New firmware for X-T30 anytime soon?

Holger

Hi,

I am curious if we X-T30 users have been forgotten with a new firmware?

I read on several locations, that the X-T30 should get functionality from the same firmware upgrade Fuji released for X-T3. E.g. here: https://www.dpreview.com/news/9533780435/fujifilm-x-t3-mirrorless-camera-will-get-new-firmware-updates-starting-in-mid-december

What is the status here? Does the X-T30 still get some love?

Holger

No rumors about that now, although the X-T30 was included in the AF updates rumors before.

I really hope they do it, but probably they will try to fix the eye-AF issue with the most used portrait lens on the X-T3, the 56mm f1.2...

If it comes, i'm no expecting it before end of March / April.

• 1 month later...

Finally we got love!

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/x-t30/

Gimbal / Drone support (*)

This firmware adds the following function to complement the current support for still image shooting via USB communications:  
・Starting and ending video recording  
・Adjusting exposure settings (exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for video recording  
・Making manual focus adjustments for video recording
*This is the function via USB communication. About supported gimbals and drones, refer to support information not only on our website but also manufacturers’ websites.

Enhanced autofocus.

*Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes.
*Improving face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus.
*Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within a AF frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g. when shooting flowers against a busy background.

Capability to save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder.

Until now, the number of pictures that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999. This update will raise the limit by ten times to 9,999 pictures.

Fix of minor bugs.