Sign in to follow this  
billslavin

Xpro3 Battery--No charger; New Code NW-126S; Contrary to Advertisements

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm just unboxing my new xpro3 and I'm surprised and dissapointed that there is no battery charger included.

Instead there is a usbc cable with no power plug. Very disappointing. Apparently, we're supposed to charge the battery in camera.  This is a step backwards.

Also, although the advance reviews say it will use the same battery, I get an error message telling me use the new NP-W126S battery versus the xpro2 NP-W126.

Questions:

Will older version NP-W-126 work despite the warning in camera?

Will the charger for the NP-W126 work with the new NP-W-126S?

It feels like Fuju cut corners here.  Disappointing.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Please advise!

Yes, the old charger wil work with you "S" battery's. I have buy the Nitecore charger, great stuff! You can simultain load 2 battery's and keep a display control. Very import that you choose a charger with temp control, 3 pin's.

If the message coming up every time doesn't grind you down, you can still use the older battery but it will wear down faster, certainly under intensive use. I've not measured the number of shots from each when just taking single shots.