Omar Alamoudi

X-T1 manual focus while shooting video

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I don't usually shoot video with my beloved X-T1. But, in the past few days, I figured I'll try to shoot a few videos of the kids. I know I couldn't use auto focus, so while using the manual focus, I found it very difficult to insure focus using either the EVF or the LCD screen. The focus peaking feature doesn't seem to work while shooting a video.

Any advice/tricks?

Thanks,

Omar

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

• By Kasumi3344
      What are the best zoom lenses and prime lenses for 4K 24 FPS video on the XT-4?  I'm looking to duplicate the film days as closely as I can.  The greatest like Steven Spielberg (Schindler's List, E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Duel), John Carpenter (Escape from New York/L.A., Big Trouble in Little China).

I plan to do Black and White, and color.

Thanks.
    • By aguynamedguyuk
      I've been using my X-T1 solidly for two years now with the same set-up - usually my 18-55mm 2.8 or my 35mm 1.4.
      Recently I've been finding that it's not as sharp as it once was. This is the same whether I shoot handheld or on a tripod (with OIS turned off).
      For instance, I used the FujiFilm app to take some headshots of myself the other day and when looking at two images taken within a couple of seconds of each other, one was in focus, one was slightly out.
      The sensor is clean and it's not been a problem until recently.
      Has anyone had this before? Any advice?
    • By robgillman
      For some reason, Fujifilm have decided to restrict the interlock spot AE and focus area option to the single and continuous focus modes. On my X-T20, and from what I understand almost every model prior to the X-T4, the reference point for spot metering could be adjusted using the focus area while in manual focus mode. Now, spot metering in manual focus mode is just centre-weighted, perhaps with a smaller area of reference (though I didn't notice any change when switching between the two).
      If this was a conscious decision, I'm not sure I understand the rationale. Personally, being able to set my focus and then pick my spot metering point is incredibly useful for certain situations.
      Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge as to why this was changed? Do you agree that it's a useful feature? Do you think it could be reverted in a firmware update?
    • By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico