Officially announced: Fuji X-T4 comes on February 26!

FX Admin

I think the speed with which Fuji is rattling out new models will cause some people (myself included) to become anxious about the speed of obsolescence. Happy with my X-Pro2, and would prefer Fuji to show confidence in that, rather than racing to bin it in favour of the next incremental improvement.

I like Fujifilm (over other APS_C Systems) because of the lenses. I switched from Canon EOS D60; now mirrorless has the other advantage of doing eye recognition autofocus (eye AF). I am no pro, but an enthusiast (amateur). My current cam is the X-E1 for fun and the X-T2 for a little more serious shootings.

What's on my wish list?

1. A bigger grip with a bigger battery inside would be welcome. Of course, I do see other people who don't shoot 1.000 pictures a day on a city trip to London or Paris. These people want to keep the "film camera style" without an extending grip.

2. More film simulations - and film simulations that can be rendered to match any other film - would be appreciated, too. I made the disclaimer I switched from Canon; and on Canon cameras you can use 6 or 7 build-in / fixed "picture styles" plus 3 more of your own liking. And the Canon community build their own picture styles which are countless. (I myself rendered some, using the picture style editor.) Why not implement this alike in Fuji cameras?

3. Whenever I switch from studio shooting - owning a small own photo studio and shooting for friends exclusively - or flash shooting - I mean "off camera flash shooting", e.g. for photographing items I want to sell on the local community, like ebay, on a private basis - I feel there are so many adjustments to be made from auto iso to manual iso, auto shutter speed to manual shutter speed 1/125 or 1/160, white balance, electronic shutter to mechanical shutter, automatic viewfinder brightness film simulation; and maybe some more. So what about user customizable modes U1, U2, U3? I can figure out this point is not easily to be implemented on a camera with dedicated wheels for aperture, iso, and shutter speed. So...

... what about combining points 1 & 3 in another camera called X-H2 or - because it's too late now - call it X-H3? This would give a somewhat distinctive style to the H-series, which has little unique selling propositions when the X-T4 comes with IBIS.

Just my 2 cents and on the H-series instead of T-series. Okay but:

Thank you, Fujifilm, for listening!

STABILIZATION !!!  I have the 90mm with my T1 and T30 and no image stabilization BIG mistake from Fuji, hope the T4 has it otherwise I'm switching back to Sony which has everything in a smaller package. Was waiting for the Pro3 but Fuji screwed it with the stupid display.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, aldownie said:

I think the speed with which Fuji is rattling out new models will cause some people (myself included) to become anxious about the speed of obsolescence. Happy with my X-Pro2, and would prefer Fuji to show confidence in that, rather than racing to bin it in favour of the next incremental improvement.

I'm not concerned about how fast new models are coming out from Fuji, as I'm very pleased with my current Fuji kit. They are getting th job done for me and done well!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, aldownie said:

If your current camera does everything you want it to do for you, it's not obsolete even if Fujifilm comes out with the X-Pro7 or X-T7. Newer cameras always have more and more features that most of us don't need and don't use, especially when we only shoot still photographs.