Let’s Enjoy the Mirrorless Price War – Last Day (Maybe) to Save $1,000 on Fujifilm X/GFX Gear

Fuji X Rumors

eXtended X/GFX Deals In theory, this is the last day of Fujifilm X and GFX deals. I say in theory, as lately Fujifilm (and all other manufacturers), just keep up chronically discounting all their gear. See for example: Canon EOS…

The post Let’s Enjoy the Mirrorless Price War – Last Day (Maybe) to Save $1,000 on Fujifilm X/GFX Gear appeared first on Fuji Rumors.

Full Article on Fuji Rumors

Yes, I surely hope the GFX deals come back as I was planning on buying one.  But I just couldn't get the funds together in time to beat the deadline.  I would hate to see them keep the price high as that adds another $1,000 and eliminates me from buying one.  I will be looking at a full frame camera unless the prices come down again.  I hate to do that as I have been a Fuji user for a number of years now having come from Nikon.  Is it back to Nikon now?

I can't imagine Fuji would not go back to the sale prices.  They were on sale for such a long period time I'm surprised they ended it, and who is going to buy a GFX now when they were $1,000 (camera and lens) cheaper.  The higher prices won't help Fuji clean house if they are planning a new model.  Is that what is coming (the new registered number)?  I doubt it.  Fuji was really smart to make medium format "affordable" and even smarter to put them on sale.  With ending the sale, have they put it out of reach of many photographers now?  I hope not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• With the short shutter speed of 1/3500s, you don't need an image stabilizer. The 1st photo can probably be traced back to a conflict with the image stabilizer. Do you use the mechanical or electronic shutter? https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3698639  
    • I talked to the Fuji guy who was examining cameras for free at the show and he said that it is within spec. Their example was much tighter though! I know from experience that, although Fuji repair have been very good with obvious faults, that it will probably be a waste of money to send it in. I have bought a third party lens hood (Haoge lh-x18). This is metal, has a completely different design, and is heavier than the Fuji version. I am more confident that the lens will stay stable in high winds with this hood on.
    • I always loved the output of X-trans 2 based camera's so I picked up a minty used XT1 but I'm noticing that the camera gets this internal temperature warning and automatically shots off. This happens within 1-2 minutes and I'm not in a hot environment, neither am I taking videos or a lot of images. Just in simple idle mode or browsing the menus or taking some photos - anything I do on the camera and within 2 minutes of usage I get this warning sign.  Anyone else experienced this? My XT1 is running the latest firmware update (5.52) aesthetically in mint condition. Purchased from a mid age couple who bought this as a new hobby but claims didn't use it much. When I bought it and tested the camera it didn't happen. I've tried using different memory cards (all Sandisk brands ) two different batteries etc but no luck.  I also own an XE2 which never had this problem. Please advise if you know what may be the problem or how to remedy this? Thank you!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Additional image showing 100% zoom, shot at f6.4 1/3000 @ 206.5mm. I would say this is more inline of my expectation in terms of IQ and performance. Thank you!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!