Hi, I understand that the x-pro 3 can now combine up to 9 exposures with different blending modes in-camera. I'm very interested in this feature for creative use for which I have had to depend upon Canon up until now. Reading through the manual doesn't answer all of my questions and there isn't currently a demo model available where I live.

Can the final composite image be in raw file format or is jpeg only offered?

Can multiple exposure be assigned to one of the function buttons?

I would be very grateful if someone who has the new camera can contribute to our understanding of how Fujifilm have implemented the multiple exposure feature. I am sure that this can attract new users to the brand.

Many thanks.

Edited by Mr Michael
didnt enter title properly, new to site

JPEG only

Already is dedicated (unless overridden) to the DRIVE button (rear, center, top), and can be added to Q menu.

Please in ME DRIVE mode, follow screen prompts (up to 9 total exposures).  Menu configuration of stacking exposure method.

Can the final composite image be in raw file format or is jpeg only offered?

Can multiple exposure be assigned to one of the function buttons?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, Bowportes said:

Actually, on the X-Pro3, a separate raw file is saved for each exposure of the multiple exposure.  These could then be processed as raw files and layered to achieve the same multiple exposure that you get out of camera.

Thanks for replying. It's nice to have the option of saving RAW individual files as part of a multiple exposure but I would rather determine an individual final file to be saved as RAW. Returning to software later to try and replicate the image isn't quite the same experience as in-field production.

Perhaps final image saved as RAW can be requested as a firmware update although i'm not sure how to do that? It's great that Fuji have got at least  this far with the feature.

Edited by Mr Michael

On 1/5/2020 at 3:41 PM, g2iSite said:

JPEG only

Already is dedicated (unless overridden) to the DRIVE button (rear, center, top), and can be added to Q menu.

Please in ME DRIVE mode, follow screen prompts (up to 9 total exposures).  Menu configuration of stacking exposure method.

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the X-Pro 3, X-T4 and X-E4 all now offer the same multiple exposure feature. Just waiting for this to be added to the X-100V and also for RAW final output.

According to the manual the X-100V just has double exposure with basic blending modes although apparently internal processing is the same as X- PRO3. Looking at the firmware updates the expanded multiple exposure feature hasn't been added, not sure why?

If you go to the trouble of producing a multiple exposure in the field then surely you're going to want to edit a RAW version of this file without any additional steps. This is what I would like anyway. Kind regards to all!

Edited by Mr Michael

On 4/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Mr Michael said:

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the X-Pro 3, X-T4 and X-E4 all now offer the same multiple exposure feature. Just waiting for this to be added to the X-100V and also for RAW final output.

According to the manual the X-100V just has double exposure with basic blending modes although apparently internal processing is the same as X- PRO3. Looking at the firmware updates the expanded multiple exposure feature hasn't been added, not sure why?

If you go to the trouble of producing a multiple exposure in the field then surely you're going to want to edit a RAW version of this file without any additional steps. This is what I would like anyway. Kind regards to all!

Apologies for digressing on a niche subject but I just found an online video which shows that the X100V does feature the 4 different multiple exposure blending modes, so it's just the manual which is incorrect.

see blending modes at approx 1:10.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOVQ1xW3fw4