lightroom speed with OS X El capitan

hi guys,

wanted to ask if anyone is running a mac with OS X el capitan already? i updated yesterday to the latest beta and i wanted to let you know if there is some improvement noticeable. 

i run a MBPr 13 with i5 2.9 GHz and 16 GB RAM. While the overall performance is a bit faster i also noticed a small speed boost in LR CC. The Dev. Module is maybe a bit more responsive now, but the biggest speed boost i experienced is while exporting images. I usually do the basic adjustments in iridient and finalize it in LR and PS sometimes. For my blog i usually export the images one by one, depending on my needs, but this is much much faster now than it was with yosemite. anyone else experiencing this performance boost?

on the other hand i think adobe will have to implement the new metal graphics into their code and when they´ll do so i guess we´ll see a boost in the development module as well...

let´s see

Been running El Cap on my laptop for a while now. My photo stuff was 100% unaffected by that. 

What sometimes doesn't work for me are built in apps like Mail or Photos. What generally breaks for me are non-conforming apps (unfortunately Capture One was one of them a few times), I never had issues with Lightroom or Photoshop. 

I also never had data loss due to this, but I do have a few back up strategies that have worked so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed OS X El Capitan on a freshly formatted Early-2011 MacBook Pro. I use Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, I must admit that the overall system is a bit faster and responsive compared to Yosemite.

I noticed the biggest improvements in using the local adjustment brush and switching to/from Loupe and Grid view.

I use also VSCO Film, Nik Collection and Portrait Professional and all of them are working correctly without problems.

• 3 weeks later...

A word of caution on performance. Slim laptop and most mini computers (PC and MAC) typically use the "mobile" Intel processors. The speed of what is called an i5 in a laptop is about half of that of a desktop i5. Thats explains why what is an i5 in a laptop is an i3 in a dektop - they are really the same, this is what they call marketing. The underlying issue is power consumption - in laptops you get a frugal CPU that runs on much less power for the price of admission. Apple doesn't even mention what cpu's they are using, not that it helps much when Intel introduces new ones every 6 month or less. Most stuff today is manufacured in batches (production runs) - when all is sold a new (sub)version comes out using the bargain chips "of the week." Network, Blue Tooth and Sound chips are first in line to be changed but even screens and various other components change without an official model designation change. So not even camparing Apples to Apples is possible.