Bought an x-pro3, want an x100v

Good luck figuring that out. 

I've been bragging for six months how the X-E3 checks all my boxes, and I seek no other Fuji body style. Then the X100V showed up. This will be even harder for you since the X100V gets so close to the X-Pro3.

At the end of the day, the difference, besides the obvious lens situation, is right in the name - X-PRO3. This camera has pro features, and is made tough enough for hard core pro use. Titanium is an order of magnitude tougher metal than aluminum. Then there is the dual card slots. I generally regard weather sealing a pro feature, and then the X100V came along and said "hold my beer - no, wait, SPILL my beer!"

But there is a siren call of some sort coming from the X100V.   

I have a X-PRO3 and would not part with it and the advantage of being able to use other lenses than the 23mm which is my most used field of view as it was on my Leica M9.

I would most certainly never replace it with with the X100V for the only advantage of thr smaller size (the X- PRO3 osn't all that big)

I just might submit to the temptation of getting a X100V nest to the X-PRO3, but fear it will all too often be left behind and taking 2 bodies on a trip is for me a no go 

Keep the X-Pro...the X100V is the "it girl" of compact mirrorless rangefinders, but even with all the upgrades, it does not give you the option to change lenses, you can't use filters (without a $70 adapter) and it is still a leaf shutter, so no bokeh with fast shutter speeds (unless you like smeared blur).  The X-Pro 3, while certainly is not pretty or pocketable, offers much more versatility now and in the future - it is the less attractive but more useful older sibling.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:05 AM, Lagigia said:

Since I have also an X-T1, should I trade the X-Pro3 for the X100V and use the X-T1 whenever I need a different focal length?

I have an X-T1 as well, and already placed my pre-order for the X100V. I contemplated the X-Pro3, but its too large for the purpose that I would want it for. I think the X100 series is hard to replace if you want something small but mighty. If you want the X100V for the size, the X-Pro3 is noticeably larger even when using it with the 27mm (I had the change to check out a pre-production unit).

Don't forget, the X-T4 is also about to come out, I think I'm going to sell a kidney, and get me one of those too lol