Auto focus on lens makes so much sound

I've read the reviews for XT3 and everyones been raving about the new auto focus capabilities of it.

I still own the xt2 and I have found that the lenses make a lot of noise when focusing. I want to know if others have had the same experience with focusing on the xt2 and does it get better with xt3. The lenses I have are the 35 f2, 23 f1.4, 56 f1.2.

Here's a video I shot, you can tell the continuous focus isnt smooth and there is a lot of sound comingn from the lens alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8RHY-77WKo&t=22s

The 35 f/2 should be reasonably quiet.

All Fujifilm lenses faster than f/2, and that includes your 23mm and 56mm, have to move a lot of glass to change focus. That requires powerful AF motors which are slow and noisy.

The quietest lenses are those with linear motors, which you can easily recognize by the LM in their official designation. At the moment, most of those are zooms. The XF90mmF2 R LM WR is the only LM prime I know of, although it does require four linear motors to shove its focusing glass around.

Edited by Doug Pardee