Fujifilm X100V: Silver beats Black… and Which One do You Prefer?

Fuji X Rumors

This Sunday I would like to investigate a crucial question. It’s probably the questions of all questions. The Fujifilm X100V looks better in silver or black? ;) I have a theory I will explain later… but first the rankings. I…

The post Fujifilm X100V: Silver beats Black… and Which One do You Prefer? appeared first on Fuji Rumors.

Full Article on Fuji Rumors

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, Fuji X Rumors said:

This Sunday I would like to investigate a crucial question. It’s probably the questions of all questions. The Fujifilm X100V looks better in silver or black? ;) I have a theory I will explain later… but first the rankings. I…

The post Fujifilm X100V: Silver beats Black… and Which One do You Prefer? appeared first on Fuji Rumors.

Full Article on Fuji Rumors

I had all the s/t/f in silver but I regret having ordered the V (also in silver) since it seems to have a lot of issues! 

• 2 months later...

“Silver beats black.” Is that a law, or something?

I only buy used, so it’s a matter of what’s available in my budget. Both have the same features and functions.

I have had silver and black cameras, and I actually don’t care.

• 5 months later...

I got X100V personalized version. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 8:09 PM, Bing said:

I got X100V personalized version. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi,
I am new here and this is my first post. I think your personalisation of the camera is totally cool.  I have ideas on how I could change my camera.  Could you please describe what exactly was done here. Material, printing, what technique to cut out, what glue etc.?
I would love to make something similar....

Best regards,

• 5 months later...

I’ve been shooting cameras since 1960, back then almost all cameras had silver bodies, but about 10 years later many cameras started to appear wearing black finishes.  The marketing was that black cameras were more stealth.  Brassing that is the edges of the body started to show the brass metal below the painted surface, in time this look was a sign of honor that the photographer really used the camera and so it seems most bodies were now black.  Sign of the times?, fashion statement? I don’t know but I’ve been buying black bodies ever since.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...