external flash for an x-t3?

alfsa

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the pair listed below.

Both are made by Godox but are rebranded house brands from Adorama.

B&H also has Godox rebranded house brands though I don’t know their name for it.

The reason I went with Godox is they are inexpensive and rated very high on multiple websites. 

I first bought the pair as Godox branded but the warranty was a joke. The flash and off camera support both had a card insert explaining the warranty. (Nothing on the Godox box’s or Godox website say anything about a warranty.) The warranty card stipulated that the seller must include signed documentation with the claim and all that is covered is the electrical board, so I returned both.

B&H and Adorama have warranties that stand behind the house brand (Godox) flashes and support with language that is “normal” and both in my experience (and reviews) are honest upstanding sellers.

Got the pair for $124.95 delivered from Adorama and am very happy with them.

The off camera support R2 Pro (XPro-F) was well with the $30 so the flash can be moved away from the lens. 

I prefer using power (AA batteries) over rechargeable that’s easily available/replaceable but to each their own.

happy shooting!

ps. I forgot to say the one downside to Godox is their antiquated firmware update. Their new flashes now support Apples OS (check their website for models) but last I looked all the older flashes can only be firmware updated with a PC and the process is very 1990’s. My flashes came updated from Adorama with the newer firmware so for the moment, it’s not a problem.

Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 Flash With Integrated R2 Radio Transceiver - Fuji (TT685F)

Flashpoint R2 Pro 2.4GHz Transmitter for Fuji (XPro-F)

Edited by Robr
Add content

The Godox V350F and V860II are versatile on-camera flashes when you need occasionally extra light. For macro I believe Godox has a ring flash too. For more serious work (portrait, events et cetera) the Godox V1 is certainly great. My best experience however is with the Profoto A1X. It's more expensive, but has softer, more even light than the V1 and it doesn't run overheated every now and then. Furthermore the A1 works great in a studio setup with e.g. the small B10 or B10plus.