There is this project in my mind...

Numtsi

Hi there,

I’m newly registered to this side, but not new to the side. Still haven’t made my newbie-post.

But first I wanted to get an idea from my chest.

I’m from Würzburg, Germany. Frankonia to be exact.

I’m shooting with Fuji for around 2 years and I’m looking for a personal project to shoot. But here comes my little problem. I love nature and landscape photography and Würzburg is soooooooooo boring ;)

If your not from here: Würzburg is a city with 130k citizens. We have lots of small towns around it and very much agriculture. The woodland is…. well, it’s not woodland, it’s more like commercial forest. The sea is around 600km away.

So what to shoot? I think I have some good pictures made here and I still have some ideas for photos in my mind. But I want a longterm project. But with what topic? Würzburg is still boring.

So I thought: Why not documenting the „boringness“ of Würzburg and especially the rural small villages around it?

But how do I photograph boringness? Pictures of farms? Fields? Lonely streets? Dirt? :D I don’t know yet.

But why am I this here? Even that I don’t know exactly. I think I just want another opinion from other photographers. I’m not a gear-guy. I’m more looking for ideas and inspiration.

Do you have any suggestions? Maybe other photographers who did something similar? Books?

I’m open to suggestions!

Regards

Andy

Edited by Numtsi

Are you being serious? :) :)

What you are describing sounds like fantastic opportunities for all kind of photography.

But if you are not trolling us, then try this: find a local tour guide/company and the next time they take tourists out to see the sights, go along. Those tourists have, most likely, never seen your area and will be amazed at what they are being shown. Every where you hear them going 'ooh' or 'ahh' take a quick photo to mark the location and then later come back for a more detailed self guided tour. This gives you two options, the neat places tour and the boring stuff tour. That may shake your ennui around a bit. Then show us the photos you get.

Edited by jerryy

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have just looked at Würzburg, Germany on line and it looks like an amazing place for photography. Old buildings, fantastic bridges over the river. The possible projects are endless. 

What about the bridges of Wurzburg, day night, different weather and seasons.

You talk about the agriculture, how about a farming project. find a local farmer willing to let you on site. Farmers use amazing machinery which is always photogenic, especially in B&W.

It is too easy to dismiss your home town because it is so familiar. 

Believe me, I live by the sea and have thousands of images of the same stretch of beach, you have to work at it to make it interesting.

Good luck and enjoy your photography. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Numtsi said:

Hi there,

I’m newly registered to this side, but not new to the side. Still haven’t made my newbie-post.

But first I wanted to get an idea from my chest.

I’m from Würzburg, Germany. Frankonia to be exact.

I’m shooting with Fuji for around 2 years and I’m looking for a personal project to shoot. But here comes my little problem. I love nature and landscape photography and Würzburg is soooooooooo boring ;)

If your not from here: Würzburg is a city with 130k citizens. We have lots of small towns around it and very much agriculture. The woodland is…. well, it’s not woodland, it’s more like commercial forest. The sea is around 600km away.

So what to shoot? I think I have some good pictures made here and I still have some ideas for photos in my mind. But I want a longterm project. But with what topic? Würzburg is still boring.

So I thought: Why not documenting the „boringness“ of Würzburg and especially the rural small villages around it?

But how do I photograph boringness? Pictures of farms? Fields? Lonely streets? Dirt? :D I don’t know yet.

But why am I this here? Even that I don’t know exactly. I think I just want another opinion from other photographers. I’m not a gear-guy. I’m more looking for ideas and inspiration.

Do you have any suggestions? Maybe other photographers who did something similar? Books?

I’m open to suggestions!

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, i live in cologne/germany and it's also boring, but you can find interesting ideas to shoot.
Her some examples from my series "Cologne Ugly".

Liebe Grüße, Spino

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!