What's the best online backup solution?

MrPolite

I know Amazon started offering unlimited storage for photo for a cheap price, but that doesn't seem to include support for Fuji RAF files. They do have an alternate unlimited "everything" but the price is higher.

Just wondering if any folks here have used online backup services and recommend any specific service?

Edit: I'm looking for a solution with unlimited space, given how large Fuji RAW files can be

I don't trust any online plan and I have Amazon Prime so I can use their cloud service for free.  with only 190,000 images I trust ME.  I have a 16TB Drobo, plus two 8TB each WD Thunderbolt drives.  Every now and then, one of the drives i move to one of my relatives.

Plus I have daily backups I run...

I am considering a personal cloud from WD or one of its competitors, configured as a fault tolerant RAID. It will be installed at the home of a friend, so if a power surge wipes out my storage at home, I will still have a set of images. As with any cloud, it can be accessed via the Interwebs from anywhere. (I do have fault tolerant backups at home as well)

I am considering a personal cloud from WD or one of its competitors, configured as a fault tolerant RAID. It will be installed at the home of a friend, so if a power surge wipes out my storage at home, I will still have a set of images. As with any cloud, it can be accessed via the Interwebs from anywhere. (I do have fault tolerant backups at home as well)

what software are you using to automate the process/replication across your place and friend's place? (or are you making the copies manually?)

thanks everyone else for the replies

what software are you using to automate the process/replication across your place and friend's place? (or are you making the copies manually?)

thanks everyone else for the replies

The various cloud devices seem to also come bundled with automated backup software. If I go this route, I will probably use Directory Opus resource management software instead. No automation, just drag and drop since it will see the cloud as a local drive. 

http://www.gpsoft.com.au/

The cloud device I am looking at can also be used as a NAS. Upon taking delivery, I will hook it to the machine I use for network storage and transfer all the files I want into the cloud device—no need for taking up the Internet bandwidth to initially copy loads of files. Once in opperation, as I transfer files to the graphics machine, a copy will go to the storage machine and then via the Internet to the cloud at my friend's home. It looks very flexible and adaptable to whatever workflow you are accustomed to.

Don't you think it would be better if you have a personalized cloud device dedicated to store your stuff? It's just an opinion and I'm sure that there are many other better options available out there that would suit your needs. Cloud backup has it's share of advantages compared to others as it's easier to copy large number number of files in a short span of time. I've used an online cloud backup software with good effect: http://www.storagepipe.com/services/online-backup-and-recovery-service/ and it has served it's purpose well. I hope it will be of some help to you as well. Like I said, there are n number of options available, the choice is your's.