Xpro3 Battery--No charger; New Code NW-126S; Contrary to Advertisements

I'm just unboxing my new xpro3 and I'm surprised and dissapointed that there is no battery charger included.

Instead there is a usbc cable with no power plug. Very disappointing. Apparently, we're supposed to charge the battery in camera.  This is a step backwards.

Also, although the advance reviews say it will use the same battery, I get an error message telling me use the new NP-W126S battery versus the xpro2 NP-W126.

Questions:

Will older version NP-W-126 work despite the warning in camera?

Will the charger for the NP-W126 work with the new NP-W-126S?

It feels like Fuju cut corners here.  Disappointing.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Please advise!

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Seconding this! Would be nice to preview a desqueezed image in camera + output it via HDMI.
    • I found my answer. Actually you can assign the profile from a .dng conversion but not from a .tiff conversion. I hadn’t double checked the .dng option.
    • There's no implied threat. I'm just saying that you're going about things the wrong way. Now you're throwing conspiracy theories and mistresses in and, unaccountably for a photographer's forum, the word "buggery". Complaining and nagging may work for you, but I don't see why innocent posters here should be caught in your crossfire. If you want manual shooting, I'm with you. This is my first digital camera. In all of the various bodies adorning my shelf I haven't put a battery in any in over a decade except where the camera simply won't work without the presence of one. People have actually offered me high-spec DSLRs as they upgraded, but this one was the first one I wanted. I've had to change my MO massively in every way. I accept that, because it comes close to realising everything I need from it. Not 100%, but close.  Y'see, I get the fact that the manufacturers have a huge pool of customers to satisfy and as one of them I know and accept that they're not designing a custom camera for me alone. I accept that and I get on with it.  The solution you were offered is not a fudge or a workaround. It is a logical exploitation of a design feature of the camera: the ability to assign commonly-used functions to a button. That is an excellent customisation option. I'm going to gradually exploit that as I gain experience with the machine and learn what I need most readily at my fingertips.