Sign in to follow this  
Peetz

Can X-T2 shoot 4K when using external video monitor?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I want to shoot 4K video using the Fuji X-T2’s film simultions (not F-log) and use an external monitor, such as a Feelworld, to compose.

I heard someone mention on FR discussions that, when shooting F-log on the X-T2, the HDMI connection was not fast enough to allow the external monitor to work.

But I don't need F-Log for my work.

So my question is, can I use the X-T2 for 4K video using an external monitor, if I use normal film simulations, and not using F-Log?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Greybeard, I  I did put both cards in the Fuji to format. 1 failed, the other formatted but failed to record all the images I took. B&H authorized a return. So I'll look at either cards recommended by Fuji
    • Did you format the cards in camera? If the cards work in the Panasonic they should work in the Fuji. You really shouldn't be getting these types of problem with any modern SD card.
    • One more thing I've noticed is that Exposure Compensation set to 0.0 and the time of shooting was 22:06. May be it's just to dark outside already?
    • Problem solved-- previous owner had used the wrong screen protector!! Edit: or rather, they'd put the thick edge on the right hand side instead of the left!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Is this closer to what you had in mind? This is a very fast edit to recover the shadow information. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. There are several things to consider. As has been mentioned, the images were underexposed, probably due to the metering (it is set to be the most banal setting imaginable -- one that most folks change). Exposing on the bright building or the sky will make the trees go very dark. In reading the various posts you h