Omar Alamoudi

X-T1 manual focus while shooting video

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I don't usually shoot video with my beloved X-T1. But, in the past few days, I figured I'll try to shoot a few videos of the kids. I know I couldn't use auto focus, so while using the manual focus, I found it very difficult to insure focus using either the EVF or the LCD screen. The focus peaking feature doesn't seem to work while shooting a video.

Any advice/tricks?

Thanks,

Omar

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Paul Szilard
      Just curious, is there a significant user base on this site that shoots video and therefore is there (or should it be created??) a Video forum that I couldn't find?
      I happen to be the president of the Sydney Video Makers Club in Australia, and have a keen interest to shoot both video and stills using my Fuji system, having escaped from 20+ years of using Nikon.
    • By Marko92
      Good morning everyone,
      I'm a Fuji lover since the day they came up with that old fashioned looking xpro - what a great story they have built to become a solid challenger to the Canon, Nikon & Sony of this world.
      I'm using my XT3 primarily for video creation and am looking at switching to the XT4, due to the stabilization and therefore capacity to film handheld in some situations. I'm also considering switching from the standard lens kit (18-55 f2.8-4) to the 16-55 f2.8, which however doesn't have built in stab.
      My question: (i) from what the IBIS can do on other cameras (XH1?), do you expect it can offset the lack of lens stab?, (ii) I've read somewhere that should you mount your fuji on a DJI Ronin stabilizer and connect it, you may lose the in camera stabilization - is this fake or real?
      thanks a lot for your help (from Paris, France !)
    • By Marshall Timkii Hoang
      hi guy, I'm using X-h1, X-t1 with few lenses. I wonder should I buy an X100T or an extra 23mm f/2.0 lens. I'm gonna do street photography and sometime travel?

Thank you guys. 
    • By natswright
      I'm new to this camera and was looking for an autofocus subject tracking mode in video, as tracking in stills mode is supported. I've come to fuji cameras from using Canon kit, namely the 70d and M50, both of which supported subject tracking by simply clicking on an object using the touch screen. For example, if you wanted to video a pet running, subject tracking is very advantageous.
      As I understand it, my fuji doesnt support this, except in stills mode. I wonder, do folks here think this is possible with a firmware update? I beleive Sony added similar tracking options to the A6400 this way..

• By jkilgo
      I am starting to use my X-T2 for video production and I have a SmallHD 701 Lite that I used with my Canon's.  I cannot get this external monitor to work with the X-T2 anyone here have experience using external monitors?
    • I do not think you can do that directly from the menus. This may help you: (See Tony Chen's response.) https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66684  
    • That probably is a safety feature, USB-C delivers 15 watts of power = 5 volts at 3 Amps. USB-C with PD Gives 100 watts = 20 volts at 5 amps. If something goes wrong, either one of these is more than enough to send you ‘pining for the fjords’. https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/JackHsu.shtml  
    • X-T2, 16-80mm Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • This is very common and has been normal for many camera brands and models over the years. They always loosen up over time, now, for 3rd party glass that is another matter.
    • So if you shoot in high speed shooting, either 100p to 50p or 100p to 25p, and use a 1/100th shutter speed, the screen is almost black, like the shutter speed is 1/4000th.  Crank up one step to 1/120th shutter speed and the image is exposed, and each step up slighty darkens 1/3rd of a stop like it should.  120p high speed is fine, but the 100p and 1/100th shutter speed doesn't work.