56mm for x-pro or x100 upgrade?

user_01

Have x-pro1 with 18-55 and canon fd 50mm f1.4 and original x100.

Use 90% of the time x100, cause i like it's size and focus range. Also because i have no good "glass" for x-pro (hate zooms and trying to get reed of 18-55 :)

Now try to decide if i should go for 56mm or upgrade x100 to x100t. Glass will serve me on future x-pro2 and x100t looks a lil bit outdated and not well build (according to x100 it's very easy to scuff top silver side) for it's price. What is your choice?

If you're OK with 35mm and 50mm eq. I'd recommend to stick with X100T and TCL. It's more stealth-like than X-T1 and much faster than original X100. I use X100s and TCL most of the time for studio portraits. I take longer lenses only for single person closeups.

If you're OK with 35mm and 50mm eq. I'd recommend to stick with X100T and TCL. It's more stealth-like than X-T1 and much faster than original X100. I use X100s and TCL most of the time for studio portraits. I take longer lenses only for single person closeups.

If the x100 series was in all metal body like xpro + f1.4 than it would be so obvious choice.

If the x100 series was in all metal body like xpro + f1.4 than it would be so obvious choice.

I don't understand why you don't like the x100 series quality. My X100s feels like all metal tank except for doors which is not a problem when it's in the case. I don't have X-pro1 so I have nothing to compare with but IMO X100 series mechanics is superb.

I don't understand why you don't like the x100 series quality. My X100s feels like all metal tank except for doors which is not a problem when it's in the case. I don't have X-pro1 so I have nothing to compare with but IMO X100 series mechanics is superb.

I like the camera and it's design, but build quality of pro is a way better. Otherwise how can i get 2 tiny scuffs on silver top wearing it in case only? No contact to ruff surface, bags or something. May be another paint technology?

When I looked at buying a camera to  get back into photography I looked at the X-Pro 1 because I loved soo much about it.

Then I looked at the X-T10

Then I bought the X-100T.

I'm very much  street/ documentary photographer and the 100T just fits that line of photography soo well. Inconspicuouse, fits in my pocket, and every bit as able to perosnalise as the X-Pro 1 (in fact she sits with same set up) - and the fixed lens means I don't have to worry about dust so much.

I'm chargin the batteryvup about once every 6 or 7 weeks due to work commitments reducing the chances to take a pic :-(

Still ponder the X-Pro 2, but only a really big jump in ISO could drsg me from this camera - and maybe A/F that can be geneuibely used for action/ wildlife - because those areas can come up when out in the street etc.