a much higher quality than my XT-3 files. 

Granted this is just my opinion, but I know quite a few others who feel the same.

Bad quoting, my bad. Although I DID mean to quote your ISO comparison. THAT makes absolutely no sense to me. By a wide margin. My experience is that XT3 outperforms XT2 in High ISO in all circumstances.

Yes, Fujifilm; and while you're up and have your design tools in hand for a "stills centric" X-T4, how bout gluing together a little "stills biased" range-finder style camera about the same size as the X-E2S.  That would be a true all-purpose, all-streets, camera; and might be customizable for any street photographer, anywhere.

• 1 month later...

I'd love that thought.  Between my XT1, XT2, and XH1 I have used the video function no more than five times in seven years of ownership.  Now I own the GFX 50r and why the hell does that beast have video!?  It makes absolutely no sense other than to satisfy a few users who must have video. I have never liked video, and don't even shoot video with my iPhone.

24 minutes ago, Zababo said:

The only for stills camera is the XPro 3, isn’t it ?

Yabut, Fujifilm still packed a lot of XT-3 video capability and features into a "pure photography" camera + cell-phone operational technology (touch screen, etc.)....AND, it appears that their first customers are still working through the initial production bugs for their QC Dept.  That leaves us, who tend to be cautious, with the X-Pro2.  No?