Fuji X-T3 Firmware Update Ver.3.20

FX Admin

Fuji has released a Fuji X-T3 firmware update. Version 3.20 has these features:

1. Enhanced autofocus.
    • Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes.
    • Improving face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus.
    • Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within a AF frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g. when shooting flowers against a busy background.
  2. Capability to save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder.
    Until now, the number of pictures that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999. This update will raise the limit by ten times to 9,999 pictures.
  3. The phenomena below during a movie shooting are fixed.
    • Focus hunting at the minimum aperture.
    • A black line can sometimes appear on the bottom of the center.
  4. Fix of minor bugs.

» Official Fujifilm Download Site

Wish you guys would do something about the awful white balance on this model. The XT-1 was just perfect but this camera the WB shifts to odd colours when just panning and the lcd doesn't bear any resemblance to what comes out on the computer.

Somewhat taking me some time to get used to after the brilliant xt-1

I'm glad they're addressed the AF issue.

I wish they'd fix the bug where the AE-L button doesn't work when the camera is set with Auto ISO and Manual shutter and aperture. It's such a show stopper and must be easy to fix.

It would be nice if the quick menu could show the exposure triangle and other main camera setting so they're all in one place and can be checked easily and quickly. While I'm having a moan how about allowing the card format command to be placed in My Menu.

Edited by Snapperpete

On 1/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, Snapperpete said:

I'm glad they're addressed the AF issue.

As reported in several online forums, the eye AF with the 56/1,2 is worse than before. It was the first lens I tested because it is always a bit on the slow side, and I found it to be unreliable and with many AF mistakes. They have to fix it ASAP.

• 6 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, alba63 said:

As reported in several online forums, the eye AF with the 56/1,2 is worse than before. It was the first lens I tested because it is always a bit on the slow side, and I found it to be unreliable and with many AF mistakes. They have to fix it ASAP.

I made the same observation. Eye AF with the 56/1,2 is worse than before, and I observed the same problem (worsening) with a Canon 50/1,8 lens with a Viltrox adapter. Why does Fuji not respond to these reports??