X-t2 newbie

Byrne2007

Hi all, 

I am looking at buying a used x-t2 because I have heard great things about them. I am nit long in the photography game . I know there is no automatic mode on this camera and I have learnt to use aperature priority on my nikon , not fully but nearly there. So my question is can this camera be set to an automatic mode of I feel I want to let the camera do the work . Regarding setting the priority mode i take it i just put the SS to A  and ISO set to auto and use the aperture on the lense ring ? 

Thanks 

You didn't mention which lenses you use, so bergat is correct about setting the aperture on the lens, if you use XF lenses. For XC lenses (no aperture ring), you set the aperture with the front command dial, so to set an XC lens to auto, turn the command dial beyond the smallest aperture, and you will see the readout change color and display your wide-open aperture value. Your readout will also then display "A" in the lower left of your information display. Voila! Automatic Mode. 

Edited by itchy shutter finger