XT-20 not reading SD Card? "No memory card inserted"

Fenderguy1234

I just received this camera in black for Christmas.  I formatted my SD Card, which is a Sandisk 128 gb XC1 card.  My camera tells me no memory card is inserted.  The menu option to Format is grayed out.  I tried formatting the card on my computer, which I could do in both NTFS and exFAT formats.  Still, the camera can't read my card.   Do you guys think this is a problem with the camera?  Or should i buy a new card?

You probably have a SanDisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I card - they are slow but should be visible to the camera.

You said you formatted the card and then tried using a computer - does that mean that the camera initially formatted the card?

Its best to format the card in the camera (the X-T20 would format the card as exFAT).

The fact that your computer would read the card implies a camera rather than card problem. Have you checked inside the card compartment for any obvious problem or dirt?

How easy is it to take the camera back? If that's difficult because its a present you could try a new card first before getting Fuji to check the camera (something like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I cards are well regarded and relatively inexpensive for the smaller cards).

1 hour ago, Fenderguy1234 said:

Well this is quite the relief....

I found an old 2gb Kingston sd card laying around the house.  It works!

Good news - I'd still recommend a faster card such as the SanDisk Extreme Pro - might not make an enormous difference but will flush the buffer faster if you do any continuous bursts (and will copy from card to computer faster).

• 1 month later...

I also had this issue with my X-T2 saying:

"No memory card - Insert a new card"

This is the first time I have encountered this with my camera. I am using a micro SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30. My MacBook Pro was able to read this card through an external card reader but my camera was not able to.

I have tried 2 other Sandisk cards and they work just fine. 

Please help!!!

Thanks.

Edited by mrbasshole
additional info

• 2 months later...

Hi

Thought I’d post this very important information. I use a xt20 . It was filming for 5-10 secs before displaying ‘ write error’.

After going round in circles on settings menu , formatting card etc I worked out by searching ‘ how to spot a fake sundisk Sd card’ , I realised I had bought a fake card from eBay!
Put a genuine card in . Bingo ! No issues . Be careful when buying Sd cards , if they’re really cheap , they’re probably fake .

Mark 

• 3 months later...

I´m having the same issue with "no card inserted" being displayed. The card worked perfetctly fine a couple minutes ago. Like above my computer has no trouble reading the card. Just bought the new X-T4 - same issue (I was using the X-T20 before). It´s a PRO Solution ultra high speed Card (https://www.fotoprofi.de/p/prosolution-sdxc-128gb-130793574) and served me well the last two years. I dont get it - tried every formatting etc. Any new ideas or informations on that topic? Thx in advance

Edited by Shinotabi

• 1 month later...

I have XT-20 for 3 years. I got an error  card error message making the camera unusable.

When I switch it on it says:  !Card Error 

I have been using the same 64gb 95mb/s since I bought it. The card works in the macbook. I formatted it,  and the issue remained. I bought new SD cards of 64gb with the same problem. I went to camera show and tried different brands that were formatted and different 128gb, 64gb, 32gb,8gb and came to the conclusion that 8bg cards DO work. Anything above that doesn't. I updated the firmware, but still nothing abour 8gb memory cards work! This is so strange. Any help here would be appreciated.