X-Pro2 eyecup replacement

I pulled my X-Pro2 out of my camera bag and discovered the rubber eyecup has a tear in it. This surprised me. I went to the Fujifilm USA website to see if I could order a replacement eyecup. They did not have one listed.

I then called them and talked to a nice lady named Kelly, who then contacted a repair tech after I explained the issue. The tech wanted me to ship the camera back to them so they could "repair" the camera. They also wanted to charge me $180 for the "repair" plus labor. I said that was totally insane to charge me $180 for a $15 eyecup you can replace in 5 seconds.

I just removed the eyecup and super glued the split eyecup back together. It works fine now but of course it's not new looking anymore. I'm disgusted with this "repair".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a new XPro2 user, read up plenty about the eyecup.   Apparently, what some outfits in the  Fuji distribution network are doing is replacing the entire eyepiece assembly, along with the eyecup.  You can get a replacement on Amazon, a pair for about $12-15, by JJC.  Dunno how good they are, and folks report those popping off too, so its a definite glue-job to have it stay put.

I will say that my recent XPro-2 seems to have a really "hard rubber" eyecup ring, with very little give, and I'm hoping it lasts.   I might have to get a bit improvisational if it doesn't.

Maybe check with Fuji in your geographic area (aka N.A., various European areas, etc) to see what they're replacing, and to see if the cup has indeed been "improved".

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue about two years ago, where I went to get my X-Pro2 from my bag and found my X-Pro2 missing its eye cup.  A call to Steve at the Edison, NJ repair location fixed the issue.  He just mailed me a replacement cup at no charge.

FUJIFILM North America Corporation
1100 King Georges Post Road
Edison, NJ 08837
Phone: 800-800-3854, option # 2